Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Chicken Faced Killa

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:43 am

Regardless what people think we should do or what eventuates one thing is the clear in that the NRL need to establish similar rules with coaches as they have with players. Having a coach linked with another club two seasons away is damaging for everyone in the NRL.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:44 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:16 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:55 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:41 pm
Job descriptions would be included in his contract, some thing along the lines of 'NRL coach Wests Tigers'
Punting him to reserve grade assistant isnt an option....LOL, or even illegal
So hold on, no worker can ever be demoted??? It’s an option for every employee to be demoted by his employer. The only thing he is entitled to is his wages. Oh dear tweedle dee, you always jump the gun to show your smartness and it always seems to backfire on you lol lol .
Robbie farah comes to mind.

Big Difference
An NRL contract states that you will play for the club.
In most , if not all , they do Not State that you can’t be dropped.

A first grade coach is employed to coach First Grade, very clearly.
There’s not any similarities between RF’s situation and Ivan’s
And Ink is right
It may be you TP,that jumped the gun :rant
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:45 am

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:43 am
Regardless what people think we should do or what eventuates one thing is the clear in that the NRL need to establish similar rules with coaches as they have with players. Having a coach linked with another club two seasons away is damaging for everyone in the NRL.
There will definitely be rules put in place. But they’ll be put in place AFTER the dust settles with this in this situation.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:47 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:44 am
Nucky Thompson wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Job descriptions would be included in his contract, some thing along the lines of 'NRL coach Wests Tigers'
So hold on, no worker can ever be demoted??? It’s an option for every employee to be demoted by his employer. The only thing he is entitled to is his wages. Oh dear tweedle dee, you always jump the gun to show your smartness and it always seems to backfire on you lol lol .

Big Difference

There’s not any similarities between RFS situation and Ivan’s
At last some common sense.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:49 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:40 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:35 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:32 am
Nucky Thompson wrote:

You can not compare players to coaches. Players get dropped, one of the hazards of their job. Name a coach whose ever been demoted to coach reserve grade?
Name a coach who signed to coach a rival team while still having 2 years left on his contract?

The point is any employee can be demoted.
So no coach has ever been demoted to reserve grade then? Wonder why that is

Hmmm 🤔
Okay tweedle dee. Coaches don’t get demoted because they get fired and are no longer wanted. We are so privileged to have a coach who doesn’t want us not the other way round. It was brought up as an idea to force penriths hand so they don’t get Ivan the terrible for free and we don’t have someone here whose long term future is somewhere else. If your too stupid to understand that then run along and keep count of peoples posts on things you don’t agree with or pull out your JT fan book and reminisce.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:53 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:44 am
Nucky Thompson wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

Big Difference

There’s not any similarities between RF’s situation and Ivan’s
And Ink is right
It may be you TP,that jumped the gun :rant
No buddy any employee can be demoted. It’s part of life. Ive worked in many different organisations over the last 20 years and it happens in every workplace. Rather then having to pay someone out, you demote someone to force their hand.

But why are you commenting on this. According to you nothing is going on it’s all smoke and made up by every media organisation to ever exist. Even the media organisations that don’t like Gould have somehow fallen under his spell and are running along with this fake story.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:59 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:49 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

You can not compare players to coaches. Players get dropped, one of the hazards of their job. Name a coach whose ever been demoted to coach reserve grade?
Name a coach who signed to coach a rival team while still having 2 years left on his contract?

Hmmm 🤔
Okay tweedle dee. Coaches don’t get demoted because they get fired and are no longer wanted. We are so privileged to have a coach who doesn’t want us not the other way round. It was brought up as an idea to force penriths hand so they don’t get Ivan the terrible for free and we don’t have someone here whose long term future is somewhere else. If your too stupid to understand that then run along and keep count of peoples posts on things you don’t agree with or pull out your JT fan book and reminisce.
Let’s just say you are right (which you are not). You would be happy to see the club paying for 2 head coaches over the next two years? A high price to pay out of a move clearly driven by bitterness.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:03 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:59 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:

