CEO UPDATE July

Tarl

CEO UPDATE July

Post by Tarl » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 1:53 pm

Welcome to the Wests Tigers CEO Update for July.

Firstly, I’d like to say thank you for your support this season. A few weeks ago we reached 20,000 Members for the first time in the history of this club, an incredible achievement from where we were just a few years ago.

I’ve said this many, many times before but your Membership is incredibly important to Wests Tigers. To have more than 20,000 of you commit to the club is a great indication that we’re heading in the right direction and I look forward to going on that journey with you.

Since my last update there’s been some significant player movement as we confirmed our Top 30 squad for 2018. We were really happy to be able to get Moses Mbye across to join us earlier than expected and he’s had a great impact on the side since arriving. We got glimpses of what he can offer in his club debut and he took that to the next level against the Dragons and the Rabbitohs. Moses is an impressive young man and will be a great asset to this club both on and off the field.

It was great to also be able to welcome Life Member Robbie Farah back to the club. Robbie has given so much to Wests Tigers over the years and it’s only fitting that he’s able to come home and be a part of this club once again. We all know how passionate Robbie is about Wests Tigers and we’re all thrilled that he became the first player to take to the field 250 times for Wests Tigers last weekend. The game may not have ended the way that any of would have liked for Robbie but he played a huge role in that victory and it was great to see him back on the field at fulltime. He’s had a great impact on the club since returning and we look forward to having him as a part of our side for the remainder of this season.

We also welcomed Luke Garner into our Top 30 squad in recent weeks, a great reward for a young man who has impressed everyone in the way he had lead our ISP team so far this year. Luke’s impressed in both of his games so far and I’m sure we’re going to be seeing a whole lot more of him in the NRL team in the years to come.

A few weeks back we held our first Wests Tigers Foundation Gala, with more than 200 guests joining us for a special evening. The Foundation has been incredibly well received and the support from our Wests Tigers family has been humbling. We’ve got some great projects in the works using the funding that has come through the Foundation so far, projects that will make a meaningful difference for this organisation.

As you know we’re very proud of our Community Programs and were recently rewarded for that work with a significant grant for our Varying Abilities Program. We received a $300,000 Federal Government grant to be able to deliver this program into schools across the state, we’ve already seen the positive impact that this program had when we piloted it and look forward to spreading that message far and wide.

Work on our planned Centre of Excellence continue with plenty happening behind the scenes as we work with a number of key stakeholders. We recently had engineers and architects on site with some exciting announcements hopefully just around the corner.

With just six games remaining in the regular season things are certainly hotting up both on and off the field. We had great support at ANZ Stadium last Saturday and I look forward to seeing many of you at our final home games at Leichhardt Oval and Campbelltown Sports Stadium. We have a team that are putting in everything, everyday, to get the results that we all hope for and I can assure you they will leave everything on the field in the pursuit of that.

With the end of the regular season quickly approaching we have a number of special events coming up. The Kelly-Barnes Awards will be held at Curzon Hall on Monday 3 September and once again is set to be a great night. Following that we have our traditional Grand Final Lunch on Friday 28 September at Le Montage. Both of these events are not to be missed, with more information available on the club’s website.

Justin Pascoe
Wests Tigers CEO

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 3:16 pm

Really positive stuff & I especially like the sounds of this...

Tarl wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 1:53 pm

Work on our planned Centre of Excellence continue with plenty happening behind the scenes as we work with a number of key stakeholders. We recently had engineers and architects on site with some exciting announcements hopefully just around the corner.

We have a team that are putting in everything, everyday, to get the results that we all hope for and I can assure you they will leave everything on the field in the pursuit of that.

Justin Pascoe
Wests Tigers CEO

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 3:31 pm

Tarl wrote:

Justin Pascoe
Wests Tigers CEO
Did I do something..

Did they release he location????

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 3:46 pm

Spartan117 wrote:
Fri 27 Jul, 2018 3:31 pm
Tarl wrote:

Justin Pascoe
Wests Tigers CEO
Did I do something..

Did they release he location????
I don't know what you did or didn't do..

It will be at Concord tho..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:52 am

Next Q&A should be interesting