2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Wests Tigers Discussion
Needaname

Re: 2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Post by Needaname » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:35 pm

FWIW.
On league unlimited Souths forum are stating Shane Richardson is prepared to let Siebs go early if he accepts the Brisbane job.
Also a few internal rumours there about Souths might be another target for Wayne.
Personally think Souths is a much better fit for Wayne than us.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:35 pm

TYGA wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:21 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:55 pm
TYGA wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:51 pm
I think Pascoe is a tricky operator using the media to throw everyone off the scent. He is meeting with the POM awaiting Broncos to announce Seibold for 2019 and swoop on Uncle Wayne in England. He’s also offering the best looking secretaries in the NRL.

How’s that for a rumour.
Hope its better than your ''big news next week/last week'' one
Not likely I was attempting humour this time. Last week I was told from a reliable person Maguire was signed and going to be announced. He’s still adamant by I lost faith as it wasn’t announced. He may well be right but it’s hardly a scoop now I could guess the same and be right.
hahah...a pisstake? LOL ;)
All good

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:38 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:33 pm
I dont think so.
Five coaches in five years means we all have come to terms before and we will again
It’d be interesting to see how long Benny would last here , if he did come. He may spend a couple of weeks looking for the rivers of gold that he’s used to having at his clubs

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:40 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:35 pm
TYGA wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:21 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:55 pm
TYGA wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:51 pm
I think Pascoe is a tricky operator using the media to throw everyone off the scent. He is meeting with the POM awaiting Broncos to announce Seibold for 2019 and swoop on Uncle Wayne in England. He’s also offering the best looking secretaries in the NRL.

How’s that for a rumour.
Hope its better than your ''big news next week/last week'' one
Not likely I was attempting humour this time. Last week I was told from a reliable person Maguire was signed and going to be announced. He’s still adamant by I lost faith as it wasn’t announced. He may well be right but it’s hardly a scoop now I could guess the same and be right.
hahah...a pisstake? LOL ;)
All good
I thought the secretaries was a give away.

That said everyone around the club believes Pascoe is on a mission to sign Wayne. Its key for him as Cleary was sold to the board as a mate of Pascoes. There is a big personal need to atone for Clearys double cross. You don’t do that to mates. If Pascoe ends up without a signature of either Wayne or Madge and Cleary returns his position may be questioned.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:44 pm

Needaname wrote:
FWIW.
On league unlimited Souths forum are stating Shane Richardson is prepared to let Siebs go early if he accepts the Brisbane job.
Also a few internal rumours there about Souths might be another target for Wayne.
Shane Richardson won’t sign Wayne unless Rusty overrules him. Not a chance in the world that happens. Biggest ego you will ever come across he will go for a rookie coach.
If he lets him go David Furner or Adam O’Brien will get the job.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:45 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 8:05 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 6:00 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 10:24 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 9:49 pm

Exactly, it might be a romantic idea to have Cleary scrub toilets for the next 2 years, but it means we’d have two coaches on the books.
But I thought the law experts on here said that wasn’t possible lol.
Barrett has submitted a resignation letter.
Cleary hasnt.

There-in lies the difference...most can see it.
So your saying if you submit a resignation letter and your employer rejects it, and your job description is coach, your employer can now have you cleaning toilets? Enlighten me oh wise one.
I have no idea what an NRL coach's contract looks like, but every duty statement I've ever had has always included the duty of 'and whatever else the employer deems necessary' in it. It's not like they'd make him literally scrub toilets (too good for him), but you don't want him on the front line infecting the players either.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:02 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:38 pm
innsaneink wrote:
I dont think so.
Five coaches in five years means we all have come to terms before and we will again
It’d be interesting to see how long Benny would last here , if he did come. He may spend a couple of weeks looking for the rivers of gold that he’s used to having at his clubs
We'd probably be the death of him..
No more plodders!
:sign:

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:05 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:45 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Mon 22 Oct, 2018 10:24 pm

But I thought the law experts on here said that wasn’t possible lol.
Cleary hasnt.

So your saying if you submit a resignation letter and your employer rejects it, and your job description is coach, your employer can now have you cleaning toilets? Enlighten me oh wise one.
I have no idea what an NRL coach's contract looks like, but every duty statement I've ever had has always included the duty of 'and whatever else the employer deems necessary' in it. It's not like they'd make him literally scrub toilets (too good for him), but you don't want him on the front line infecting the players either.
If you resign you have to legally see out your notice period. Usually this is Gardening Leave stay at home and get paid. These periods are usually 4 weeks. In Clearys case he’s had good advice Tigers can only get out of the contract with mutual agreement. The Tigers don’t have to release Cleary and can employ any coach. Titles mean nothing assistant coaches have taken over effective coaching for years Ivan retains the title in name only.

