Kids Footy

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41479
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Re: Kids Footy

Post by happy tiger » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:30 pm

Another season over

Disappointing end to the season after only completing one set of six in the first 23 minutes and holding the ball for a total of either 15 or 17 tackles (depending on who you speak to ) we were down 26-0

We scored a good try just before half time to be down 26-6

2nd half started exactly like the first and we were in strife again

Final score 42-16 when we held on to the ball we scored twice to get back to 30-16 with about 13 to go

Sad way to go out with unarguably our worst performance of the season in the biggest game


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41479
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:34 pm

Just to add I have mentioned about Valleys half back before , he scored the last try from 70 out and we had him boxed within about a metre of the sideline

This kid is an absolute gun player , he never panicked , just bang bang bang and then beat another 4 cover defenders on his way to score under the post

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4131
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 8:50 pm

Yeah, last game in the morning, at least one down, but will probably run out a couple short as they have most games because of the silly splitting of a decent squad. Not easy for a team of newbies that are also the smallest overall in the comp, still they have had a go and enjoyed themselves, which is all that really matters.

The young bloke has progressed okay in his first year, backing up for the 9's at their gala day last week, where they went through the preliminaries undefeated, losing the final with a missed conversion after the siren that would have brought up a draw.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6427
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 9:47 am

The 12s div I team were back playing on Sunday, after their week off during the preliminary Semi and they played Burleigh at Beaudesert in howling winds.
The young bloke had the cast off his thumb on Friday and was happy to be back .
They were a bit shell shocked when Burleigh put two converted tries on them within the first 6 minutes, but they settled down to be 12-6 at half time.
Our forwards were driving the bigger Burleigh kids back in the second half with some heavy defence , and our backs ran in 4 more very good team tries.
the young bloke was glad to be back in his best position at halfback, and had no problems with the thumb, and scored 1 , and was heavily involved in all of the other Four tries.
It’s another week off this week, and then the GF against either Coomera, or Burleigh.
Helensvale has at least 3 teams already in the GFs and hopefully another 3 OR four from this coming weekend

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6427
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:31 pm

Good luck to the Six junior Helensvale Hornets teams that have reached
Tomorrow’s Grand finals at Parkwood.
The boys have all worked hard through the season , especially when all the Club and School Rep players were away
Give it everything kids!!

Just an update, lost 3 GFs, won 3 Not too bad
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Thu 06 Sep, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.


goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6427
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 1:38 pm

GF day at last Hornets were unstoppable in the 12s Div. 1 Grand Final today , beating Burleigh 32-6 after having a half time lead of 12-0,
Some great defence from the boys stopped every attacking raid from Burleigh and our attack was working at its best.
There was no way to pick a MoM as everyone did their jobs extremely well, and the pressure didn’t drop when the kids on the bench came on. In fact it got more intense
The good thing is that they’ll all be back again. Next year.

User avatar
Doc Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sun 30 Mar, 2014 9:53 pm

Post by Doc Tiger » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 1:32 am

Haven't posted much in here over the last month or two as I've had very little of a positive nature to post. But I thought bugger it.
The young blokes season turned to crap. We had a massive issue with the coach - Took it up with the club and left it in their hands. Presentation is on this weekend and young Doc isn't attending. Its difficult from the clubs perspective. I don't blame them. We're all gutted and disgusted by the behaviour we've encountered. I hope this isn't common across junior rugby league.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41479
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 3:07 am

Doc Tiger wrote:
Thu 06 Sep, 2018 1:32 am
Haven't posted much in here over the last month or two as I've had very little of a positive nature to post. But I thought bugger it.
The young blokes season turned to crap. We had a massive issue with the coach - Took it up with the club and left it in their hands. Presentation is on this weekend and young Doc isn't attending. Its difficult from the clubs perspective. I don't blame them. We're all gutted and disgusted by the behaviour we've encountered. I hope this isn't common across junior rugby league.
What was the issue Doc without trying to pry ??

User avatar
Doc Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sun 30 Mar, 2014 9:53 pm

Post by Doc Tiger » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 9:14 am

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 06 Sep, 2018 3:07 am
Doc Tiger wrote:
Thu 06 Sep, 2018 1:32 am
Haven't posted much in here over the last month or two as I've had very little of a positive nature to post. But I thought bugger it.
The young blokes season turned to crap. We had a massive issue with the coach - Took it up with the club and left it in their hands. Presentation is on this weekend and young Doc isn't attending. Its difficult from the clubs perspective. I don't blame them. We're all gutted and disgusted by the behaviour we've encountered. I hope this isn't common across junior rugby league.
What was the issue Doc without trying to pry ??
I don't want to elaborate. I don't know what potential ramifications there may be in doing so. Needless to say, "these are kids, this isnt the nrl" signs should apply to all.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41479
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 3:57 pm

Doc Tiger wrote:
Thu 06 Sep, 2018 9:14 am
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 06 Sep, 2018 3:07 am
Doc Tiger wrote:
Thu 06 Sep, 2018 1:32 am
Haven't posted much in here over the last month or two as I've had very little of a positive nature to post. But I thought bugger it.
The young blokes season turned to crap. We had a massive issue with the coach - Took it up with the club and left it in their hands. Presentation is on this weekend and young Doc isn't attending. Its difficult from the clubs perspective. I don't blame them. We're all gutted and disgusted by the behaviour we've encountered. I hope this isn't common across junior rugby league.
What was the issue Doc without trying to pry ??
I don't want to elaborate. I don't know what potential ramifications there may be in doing so. Needless to say, "these are kids, this isnt the nrl" signs should apply to all.
Fair enough Doc

