Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2403
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 12:45 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 12:15 pm
Pfffft.
After sacking him.... Gus says he's prepared to forgive Griffin for telling his side of the story.

What an arse wipe
Last edited by Spud Murphy on Sun 12 Aug, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.


goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6392
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 12:48 pm

Russell wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 8:48 am
TonyTiger wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 8:42 am
MightyMaggy wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 6:21 am
Congratulations to all of the Ivan Cleary haters!
Congratulations to all the Ivan Cleary haters, who are obviously trained psychologists and can read the truth behind a person's words!
If I was Nathan Cleary and I read your unfounded comments on my father, I would re-sign with Penrith, IMMEDIATELY.
By the way, if you read all of the baseless vitriol in this thread from those finding fault with Ivan not speaking earlier in the week, no wonder he put off speaking out for as long as he could! Following all of the vitriol, I would think that Ivan might find somewhere else to work, when he has completed his contract with Wests Tigers.
Put your white jacket on and join up it at the sleeves,, you’re sounding a bit troubled.
Nobody hates Ivan but we’re not walking around with rose coloured glasses on, unlike yourself.
The forum is a vehicle for everyone to voice their own opinions, not yours.
He was voicing HIS opinion - isn't he allowed to do that on a Forum.

OR is it only people that agree with your scenarios that are allowed to voice their opinions????

You need to get real, Ace!
What Maggy said does have some merit.
Some here have come out with some utter garbage without having any idea of who said/ did what and were close to or even bordering on being slanderous as well
Not the way to endearing ourselves to someone we could be trying to sign in future
As far as I know, Nathan Cleary hasn’tdone anything to WTS, it might be time to lay off some of the abuse of him and his father.unles there’s actually a legitimate reason.

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 3199
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 12:48 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 12:15 pm
Its always possible Cleary was intending to go, but the way Penrith have handled things and the fact they threw him under the bus has totally soured him.
GNR, Josh Stuart confirmed that Ivan Cleary would never go back to the Panthers with Gould at the club. I read that Gould has recently signed a 5 year contract. The scenario you have put forward is not supported by what a close family member had to say on the matter.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22666
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 12:51 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 12:48 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 12:15 pm
Its always possible Cleary was intending to go, but the way Penrith have handled things and the fact they threw him under the bus has totally soured him.
GNR, Josh Stuart confirmed that Ivan Cleary would never go back to the Panthers with Gould at the club. I read that Gould has recently signed a 5 year contract. The scenario you have put forward is not supported by what a close family member had to say on the matter.
So Penrith fire Griffin to replace him with Cleary, without actually having approached Cleary first?

User avatar
Kul
Member
Member
Posts: 5935
Joined: Sat 04 Jul, 2009 12:24 am
Location: London

Post by Kul » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 12:52 pm

cuzzo wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:16 am
And mods, if I have to have..

“this is not Wayne Cousins”

The member Ivan Cleary should have the same

Peace
Lol, who did that?

Hahaha

:roll

Mate feel free to change it 😂
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com


goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6392
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 12:57 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:39 am
Get rid of Cleary.

He is conniving.

So bad for our prep this week.

Raiders to put 50 on us today.
A very well thought out comment, must have been hard to reach that conclusion.
Personally , I hope they won’t, but they usually do!

Donald Trump
Member
Member
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue 15 Nov, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Donald Trump » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 1:12 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 12:34 pm
Donald Trump wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:39 am
Get rid of Cleary.

He is conniving.

So bad for our prep this week.

Raiders to put 50 on us today.
The real question you need to ask, beyond your dumb and unproven comments about "conniving", is what happens if we WIN today?

We've lost 6 of the last 7 against Canberra and they've scored at least 46 points in our last 4 matches. The most we've posted in these 4 games is 12 points, which was the last game and it was 12-10 to us at HT.

We were sufficiently prepared for those games and we all know that the 2016 Rd 26 match was playing for a place in the finals.

So what if we actually win today, what does that say about the "alternative" preparation of this week?

Raiders putting 50 on us is just par since 2016.
I’m happy to be proven wrong Jirksy
Let's make the Tigers great again!

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2858
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 2:02 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:39 am
Get rid of Cleary.

He is conniving.

So bad for our prep this week.

Raiders to put 50 on us today.
Positive thinking

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29559
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 2:43 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 1:12 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 12:34 pm
Donald Trump wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:39 am
Get rid of Cleary.

He is conniving.

So bad for our prep this week.

Raiders to put 50 on us today.
The real question you need to ask, beyond your dumb and unproven comments about "conniving", is what happens if we WIN today?