Hmmm 🤔
Let’s just say you are right (which you are not). You would be happy to see the club paying for 2 head coaches over the next two years? A high price to pay out of a move clearly driven by bitterness.
No I wouldn’t. But we need to show we are no push overs. Cleary wants to coach his son at all costs. Let’s get some compensation out of the panthers and move Cleary on. But if they don’t want to come to the party let’s play their game.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:06 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:03 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Hmmm 🤔
No I wouldn’t. But we need to show we are no push overs. Cleary wants to coach his son at all costs. Let’s get some compensation out of the panthers and move Cleary on. But if they don’t want to come to the party let’s play their game.
How can you say that when you have been advocating it for the last 2-3 pages :lol:

Dropping him like you want to do, would cost the club a fortune, and you are naive to think Cleary would not look into his legal options. All of this done because you are bitter and want to punish him out of spite. This is why supporters aren’t in charge.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:15 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:06 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:

How can you say that when you have been advocating it for the last 2-3 pages :lol:

Dropping him like you want to do, would cost the club a fortune, and you are naive to think Cleary would not look into his legal options. All of this done because you are bitter and want to punish him out of spite. This is why supporters aren’t in charge.
I wouldn’t be happy to pay 2 coaches but I didn’t say I wouldn’t do it.

At least I’m pretty clear where I stand on this topic. One minute your wanting Cleary out, next minute your not bothered. Tell us what we should do oh wise one ?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:20 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:15 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

At least I’m pretty clear where I stand on this topic. One minute your wanting Cleary out, next minute your not bothered. Tell us what we should do oh wise one ?
I’ve never said I wanted him out :?

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:41 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:20 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:

Yes you have multiple times lol. Do you have a short memory. Let me quote you :

“If he does sign for 2021 let him go now”

“The circus with the Clearys started the day Ivan was appointed and it needs to end asap”

When Hobbo went on his rant to get rid of him because he was a s*** coach you were the first one to agree.

Now run along.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:47 am

Luke brooks quoted in fox sports saying it would be difficult to play under Ivan Cleary if I he had signed to be at the panthers in 2021.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:48 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:41 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:20 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Yes you have multiple times lol. Do you have a short memory. Let me quote you :

“If he does sign for 2021 let him go now”

“The circus with the Clearys started the day Ivan was appointed and it needs to end asap”

When Hobbo went on his rant to get rid of him because he was a s*** coach you were the first one to agree.

Now run along.
Not sure when you became able to throw stones about a change of opinion. You were his biggest defender, then was one of the first to turn on him.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 7:52 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Hmmm 🤔
There's no shame in admitting you were wrong. We all make mistakes.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

rex2ce

Post by rex2ce » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 8:13 am

The club could say to Ivan, you will continue to be known as head coach for the remainder of your contract, but we only want you to turn up on game day and do the presso, meantime get someone else in and call him assistant NRL coach, expensive, but not giving in to Gould

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 8:17 am

jadtiger wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 11:16 pm
bigsiro wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:48 pm
I was going to suggest a poll but there are barely any pro-Cleary voices left...

I almost think we want him gone more than we wanted Taylor gone.
There are more than you think that want Ivan to finish the job he started. However we are not as noisy and vitriolic as the witch hunters.
Spot on.

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 8:21 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 5:59 am
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 5:48 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:04 pm
Masterton wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:02 pm

I have a contract for office work. It's pretty clearly stated. If my boss ask me to start cleaning dunnies tomorrow, there will be problems. lol lol etc.
You must either be doing your office work really badly or talking to one of your competitors about doing their office work. So you deserve to be cleaning dunnies lol

Im a supervisor, my job descriptions broad but likewise Masterton...if they asked me to clean the offices or toilets it dont happen.
We dont do demotions, we do written warnings, 3x12months and youre gone
Ivan is hired as a coach . He isn’t been asked to clean toilets. He is being asked to coach the reserve grade team. The fact he has been consorting with the enemy means you can give him warnings pretty easily. My work does demotions like I’m sure 99% of workplaces do. My manager was recently demoted to become a fellow worker but kept on the same pay. After 3 months he left on his own accord. It’s a fairly common practice and pretty simple really.
Not if his contract says head coach of the Wests Tigers NRL squad - that doesn't mean reserve grade.