Too many people take competitiveness way too far

Saw it today , my daughters school tried to enter three netball sides in the local schools comp , but couldn't get enough players for the third team so just had a girls and a mixed team

For some reason they decided to stick our girls team in Division 2 when we should of been in Division 1 and probably would have won that as well , many of our team play club together and will go in Saturdays GF as favourite

As you can imagine we belted everyone by 20 + points and the comments from parents saying we shouldn't have been in that Division and we did it on purpose was a joke

The bloke in front of me , deserved a clip over the ear for his comment and my coughed version of FW was well and truly heard

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6427
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 11:03 pm

One good story that came out of this season, was something that involved Coomera and Helensvale Hornets.
At the start of the year both clubs had to many kids for Two divisions in the 13s, but both didn’t have enough for a full div 3 side .
It was good to see some co-operation between the clubs , and they entered a combination of the overflow kids in one joint side.
And even better yet , was that this combination team made the Div 3 preliminary final,
There was a lot of happy kids and parents when these kids made it so far ,after they were thrown together, just so they’d get a game.
Both clubs worked together and the Clubs and Coaches deserve all the credit that they’ve been receiving for putting the kids first.

User avatar
Doc Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sun 30 Mar, 2014 9:53 pm

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 7:42 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 06 Sep, 2018 11:03 pm
One good story that came out of this season, was something that involved Coomera and Helensvale Hornets.
At the start of the year both clubs had to many kids for Two divisions in the 13s, but both didn’t have enough for a full div 3 side .
It was good to see some co-operation between the clubs , and they entered a combination of the overflow kids in one joint side.
And even better yet , was that this combination team made the Div 3 preliminary final,
There was a lot of happy kids and parents when these kids made it so far ,after they were thrown together, just so they’d get a game.
Both clubs worked together and the Clubs and Coaches deserve all the credit that they’ve been receiving for putting the kids first.
Brilliant - great story.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6427
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 8:21 am

Doc Tiger wrote:
Fri 07 Sep, 2018 7:42 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 06 Sep, 2018 11:03 pm
One good story that came out of this season, was something that involved Coomera and Helensvale Hornets.
At the start of the year both clubs had to many kids for Two divisions in the 13s, but both didn’t have enough for a full div 3 side .
It was good to see some co-operation between the clubs , and they entered a combination of the overflow kids in one joint side.
And even better yet , was that this combination team made the Div 3 preliminary final,
There was a lot of happy kids and parents when these kids made it so far ,after they were thrown together, just so they’d get a game.
Both clubs worked together and the Clubs and Coaches deserve all the credit that they’ve been receiving for putting the kids first.
Brilliant - great story.
Yeah,
my Son and I were talking about this sort of thing a couple of years ago when the club was packing way too many kids into the various squads, and it was pretty obvious that they didn’t want to refund Rego money for the kids that couldn’t fit into existing teams

The result was that kids in those teams that were overcrowded , were getting minimal time on the field, because of the numbers.
Parents were complaining about Coaches who were doing their best to juggle numbers,
And overall it was a pain in the the neck.
We are one of the biggest clubs on the Coast, and even though Coomera formed another club near us, our teams , up to Around the 15s, were mostly full to the brim.

We’ve been pretty lucky that we have had mostly three teams in our age group, but its usually the div 3 teams who end up with most overflow

Hopefully the Coast Clubs will take notice of how well this worked this year and make more of an effort to work it out to suit the kids, rather than shoehorn too many kids into already full teams

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6427
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 05 Nov, 2018 11:54 pm

Has any one heard any thing about the juniors playing non tackle
Up to 9 years old, next year?

I heard the end of a conversation on radio on the Coast earlier tonight, but wasn’t sure that was what they were talking about, but it sounded like that’s what they were referring to..
Not sure whether it involved Qld and /or NSW

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4131
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 7:13 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 05 Nov, 2018 11:54 pm
Has any one heard any thing about the juniors playing non tackle
Up to 9 years old, next year?

I heard the end of a conversation on radio on the Coast earlier tonight, but wasn’t sure that was what they were talking about, but it sounded like that’s what they were referring to..
Not sure whether it involved Qld and /or NSW
Geez, would hope not, as my young bloke would not want to play if so.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6427
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 8:19 am

As I said , I only heard the end of a conversation.
Actually, I do remember a mention of non contact for young kids a short time ago. Unless they intend to make it like touch,
I think it would be a backlash it that’s what they intend.

User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 6025
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 9:00 am

Slightly Of Topic

I would like to share that My sons Junior club was awarded " Grass Roots Club o the Year for NSW

Proud to be part of the Milperra Colts.

If you can, get your boys into a junior club, even if hes small and Skinny. My ranga loves it.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41479
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 9:28 am

Spartan117 wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 9:00 am
Slightly Of Topic

I would like to share that My sons Junior club was awarded " Grass Roots Club o the Year for NSW

Proud to be part of the Milperra Colts.

If you can, get your boys into a junior club, even if hes small and Skinny. My ranga loves it.
Inch by inch , step by step Rangas are taking over the world :shock:

Post Reply