Who needs to stay/come or leave Wests

Wests Tigers Discussion
Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2403
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Re: Who needs to stay/come or leave Wests

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 2:20 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:36 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:19 pm
TigerSJ wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 12:02 am
Russell wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:21 pm


Just a question - where are these Marty Taupau type guys that we could sign for 2019?
It is a good question - it's true, there aren't too many Marty Taupau type guys around. Of course, there is Marty himself (wishful thinking that he's one of the currently contracted players that we could be in talks with that POM has alluded to previously). However, what I meant was the type of angry, hard running, impact forward that can break the advantage line and get the team rolling, providing space and time for the playmakers. Fonua-Blake is another one - but if we are looking only at off-contract players, maybe Terepo or Vave or Hetherington?
Pangai Jr and Matt Lodge would fit the bill nicely. Both still unsigned for next season and both a strong possibility if the Bennett rumours end up being true.
Corey Oates also?
Yeah why not? Let's milk this Bennett rumour for all it's worth before we have to come back to reality :lol:


will1999
Member
Member
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed 16 Nov, 2016 2:52 am

Post by will1999 » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 2:34 pm

AJ Brimson is still off contract he was really good this year

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3406
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 3:09 pm

will1999 wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 2:34 pm
AJ Brimson is still off contract he was really good this year
He is signed to the Titans until the end of 2020. Zero Tackle is often not up to date...

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1489
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 3:41 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:19 pm
TigerSJ wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 12:02 am
Russell wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:21 pm
TigerSJ wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 3:43 pm
Now that the NC debate is over, lets focus on some realistic needs......
3 spots left in the 30 I think, (that is without us somehow moving on one or two players that are dead wood) - have to be targeting a speedy outside back and 2 x hard running impact forwards.
Watching the videos on the 2018 season in review, especially for Huth and Mats, it is clear that our forwards are really too slow and cumbersome. No intensity or fierceness, such easy targets for opposing D. Twal's highlights at least showed a mobile ball runner - Aloiai shows some potential but just not enough of it. If we could just sign a couple of Marty Tapau type guys to bolster our go forward. Fingers crossed!!
Just a question - where are these Marty Taupau type guys that we could sign for 2019?
It is a good question - it's true, there aren't too many Marty Taupau type guys around. Of course, there is Marty himself (wishful thinking that he's one of the currently contracted players that we could be in talks with that POM has alluded to previously). However, what I meant was the type of angry, hard running, impact forward that can break the advantage line and get the team rolling, providing space and time for the playmakers. Fonua-Blake is another one - but if we are looking only at off-contract players, maybe Terepo or Vave or Hetherington?
Pangai Jr and Matt Lodge would fit the bill nicely. Both still unsigned for next season and both a strong possibility if the Bennett rumours end up being true.
Corey Oates

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2855
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 6:47 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 5:52 pm
supercoach wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 4:27 pm
sheer64 wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 3:53 am
Nelson wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 6:54 pm


Guerra was good this year. Not a great signing we sure could've used him this year.
He was better than Jackson and he won the DM Backrower.
Can’t agree there...Jackson in a team that had all sorts of issue was fantastic. He would walk into our back row and nearly every other club in the NRL
Can only base it on what i saw. Jackson was solid, but Guerra was better, in my opinion.
Should have gone to Specsavers.


User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5638
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 2:13 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 6:47 pm
sheer64 wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 5:52 pm
supercoach wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 4:27 pm
sheer64 wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 3:53 am


He was better than Jackson and he won the DM Backrower.
Can’t agree there...Jackson in a team that had all sorts of issue was fantastic. He would walk into our back row and nearly every other club in the NRL
Can only base it on what i saw. Jackson was solid, but Guerra was better, in my opinion.
Should have gone to Specsavers.
Hey there is nothing wrong with my one eye, even if I wear my eye patch on it.
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

Onthebus
Member
Member
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:33 pm

Post by Onthebus » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 12:59 pm

We need 3 backs and about 5 forwards

Oh and a new coach again

User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 3495
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am

Post by TIGER » Sun 07 Oct, 2018 6:28 pm

Ivan needs to leave and take Packerlino, ET and McQueen with him.

Benji and Farah need to retire.

Fonua needs to go somewhere/anywhere else.

Reynolds needs a full body replacement and about a years soak in some new age gurus miracle healing hot spring.

Eiso needs serious anti plodding training.

Garlic sauce needs maybe to find another career because maybe Rugby League isn't his thing.

Ditto for Liddle. (Waiting for the Liddle fans to roast me)
I like the kid but from day one I've had ??? over whether he's got what it takes, it's just not happening for him, but I really hope it does.

And Nofo, well what do you say about Nofo?
I love him, when he's good he's my favorite player but............. Is he ever going to fix his defensive errors?

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6427
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Sun 07 Oct, 2018 6:34 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 11:56 am
Knights are trying to offload Connor Watson, Guerra was very average this year. SKD hot and cold.
I wouldn't call any of them great signings.
I agree with 2 out of the 3, but Guerra was almost always in the top 2 knights forwards.
Go hard or go home

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3406
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Sun 07 Oct, 2018 6:50 pm

TIGER wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 6:28 pm
Ivan needs to leave and take Packerlino, ET and McQueen with him.

Benji and Farah need to retire.

Fonua needs to go somewhere/anywhere else.

Reynolds needs a full body replacement and about a years soak in some new age gurus miracle healing hot spring.

Eiso needs serious anti plodding training.

Garlic sauce needs maybe to find another career because maybe Rugby League isn't his thing.

