Who needs to stay/come or leave Wests

Wests Tigers Discussion
Harvey

Re: Who needs to stay/come or leave Wests

Post by Harvey » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 4:50 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 11:56 am
Knights are trying to offload Connor Watson, Guerra was very average this year. SKD hot and cold.
I wouldn't call any of them great signings.
They would kill to run 9th

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 4:58 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Knights are trying to offload Connor Watson, Guerra was very average this year. SKD hot and cold.
I would take Watson as a no 14 and back up 1 6 7 and 9, but with Marshall and Reynolds on our books I guess we don’t need him

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 6:20 pm

I think we are ok in the 2nd row now with the addition of Madderson.
Need a third prop or large lock though.
Packerlino and Twal need a good big impact player to give our pack some starch . Marty would be ideal. Also a gun outside back.
in Ivan we distrust

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 6:54 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Guerra was good this year. Not a great signing we sure could've used him this year.

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 11:35 am

At this point we are just looking for that 'perfect' player to give us the edge we need for next season
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 11:35 am

At this point we are just looking for that 'perfect' player to give us the edge we need for next season
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Fri 28 Sep, 2018 12:02 am

Russell wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:21 pm
TigerSJ wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 3:43 pm
Now that the NC debate is over, lets focus on some realistic needs......
3 spots left in the 30 I think, (that is without us somehow moving on one or two players that are dead wood) - have to be targeting a speedy outside back and 2 x hard running impact forwards.
Watching the videos on the 2018 season in review, especially for Huth and Mats, it is clear that our forwards are really too slow and cumbersome. No intensity or fierceness, such easy targets for opposing D. Twal's highlights at least showed a mobile ball runner - Aloiai shows some potential but just not enough of it. If we could just sign a couple of Marty Tapau type guys to bolster our go forward. Fingers crossed!!
Just a question - where are these Marty Taupau type guys that we could sign for 2019?
It is a good question - it's true, there aren't too many Marty Taupau type guys around. Of course, there is Marty himself (wishful thinking that he's one of the currently contracted players that we could be in talks with that POM has alluded to previously). However, what I meant was the type of angry, hard running, impact forward that can break the advantage line and get the team rolling, providing space and time for the playmakers. Fonua-Blake is another one - but if we are looking only at off-contract players, maybe Terepo or Vave or Hetherington?

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Fri 28 Sep, 2018 3:15 am

Are McQueen and Rochow definitely going?...

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Fri 28 Sep, 2018 3:53 am

Nelson wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 6:54 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Guerra was good this year. Not a great signing we sure could've used him this year.
He was better than Jackson and he won the DM Backrower.
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Fri 28 Sep, 2018 2:53 pm

tigerap wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 3:15 am
Are McQueen and Rochow definitely going?...
Seems to be heresay at the moment apart from a mention by POM that McQueen won't be at WTs next season. As for Rochow, I think it is just wishful thinking. These guys are on contracts.

will1999

Post by will1999 » Fri 28 Sep, 2018 4:16 pm

would have Mikaele at lock not sure if that's how you spell his name

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 28 Sep, 2018 4:27 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 3:53 am
Nelson wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:
Can’t agree there...Jackson in a team that had all sorts of issue was fantastic. He would walk into our back row and nearly every other club in the NRL

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Fri 28 Sep, 2018 5:52 pm

supercoach wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 4:27 pm
sheer64 wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 3:53 am
Nelson wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:
Can’t agree there...Jackson in a team that had all sorts of issue was fantastic. He would walk into our back row and nearly every other club in the NRL
Can only base it on what i saw. Jackson was solid, but Guerra was better, in my opinion.
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 28 Sep, 2018 6:15 pm

I thought Guerras move to the Knights wasnt very succesful at all...not much of a year for him

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Fri 28 Sep, 2018 6:50 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 6:15 pm
I thought Guerras move to the Knights wasnt very succesful at all...not much of a year for him
Averaged 40 tackles and 100m a game. Scored 5 tries. He was better for the Knights than he had been for the Roosters for the last 2 years.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:19 pm

TigerSJ wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 12:02 am
Russell wrote:
TigerSJ wrote:
3 spots left in the 30 I think, (that is without us somehow moving on one or two players that are dead wood) - have to be targeting a speedy outside back and 2 x hard running impact forwards.
Watching the videos on the 2018 season in review, especially for Huth and Mats, it is clear that our forwards are really too slow and cumbersome. No intensity or fierceness, such easy targets for opposing D. Twal's highlights at least showed a mobile ball runner - Aloiai shows some potential but just not enough of it. If we could just sign a couple of Marty Tapau type guys to bolster our go forward. Fingers crossed!!
Just a question - where are these Marty Taupau type guys that we could sign for 2019?
It is a good question - it's true, there aren't too many Marty Taupau type guys around. Of course, there is Marty himself (wishful thinking that he's one of the currently contracted players that we could be in talks with that POM has alluded to previously). However, what I meant was the type of angry, hard running, impact forward that can break the advantage line and get the team rolling, providing space and time for the playmakers. Fonua-Blake is another one - but if we are looking only at off-contract players, maybe Terepo or Vave or Hetherington?
Pangai Jr and Matt Lodge would fit the bill nicely. Both still unsigned for next season and both a strong possibility if the Bennett rumours end up being true.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:36 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:19 pm
TigerSJ wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 12:02 am
Russell wrote:
TigerSJ wrote:
Pangai Jr and Matt Lodge would fit the bill nicely. Both still unsigned for next season and both a strong possibility if the Bennett rumours end up being true.
Corey Oates also?

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:38 pm

Can't see Lodge ever coming back to the Tigers and thought he was committed to Broncos anyway, Bennett or not. As for TPJ, somehow can't see him coming to us either - the only chance would be if Bennett somehow became our coach, and I can't see that happening.

That leaves us with current Parra or Manly contracted players to poach, or the very few decent guys off contract this year that have been mentioned already.

Another way to go could be that there are obviously some young guys going around that scouts would have their eyes on. Not having watched that much of the other grades (apart from a bit of our ISP team), I am not up with who's out there, but there must be some, perhaps we need to look at a couple of younger guys.