Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

TonyTiger

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by TonyTiger » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:23 pm

Surely Ivan has brought the club into disrepute and is now deemed a conflict of interest. We should have rights to sack him without recourse - once the panthers have appointed a coach.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:24 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:13 pm
akpinareren1 wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 7:42 pm
I’m so confused why everyones so outraged. Nothing has happened so far. Ivan hasn’t signed with the panthers for 2021 yet. We signed him for two more years so why is everyone already assuming he’ll definitely be gone. Its like us complaining corey thompson is ‘definitely’ leaving us when his contract ends.
Pull you head out of the sand.
Okpinarient... It makes recruitment very difficult for us in the next few years... Players wanna know who the coach is... They don't wanna know a coach will be leaving soon

UKTiger

Post by UKTiger » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:27 pm

The whole thing is just a massive mess.

Gus has just been Gus, why anybody after everything that 'appears' to have gone on would want to work under him beats me. The desperation to hold on to NC is quite funny really, that's what its all about at the end of the day.

Wait two years for IC
Put a caretaker coach in charge until he arrives.
IC arrives...yey
Penrith don't make the top eight
Gus is isn't happy and starts eyeing up another coach
They then unethically approach said coach
IC is sacked (again by Gus)
NC is unhappy and wants to leave!

I suppose they get to keep NC for another two years though.

I don't agree with people that say IC could still coach the Tigers for the next two years. His eye would always be on the Panthers, stand out players at the Tigers could be getting tapped up for the Panthers.
I also don't agree with having a future coach working along side him, what would be the point? If he does want to go replace him and take the compo.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:27 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:23 pm
Surely Ivan has brought the club into disrepute and is now deemed a conflict of interest. We should have rights to sack him without recourse - once the panthers have appointed a coach.
If we sack him..no compensation from Penrith..they will appoint Ciraldo with bee sting promising to look after him wink wink...move him to assistant ....and let Cleary waltz in..not a good plan..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:28 pm

The Panthers are starting to look a bit unhinged. N Cleary is a fine player but putting all your eggs in one basket and then making your coaching strategy based on who his father is seems barmy enough. To go into a holding pattern for 2 years to accomplish this is crazy. If this was our plan I'd be shaking my head.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:30 pm

Make him stay either way no release. If we have to pay Madge and Cleary make Penrith wait. 2 years is a long time in Rugby League Panthers won’t want to wait.

Dan Blanco

Post by Dan Blanco » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:31 pm

Ivan should/will honour his contract.

LeichhardtTiger

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:43 pm

NOVEMBER NOVEMBER NOVEMBER - No team can negotiate with an off contract player from another team until then. IC knows that. Penrith jumped the Gun sacking Griffen. IC wouldn't go back to Penrith unless Gould is gonski! Huth tipped it when he said, in reference to Nathan coming to the Tigers: "It might still happen!" This has been the most covert NRL operation since Superleague! I reckon the Bus is on Silent Running!
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:50 pm

LeichhardtTiger wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:43 pm
NOVEMBER NOVEMBER NOVEMBER - No team can negotiate with an off contract player from another team until then. IC knows that. Penrith jumped the Gun sacking Griffen. IC wouldn't go back to Penrith unless Gould is gonski! Huth tipped it when he said, in reference to Nathan coming to the Tigers: "It might still happen!" This has been the most covert NRL operation since Superleague! I reckon the Bus is on Silent Running!
Hmmm a stealth bus?
"Quality Stupidity"

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:52 pm

LeichhardtTiger wrote:
So IC went under cover to flush Gus out... wow, he would be the greatest Wests Tiger in history if he did that (after Benji, and maybe Robbie too).
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:53 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:28 pm
The Panthers are starting to look a bit unhinged. N Cleary is a fine player but putting all your eggs in one basket and then making your coaching strategy based on who his father is seems barmy enough. To go into a holding pattern for 2 years to accomplish this is crazy. If this was our plan I'd be shaking my head.
Exactly. For those skimming, this is the post to read.

vlad

Post by vlad » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:55 pm

LeichhardtTiger wrote:
ivan’s Ultimate revenge on Gus ? That would be delicious .

kafta

Post by kafta » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 9:06 pm

UKTiger wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:27 pm
The whole thing is just a massive mess.

Gus has just been Gus, why anybody after everything that 'appears' to have gone on would want to work under him beats me. The desperation to hold on to NC is quite funny really, that's what its all about at the end of the day.

Wait two years for IC
Put a caretaker coach in charge until he arrives.
IC arrives...yey
Penrith don't make the top eight
Gus is isn't happy and starts eyeing up another coach
They then unethically approach said coach
IC is sacked (again by Gus)
NC is unhappy and wants to leave!

I suppose they get to keep NC for another two years though.

I don't agree with people that say IC could still coach the Tigers for the next two years. His eye would always be on the Panthers, stand out players at the Tigers could be getting tapped up for the Panthers.
I also don't agree with having a future coach working along side him, what would be the point? If he does want to go replace him and take the compo.
Great post mate, my exact thoughts also.

Red Rugby

Post by Red Rugby » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 9:09 pm

Ivan Cleary has no plans to jump off Tigers’ bus, will commit future to club on Saturday

David Riccio Daily Telegraph

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 9:14 pm

Red Rugby wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 9:09 pm
Ivan Cleary has no plans to jump off Tigers’ bus, will commit future to club on Saturday

Everyone, delete your IC out posts :lol:
No more plodders!
:sign:

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 9:15 pm

:roll
WT2K wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 9:14 pm
Red Rugby wrote:

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 9:27 pm

gallagher wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 9:15 pm
:roll
WT2K wrote:
Red Rugby wrote:

What posts?? My dog hacked my account.

Enjoyed letting rip, I'm a fan and member not a CEO! people get offended too easily and then righteous if they are right. No fun.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 9:28 pm

WT2K wrote:
Red Rugby wrote:

Love your humour :lol: .

On a serious note the only way he can fix this mess is if he extends the current deal his on if not he will be going in 2 years anyway .
Ivan is probably hoping the Tigers will release him if they realise his going in 2 years anyway.
I still want him gone .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.