Ditto for Liddle. (Waiting for the Liddle fans to roast me)
I like the kid but from day one I've had ??? over whether he's got what it takes, it's just not happening for him, but I really hope it does.

And Nofo, well what do you say about Nofo?
I love him, when he's good he's my favorite player but............. Is he ever going to fix his defensive errors?
That's really well thought out. There are no props on the market but we should just get rid of three of our prop options...

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5157
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sun 07 Oct, 2018 7:29 pm

TIGER wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 6:28 pm
Ivan needs to leave and take Packerlino, ET and McQueen with him.

Benji and Farah need to retire.

Fonua needs to go somewhere/anywhere else.

Reynolds needs a full body replacement and about a years soak in some new age gurus miracle healing hot spring.

Eiso needs serious anti plodding training.

Garlic sauce needs maybe to find another career because maybe Rugby League isn't his thing.

Ditto for Liddle. (Waiting for the Liddle fans to roast me)
I like the kid but from day one I've had ??? over whether he's got what it takes, it's just not happening for him, but I really hope it does.

And Nofo, well what do you say about Nofo?
I love him, when he's good he's my favorite player but............. Is he ever going to fix his defensive errors?
Going to be a great 2019!!!

We can play the other 15 NRL teams whilst we have no coach, 8 players and 2 on the bench.

Good to see you have it together Tiger.

User avatar
Cosimo_Zaretti
Member
Member
Posts: 1331
Joined: Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:07 pm
Location: Camperdown

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Sun 07 Oct, 2018 7:32 pm

TIGER wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 6:28 pm
Ivan needs to leave and take Packerlino, ET and McQueen with him.

Benji and Farah need to retire.

Fonua needs to go somewhere/anywhere else.

Reynolds needs a full body replacement and about a years soak in some new age gurus miracle healing hot spring.

Eiso needs serious anti plodding training.

Garlic sauce needs maybe to find another career because maybe Rugby League isn't his thing.

Ditto for Liddle. (Waiting for the Liddle fans to roast me)
I like the kid but from day one I've had ??? over whether he's got what it takes, it's just not happening for him, but I really hope it does.

And Nofo, well what do you say about Nofo?
I love him, when he's good he's my favorite player but............. Is he ever going to fix his defensive errors?

User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 3495
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am

Post by TIGER » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 4:56 pm

I vote homer for Coach.

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1489
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 5:09 pm

:bawling
Russell wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 7:29 pm
TIGER wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 6:28 pm
Ivan needs to leave and take Packerlino, ET and McQueen with him.

Benji and Farah need to retire.

Fonua needs to go somewhere/anywhere else.

Reynolds needs a full body replacement and about a years soak in some new age gurus miracle healing hot spring.

Eiso needs serious anti plodding training.

Garlic sauce needs maybe to find another career because maybe Rugby League isn't his thing.

Ditto for Liddle. (Waiting for the Liddle fans to roast me)
I like the kid but from day one I've had ??? over whether he's got what it takes, it's just not happening for him, but I really hope it does.

And Nofo, well what do you say about Nofo?
I love him, when he's good he's my favorite player but............. Is he ever going to fix his defensive errors?
Going to be a great 2019!!!

We can play the other 15 NRL teams whilst we have no coach, 8 players and 2 on the bench.

Good to see you have it together Tiger.
:bawling :bawling :bawling

User avatar
TheDaBoss
Member
Member
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:43 am
Location: C'Town

Post by TheDaBoss » Mon 15 Oct, 2018 9:14 am

TIGER wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 4:56 pm
I vote homer for Coach.
Homer?mhmm will add some diversity to the team :bash
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 1023
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Mon 15 Oct, 2018 10:40 am

TIGER wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 6:28 pm
Ivan needs to leave and take Packerlino, ET and McQueen with him.

Benji and Farah need to retire.

Fonua needs to go somewhere/anywhere else.

Reynolds needs a full body replacement and about a years soak in some new age gurus miracle healing hot spring.

Eiso needs serious anti plodding training.

Garlic sauce needs maybe to find another career because maybe Rugby League isn't his thing.

Ditto for Liddle. (Waiting for the Liddle fans to roast me)
I like the kid but from day one I've had ??? over whether he's got what it takes, it's just not happening for him, but I really hope it does.

And Nofo, well what do you say about Nofo?
I love him, when he's good he's my favorite player but............. Is he ever going to fix his defensive errors?
I think about this.
And then I laugh when I recall back when you stated Brooks isn’t a first grade half and doesn’t have what it takes...

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6392
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 15 Oct, 2018 1:01 pm

Nelson wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 6:50 pm
TIGER wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 6:28 pm
Ivan needs to leave and take Packerlino, ET and McQueen with him.

Benji and Farah need to retire.

Fonua needs to go somewhere/anywhere else.

Reynolds needs a full body replacement and about a years soak in some new age gurus miracle healing hot spring.

Eiso needs serious anti plodding training.

Garlic sauce needs maybe to find another career because maybe Rugby League isn't his thing.

Ditto for Liddle. (Waiting for the Liddle fans to roast me)
I like the kid but from day one I've had ??? over whether he's got what it takes, it's just not happening for him, but I really hope it does.

And Nofo, well what do you say about Nofo?
I love him, when he's good he's my favorite player but............. Is he ever going to fix his defensive errors?
That's really well thought out. There are no props on the market but we should just get rid of three of our prop options...
Surely there’s some plodders out there who are better than our plodders,
There must be :lol:

User avatar
TheDaBoss
Member
Member
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:43 am
Location: C'Town

Post by TheDaBoss » Mon 15 Oct, 2018 2:49 pm

Young and Rising Players- can't be too sure about this until i see them play 1st grade
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

Post Reply