We've lost 6 of the last 7 against Canberra and they've scored at least 46 points in our last 4 matches. The most we've posted in these 4 games is 12 points, which was the last game and it was 12-10 to us at HT.

We were sufficiently prepared for those games and we all know that the 2016 Rd 26 match was playing for a place in the finals.

So what if we actually win today, what does that say about the "alternative" preparation of this week?

Raiders putting 50 on us is just par since 2016.
I’m happy to be proven wrong Jirksy
No... That doesn't wash.
You need to prove you're right

User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 984
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Cairnstigers » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 3:05 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:39 am
Get rid of Cleary.

He is conniving.

So bad for our prep this week.

Raiders to put 50 on us today.
Cough Cough

Coasttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed 15 Feb, 2012 2:45 pm

Post by Coasttiger » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 4:20 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 3:05 pm
Donald Trump wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:39 am
Get rid of Cleary.

He is conniving.

So bad for our prep this week.

Raiders to put 50 on us today.
Cough Cough
:roll

User avatar
MightyMaggy
Member
Member
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 10:56 pm
Location: Bligh Park

Post by MightyMaggy » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 4:40 pm

Congratulations to Ivan Cleary and the team. What a great result under the circumstances of the last week.
May I also say congratulations to the employees of the Club, the Management and the Board for their contribution to the great improvement the devoted supporters have seen in the last twelve months.
Go the Mighty Tigers!

User avatar
fibrodreaming
Member
Member
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon 28 Mar, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by fibrodreaming » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 5:46 pm

MightyMaggy wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 4:40 pm
Congratulations to Ivan Cleary and the team. What a great result under the circumstances of the last week.
May I also say congratulations to the employees of the Club, the Management and the Board for their contribution to the great improvement the devoted supporters have seen in the last twelve months.
Go the Mighty Tigers!
I'll second that !

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3138
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 5:47 pm

Telltails wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 7:38 am
NT Tiger wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 6:24 am
MightyMaggy wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 6:21 am
Congratulations to all of the Ivan Cleary haters!
Congratulations to all the Ivan Cleary haters, who are obviously trained psychologists and can read the truth behind a person's words!
If I was Nathan Cleary and I read your unfounded comments on my father, I would re-sign with Penrith, IMMEDIATELY.
By the way, if you read all of the baseless vitriol in this thread from those finding fault with Ivan not speaking earlier in the week, no wonder he put off speaking out for as long as he could! Following all of the vitriol, I would think that Ivan might find somewhere else to work, when he has completed his contract with Wests Tigers.
Yep! AS I said earlier, it says more about the character of those making the comments than about the character of the man himself.
Oh please...save your holier than thou judgements of others in regard to Ivan just because you interpret the information different to others, and want to believe he is innocent of any wrong doing in relation to this matter. I wanted to believe that too - but nothing for five days.

All I wanted from Ivan is to demonstrate that the "vitriol" that has been pedaled out about being on the bus that we have been listening to for the last eighteen months still applies to him. There was enough that happened and was reported that questioned that.
Yes we got the prepared statement yesterday 5 days later, but all he had to to was unequivocally deny that he had any interest in the coaching position at Penrith, as soon as the information came out, and story over.

But he didn't - and in doing so what could have been put to bed as misinformation and innuendo, instead resulted in lots of doubt about what his intentions are - that all rests with Ivan, the club, and or both.
Oh please?? I stand by what I said. Nothing holy about it, just giving someone the benefit of the doubt when there is no evidence to the contrary. If you want to hang him without evidence, thats your issue.
"All I wanted from Ivan." Now that is an OH PLEASE!
Ivan owes you nothing, he was hung out to dry by the media just so the vultures could have a feed.
"Quality Stupidity"

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6100
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 7:19 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 1:12 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 12:34 pm
Donald Trump wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:39 am
Get rid of Cleary.

He is conniving.

So bad for our prep this week.

Raiders to put 50 on us today.
The real question you need to ask, beyond your dumb and unproven comments about "conniving", is what happens if we WIN today?

We've lost 6 of the last 7 against Canberra and they've scored at least 46 points in our last 4 matches. The most we've posted in these 4 games is 12 points, which was the last game and it was 12-10 to us at HT.

We were sufficiently prepared for those games and we all know that the 2016 Rd 26 match was playing for a place in the finals.

So what if we actually win today, what does that say about the "alternative" preparation of this week?

Raiders putting 50 on us is just par since 2016.
I’m happy to be proven wrong Jirksy
And proven wrong you were.

