Jason Taylor Manly?

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Lauren

Re: Jason Taylor Manly?

Post by Lauren » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 3:22 pm

I never like laughing at the expense of others but the Jason Taylor possibly to Manly news has given me the case of the giggles at work. That’s some messed up karma to land him as a coach. The fans would be having kittens.

Loved his statement on Taupau to Manly and thought I’d remind everyone just how punchable the guy had gotten toward the end.
“It’s a pretty simple story for us. We made Marty an offer earlier in the year, which after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing he decided to knock back. He obviously went and investigated his options throughout the back end of the year ... there was a lot of talk that he was a bit restless and that was due to the fact that he was talking to other clubs. It became clear to us that he’s obviously been offered some really good money for 2017 and that he was going to take up that option. For us as a club when it was clear that he wasn’t going to be here for 2017 it was a fairly simple equation, in that if we let Marty go now as opposed to keeping him for one more year, we can take some money forward in our salary cap and we can put ourselves in a much better position to keep our best young players ... It’s not about bringing anyone else in. Joel Edwards is an experienced forward and he’ll cover that position that Marty has filled for us ... We’ve got a young guy, (20-year-old) Tyler Cassel, who played NYC this year and he’s transitioned into the full-time squad."

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 3:30 pm

Lauren wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 3:22 pm
I never like laughing at the expense of others but the Jason Taylor possibly to Manly news has given me the case of the giggles at work. That’s some messed up karma to land him as a coach. The fans would be having kittens.

Loved his statement on Taupau to Manly and thought I’d remind everyone just how punchable the guy had gotten toward the end.
“It’s a pretty simple story for us. We made Marty an offer earlier in the year, which after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing he decided to knock back. He obviously went and investigated his options throughout the back end of the year ... there was a lot of talk that he was a bit restless and that was due to the fact that he was talking to other clubs. It became clear to us that he’s obviously been offered some really good money for 2017 and that he was going to take up that option. For us as a club when it was clear that he wasn’t going to be here for 2017 it was a fairly simple equation, in that if we let Marty go now as opposed to keeping him for one more year, we can take some money forward in our salary cap and we can put ourselves in a much better position to keep our best young players ... It’s not about bringing anyone else in. Joel Edwards is an experienced forward and he’ll cover that position that Marty has filled for us ... We’ve got a young guy, (20-year-old) Tyler Cassel, who played NYC this year and he’s transitioned into the full-time squad."
Whatever happened to Tyler Cassel?

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 3:34 pm

Could swear he went to Manly too. Not exactly certain but think he was part of the swaps with Ballin McK & co.with Sironen.

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 3:38 pm

Lauren wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 3:34 pm
Could swear he went to Manly too. Not exactly certain but think he was part of the swaps with Ballin McK & co.with Sironen.
He did go to Manly. Played ISP, Ron Massey and Sydney Shield for Blacktown but only played one game in 2018. Not sure if he was injured or just faded away.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 3:50 pm

Our ex-legend, born again WT to ask for immediate release so he can play for Jason Taylor? :)

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 4:01 pm

coivtny wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 3:38 pm
Lauren wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 3:34 pm
He did go to Manly. Played ISP, Ron Massey and Sydney Shield for Blacktown but only played one game in 2018. Not sure if he was injured or just faded away.
Wow that’s sad. Was he a part of the Grand Final team with Nofo and Sue? Or did he play with Brooks, Nathan Brown and Cherrington? I honestly don’t remember cos we had so many great Under 20s squads. I liked Kurtis Rowe and Te Maire Martin also. I didn’t even realise Marsters was the second rower Te Maire Martin was forever putting through gaps. They were exciting to watch.
Didn’t like that Paseka went and only found out through this forum that Papenhuyzen was at Melbourne. We really had some very super talented juniors back then and it’s hard knowing we have to sign other juniors at present

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 5:08 pm

Having coached here he would be used to mediocre facilities, salary cap constraints and running 9th would be an improvement for Manly.

A perfect fit

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 5:15 pm

But but he won’t ever get another first grade gig. So said the experts.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 5:20 pm

We should go hard after Jake Trbojevic.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 5:23 pm

"Prior to that, he had mixed stints as head coach of Parramatta, Souths and Wests Tigers."

Yep, Mixed.... That is so kind.

I just can't wait till Manly start converting less then 50% of penalty goals. No idea who their kicker is but we know JT can't train them.

I also wonder if he will be as good as Ricky Stuart was at keeping a failing team together. Is he able to keep people happy when a team that is used to Grand final's appearances are coming 15-16th. ...

Manly have fun. JT is good for one thing so I hope you have him aimed at the Penn family.

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 5:38 pm

He’s got some big cojones (if this eventuates). He took us on at our worst period and now allegedly interested in a vulnerable Manly. He may have became a punching bag but I admire him more than I do Ivan Cleary right now, if not just for his transparency alone.
Didn’t like him as a coach for the simple fact he didn’t play JAC and Farah as well as let Taupau go but signed C Sironen for same amount anyway.
Last edited by Lauren on Wed 10 Oct, 2018 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 5:45 pm

lucky ducks.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 6:32 pm

There is a god. A match made it heaven.
I so hope this happens.
in Ivan we distrust

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 6:49 pm

He should bring kidwell with him as defensive coach
No more plodders!
:sign:

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:46 pm

😂
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 8:00 pm

A pox on the Manly Club let them die..Then KICK EM OUT...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 8:11 pm

Bring back Taylorball at Manly, can't wait.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 6:51 pm

Taylor has no interest in the Manly job. Via 7 News
No more plodders!
:sign: