Cleary declares Tigers not dead yet

Wests Tigers Discussion
Swordy

Re: Cleary declares Tigers not dead yet

Post by Swordy » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:05 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:19 pm
Anyone happy to finish 9th, please leave. You are the problem
Anything less than first isn't good enough.
So you're telling me we should have won the comp
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:13 pm

Warriors lose this week and we flog Manly the last round will be very interesting.
I think the Broncos and Warriors both win this week and officially end our season.

yeti

Post by yeti » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:16 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Garbage! It's the fan's fault? How in the heck do you work that one out? And don't give me the crap about settling for mediocrity!
What do you suggest? Form a lynch mob and head out to Wests Tigers HQ and 'string 'em up' if they don't make the 8? You reckon that would work?
Give me a break!

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:28 pm

yeti wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:16 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Garbage! It's the fan's fault? How in the heck do you work that one out? And don't give me the crap about settling for mediocrity!
What do you suggest? Form a lynch mob and head out to Wests Tigers HQ and 'string 'em up' if they don't make the 8? You reckon that would work?
Give me a break!
He's making no sense!!! :roll

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:48 pm

yeah we're toast, just have to hope we at least finish on a high winning the last 2. At least we won't be getting the spoon as many predicted at the start of the year or even finishing in the bottom 4. Still disappointing given we shot ourselves in the foot a couple of times, but I guess the same could be said of some of our opponents who it could be argued shot themselves in the foot by not beating us.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:12 pm

Tigerdave wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:48 pm
yeah we're toast, just have to hope we at least finish on a high winning the last 2. At least we won't be getting the spoon as many predicted at the start of the year or even finishing in the bottom 4. Still disappointing given we shot ourselves in the foot a couple of times, but I guess the same could be said of some of our opponents who it could be argued shot themselves in the foot by not beating us.
Of the teams missing the 8 only the cows and the eagles havnt beaten us.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:18 pm

gallagher wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:12 pm
Tigerdave wrote:
that's bad in itself, but I was more looking at Roosters, Storm twice, Bunnies and Dragons not beating us

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:18 pm

gallagher wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:
.........yet
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:20 pm

Tigerdave wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:18 pm
gallagher wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:
that's bad in itself, but I was more looking at Roosters, Storm twice, Bunnies and Dragons not beating us
Oh right. Theyd be scratching their heads alright.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:26 pm

Is it just me or are contributors to this forum, with the word "tiger " in their name, the most critical of our club and coach?

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 12:08 am

magpiecol wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:26 pm
Is it just me or are contributors to this forum, with the word "tiger " in their name, the most critical of our club and coach?
It's you :). I've actually been pleased how well we've gone given all the disruptions in the spine this year and losing a number of players even before the season started.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 12:28 am

magpiecol wrote:
I'm disappointed sure, to be so close yet to miss out again, hurts. And I admire our coach, I thought when he signed up he would be the one to lift us up out of this mess. Maybe he still is, but unfortunately mud sticks, and I don't have the same amount of faith in him I once did.

Hoping come November and that all changes,

I want to believe, but as we have been let down so many times it isn't easy to keep the faith. A few good signings over the off-season (including young Nathan) will help a lot with that. Fingers crossed.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 6:39 am

gallagher wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 4:47 pm
supercoach wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 3:44 pm
Unless there is a major salary cap breach by a team above us and the NRL act on it our season is dead and dusted.

The start of a very hard sell, attracting people on a Thursday night to Cambo when really we are done for the year
Against Manly aswell. Hats of to anyone that travels more than 15mins to attend.
Well at least this situation of being done for the year did not occur until round 24 instead of round 17 or even round 10 where it was already looking likely until Ivan and Benji sent smoke signals to the Lone Ranger.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 6:58 am

The Patriot wrote:
Now Mr Patriot I can well understand that coming from you because when that avartar guy you are using was in a team coming 9th and beyond he also pulled up stumps and that made the problem worse. Hi Tommy
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 7:22 am

magpiecol wrote:
Your imagination is running wild.

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 7:55 am

Yea thanks Ivan...
When are u gonna kill us then?
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:00 am

yeti wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:16 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Give me a break!
Fire up Yeti, tell us what you really think.

Now as for the line you quoted it was in relation to the people who were posting that theyd be happy with 9th most seasons as its better than being at the bottom of the table.

If you and the others who have quoted me are happy to finish 9th every year so be it, just stop trying to pull up anyone who wants to aim a little higher.
Last edited by The Patriot on Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Its an opinion!

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:01 am

9th is better than 10th...

Havent played finals in what, 7? Seasons.

Where as cowboys are missing their first finals... In 7 seasons.

We need to step up.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.