Yes
11%
No!
89%

Total votes: 82

supercoach

Re: PHIL GOULD

Post by supercoach » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:03 pm

As I said many posts ago, Gould hero is uncle Nick and while at the Chooks Gus learnt that all you worry about is your own back yard and you do what ever you have to, and how you do it and what rules you brake and what people you stuff up in the process means nothing.

Sadly Goulds ego is now totally out of control

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:27 pm

Just had this feeling when Gus came out with the comments about NC going with his blessing that the scorpions tail wouldn't be too far away

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:51 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:27 pm
Just had this feeling when Gus came out with the comments about NC going with his blessing that the scorpions tail wouldn't be too far away
The comment didn't look natural coming from his head but obviously was to put the pressure on us as he knew this would happen so it makes more sense now.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:55 pm

One of the smartest minds going around the game ........

When he doesn't have his foot involved as a GM

When he says something now you automatically think "what does he want for Penrith with this comment "

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 12:32 am

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:51 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:27 pm
The comment didn't look natural coming from his head but obviously was to put the pressure on us as he knew this would happen so it makes more sense now.
The guy is a cretin

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 12:48 am

I hope someone goes to the effort of constructing a timeline of all the blatant lies he has told all year. It’s just one after the other with this guy. No sane person should ever believe a thing he says. His credibility is gone but with his arrogance he probably believes what he’s saying.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 12:50 am

Tbone wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 12:48 am
I hope someone goes to the effort of constructing a timeline of all the blatant lies he has told all year. It’s just one after the other with this guy. No sane person should ever believe a thing he says. His credibility is gone but with his arrogance he probably believes what he’s saying.
"Ivan I'd like to offer you a 4 year deal to join the Panthers as head coach. There is no bad blood about your sacking from my point of view. We'd love to have you and your son as club stalwarts for the long-term."

WswWt

Post by WswWt » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:04 am

He reminds me of Donald Trump.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:51 am

Tbone wrote:
Gould is making a big mistake , mark my words

This could be the making of the WT's

He is obviously so obsessed with keeping NC , he will do anything to keep him

And if Pascoe can play smart and the board hangs tough , we can screw Penrith's and Gould's ass to the wall

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 8:13 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:51 am
Tbone wrote:
Gould is making a big mistake , mark my words

This could be the making of the WT's

He is obviously so obsessed with keeping NC , he will do anything to keep him

And if Pascoe can play smart and the board hangs tough , we can screw Penrith's and Gould's ass to the wall
X2 - so they never get off the wall!

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 8:57 am

I don’t like Gould but he is smart. No way in the world he sacks Griffin without the future already sorted. My opinion is Cleary has already agreed to term - it’s just the timing and release that needs to be sorted
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jctiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:06 am

It’s survival of the fittest, Gould doesn’t give a s#*t what happens to us.
He’s the same as Politis. Win at all costs

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:10 am

I have never understood the love for this bloke. Just listening to his commentary (which I avoid wherever possible), he is the greatest fence sitter known to man. Whatever ends up happening, it's all because he knew it was happening etc. How quickly he forgets the other side.

It's always how the NRL are wrong. The referees are wrong and he would fix it all for free, and he is constantly critical because of hidden agendas.

Well if you are so good Mr Gould, get off your high horse and do it.

He is the typical egomaniac tool that thinks everyone else is wrong and he is right.

Ass clown of the highest order.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:10 am

Yep if it’s “done deal” with Cleary leaving then all (WT compensation, Cleary contract and announcements) should be sorted before our next game.
Can’t see that our team runs out with this hanging over them.

Juro

Post by Juro » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:13 am

I used to like him, long long ago. He is extremely knowledgeable about the game, and has a passion for it.

However, nowadays he is far too agenda driven. If there is something he doesn't like, he won't shut up about it. And since he is very self-interested, he often uses his power to harm the game. His negative views on referees ("no no no no no") frame how a lot of people see the game. His lack of respect for international football has damaged rugby league as a whole.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:15 am

Tigers will stick their boot in. Cleary can't walk without us rescinding the contract . I'm honestly happy if we run 16th for a couple of years and hold our ground. Drag Ivans and Gus's reputation further through the mud if that's what they want.

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:16 am

Done deal?

Agreed to terms?

Am I missing something regarding the above comments? Ivan is contracted to the end of 2020. If WT aren't releasing him, he goes nowhere.

It's pretty simple.

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 9:22 am

Donald Trump?

More like a run down, overweight Adolf Hitler with dandruff and eczema.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.