Was there a knock on?

Tigerpete

Re: Was there a knock on?

Post by Tigerpete » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 1:13 pm

I've got no qualms with the mistake by the officials. Why? One tackle before the broncs second try there was a clear broncos knock on missed. Which subesequently cost us 6 points. Consider it a square up.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 1:56 pm

Paris Cobbs wrote:
shifty wrote:
diedpretty wrote:Bronco supporters really don't have much to whinge about - that was one of the most one sided refeeering displays i have seen in a long time - we couldn't get over the advantage line because Brisbane were allowed to stand in front of the ref most of the game and constantly jumped the play the ball - i counted 3 times where our runners 1 off the ruck where tackled by players who hadn't retreated from the previous tackle - all in all a woeful display of refereeing.
glad sum1 noticed that...i thought the broncos 10 was quite short tonight...
Sheens mentioned the 10 in his interview on ABC radio.

And, I've mentioned it elsewhere, but the video ref should have looked more closely for a Broncos' knock on when Beale scored and for the fact that Fitzy grounded the ball with his forearm.
Totally agree. Couldn't believe he took one look when some others check those things a hundred times. To be honest I was struggling to see who touched the ball so I'm amazed the video ref could tell after one look.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 4:31 pm

refs were a disgrace

what about that last 'knock on' to give them one last play at the end of the game?

i couldve sworn the broncos player knocked it on when contesting the short kickoff.

again no replay was shown on telly

izotope

Post by izotope » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 7:31 pm

was a sloppy play the ball, but as many have said there just before Second try was a massive knock on and they score on the next play.
tigers!

norm

Post by norm » Sun 04 Jul, 2010 10:21 pm

Totally agree that knock on was blatant and they didn't even have a look at it.
izotope wrote:was a sloppy play the ball, but as many have said there just before Second try was a massive knock on and they score on the next play.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 05 Jul, 2010 9:36 am

norm wrote:Totally agree that knock on was blatant and they didn't even have a look at it.
izotope wrote:was a sloppy play the ball, but as many have said there just before Second try was a massive knock on and they score on the next play.
Well that would be classed as the previous play iirc and they only look at what occured in the play leading up to a try

MGB

Post by MGB » Mon 05 Jul, 2010 11:56 am

Both sides spent a lot of time offside, Brisbane are getting quite good at exploiting this actually. For mine the Broncos second try was a clear knock on so things evened out in that regard. I still think the better team lost but it wasn't due to the ref that's for sure.

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Mon 05 Jul, 2010 6:54 pm

Golden wrote:I have been reading lots of forums and all the broncos fans are crying and saying they were robbed that the ref missed a knock on before our last try I didnt see it
i didn't seeit, but there was a definate ball knocked on the prior to the bomb being put up to fitzhenry ehich the comentators did not mention.
I dislike sowfs immensely