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2755
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 7:21 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 5:47 pm
Telltails wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 7:38 am
NT Tiger wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 6:24 am
MightyMaggy wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 6:21 am
Congratulations to all of the Ivan Cleary haters!
Congratulations to all the Ivan Cleary haters, who are obviously trained psychologists and can read the truth behind a person's words!
If I was Nathan Cleary and I read your unfounded comments on my father, I would re-sign with Penrith, IMMEDIATELY.
By the way, if you read all of the baseless vitriol in this thread from those finding fault with Ivan not speaking earlier in the week, no wonder he put off speaking out for as long as he could! Following all of the vitriol, I would think that Ivan might find somewhere else to work, when he has completed his contract with Wests Tigers.
Yep! AS I said earlier, it says more about the character of those making the comments than about the character of the man himself.
Oh please...save your holier than thou judgements of others in regard to Ivan just because you interpret the information different to others, and want to believe he is innocent of any wrong doing in relation to this matter. I wanted to believe that too - but nothing for five days.

All I wanted from Ivan is to demonstrate that the "vitriol" that has been pedaled out about being on the bus that we have been listening to for the last eighteen months still applies to him. There was enough that happened and was reported that questioned that.
Yes we got the prepared statement yesterday 5 days later, but all he had to to was unequivocally deny that he had any interest in the coaching position at Penrith, as soon as the information came out, and story over.

But he didn't - and in doing so what could have been put to bed as misinformation and innuendo, instead resulted in lots of doubt about what his intentions are - that all rests with Ivan, the club, and or both.
Oh please?? I stand by what I said. Nothing holy about it, just giving someone the benefit of the doubt when there is no evidence to the contrary. If you want to hang him without evidence, thats your issue.
"All I wanted from Ivan." Now that is an OH PLEASE!
Ivan owes you nothing, he was hung out to dry by the media just so the vultures could have a feed.
Save the moral high ground rant NT. Seem to recall you being vocal about the character of others based on information fed by the media without giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Dont think I have ever attacked Ivans character, but questioned his commitment this week especially when he remained quiet on the matter, and with the knowledge that he wants to coach his son. His silence allowed the story to gain momentum and whether it was his choice to stay silent or not - if there was no truth in it it could have been shut down five days ago. Its that simple.
I have always been vocal in my support for Cleary but am over the focus being on coaching Nathan. If anything the events of the last week may have thwarted that for a period of time and Ivan can give his complete attention to coaching the WTs.- and without Ivan owing me anything - Im more than happy with that.

Donald Trump
Member
Member
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue 15 Nov, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Donald Trump » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 7:38 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 7:19 pm
Donald Trump wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 1:12 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 12:34 pm
Donald Trump wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:39 am
Get rid of Cleary.

He is conniving.

So bad for our prep this week.

Raiders to put 50 on us today.
The real question you need to ask, beyond your dumb and unproven comments about "conniving", is what happens if we WIN today?

We've lost 6 of the last 7 against Canberra and they've scored at least 46 points in our last 4 matches. The most we've posted in these 4 games is 12 points, which was the last game and it was 12-10 to us at HT.

We were sufficiently prepared for those games and we all know that the 2016 Rd 26 match was playing for a place in the finals.

So what if we actually win today, what does that say about the "alternative" preparation of this week?

Raiders putting 50 on us is just par since 2016.
I’m happy to be proven wrong Jirksy
And proven wrong you were.
Jirksy, or Jirk as I’ll refer to you going forward (i feel we bond well. Mmmm), I am ecstatic about the result today.

I like many a WT fan was disappointed with IC this week not nipping this in the bud early.

However, the guy still hasn’t committed past his current contract so I still think he is conniving and has his own agenda. Dont you?

Thanks Jirk. Happy to discuss further with you.
Let's make the Tigers great again!

Donald Trump
Member
Member
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue 15 Nov, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Donald Trump » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 7:41 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 2:43 pm
Donald Trump wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 1:12 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 12:34 pm
Donald Trump wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:39 am
Get rid of Cleary.

He is conniving.

So bad for our prep this week.

Raiders to put 50 on us today.
The real question you need to ask, beyond your dumb and unproven comments about "conniving", is what happens if we WIN today?

We've lost 6 of the last 7 against Canberra and they've scored at least 46 points in our last 4 matches. The most we've posted in these 4 games is 12 points, which was the last game and it was 12-10 to us at HT.

We were sufficiently prepared for those games and we all know that the 2016 Rd 26 match was playing for a place in the finals.

So what if we actually win today, what does that say about the "alternative" preparation of this week?

Raiders putting 50 on us is just par since 2016.
I’m happy to be proven wrong Jirksy
No... That doesn't wash.
You need to prove you're right
I’m happy that we won however in the long run I will be the one saying I told you so. Ask Jirk. He knows
Let's make the Tigers great again!

Locked