Financially it makes no sense so a release will be negotiated. Penrith want him and if the Tigers sign a coach they would want to cut ties. It’s that simple sign a coach and release him when a fee is paid.

Tigers may choose to derail Penrith and cop the financial pain to send a message.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:07 pm

WT2K wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:02 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:38 pm
innsaneink wrote:
I dont think so.
We'd probably be the death of him..
the death of his coaching career at the least.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:10 pm

They can’t just roll over to release him. Think how weak that will look to the rest of the competition. We already look weak enough under regular circumstances. If Penrith want him, pay up.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:24 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:10 pm
They can’t just roll over to release him. Think how weak that will look to the rest of the competition. We already look weak enough under regular circumstances. If Penrith want him, pay up.
I don’t think Penrith want him at all. They got rid of him not that long ago. It was all for leverage and show to keep Nathan at Penrith. Now that is done and dusted, IC is no longer required. If they do take him it will be begrudgingly to keep NC happy. Other than that IMO IC is of no value to Penrith.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:33 pm

TYGA wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:05 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 9:45 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

Cleary hasnt.

If you resign you have to legally see out your notice period. Usually this is Gardening Leave stay at home and get paid. These periods are usually 4 weeks. In Clearys case he’s had good advice Tigers can only get out of the contract with mutual agreement. The Tigers don’t have to release Cleary and can employ any coach. Titles mean nothing assistant coaches have taken over effective coaching for years Ivan retains the title in name only.

Financially it makes no sense so a release will be negotiated. Penrith want him and if the Tigers sign a coach they would want to cut ties. It’s that simple sign a coach and release him when a fee is paid.

Tigers may choose to derail Penrith and cop the financial pain to send a message.

Where do we sing up, happy to donate.
Its an opinion!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:37 pm

mike wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:24 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
I don’t think Penrith want him at all. They got rid of him not that long ago. It was all for leverage and show to keep Nathan at Penrith. Now that is done and dusted, IC is no longer required. If they do take him it will be begrudgingly to keep NC happy. Other than that IMO IC is of no value to Penrith.
Yeah, I have wondered what possible value he is to them now they have Nathan wrapped up. The only thing thing that makes sense is there might have been some kind of handshake agreement with Nathan and the club to get Ivan there.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:41 pm

Who knows, maybe Nathan has a get out clause, that if Ivan isn’t coaching there by a certain period, he is free to go.

Regardless, it’s dumb and has always been dumb, even when we looked like getting him here. You would think the prospect of them being at the same club is unprecedented.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 11:34 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:41 pm
Who knows, maybe Nathan has a get out clause, that if Ivan isn’t coaching there by a certain period, he is free to go.

Regardless, it’s dumb and has always been dumb, even when we looked like getting him here. You would think the prospect of them being at the same club is unprecedented.
The Lang’s?

Anyway as you say, DUMB

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 12:47 am

Glennb wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 1:29 pm
fibrodreaming wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 1:06 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 12:35 pm
helmesy wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 12:14 pm
We missed out on a Bennett assistant once before...perhaps to our detriment.
Perhaps you are right but i for one would not be proud of my club bringing in tackles like the chicken wing,grapple and other tackles which are condemned throughout football.Bellamy can coach but he has utilised a style of play which is largely disgraceful
I could learn to live with it.
I'ts funny to think about this in the context of older fans of the Tigers who I assume supported Balmain (like me) or the Magpies. The last somewhat "glory" days of both clubs were in different parts of the '80's and BOTH clubs were pretty much famous for hard, brutal, borderline dirty players and culture. I used to love watching the Tigers of the late 80's bash an opposition into submission. I could take it again.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 12:51 am

Needaname wrote:
FWIW.
Clint is backing himself to have a dash at Julie Burgess ;)

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 4:03 am

mike wrote:
Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:24 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
seeing that he has a three year contract there from 2021 ,
And considering that it was signed After Nathan was contracted again, they must want him there.
Or it’s a lot of money to spend when they didn’t have to do it to get Nathan

Penrithmust have known that Nathan would stay anyway, he’d would be a fool to come here
With a team like they have, and with more coming through. Whenyou think about it
Why leave a first class team with a top quality pack for a forward pack that doesn’t give anyone a reason to get excited. ,, and a barely adequate backline,

Unless we’ve found a money tree somewhere, we can’t afford to keep him as well as another Coach just to prove a point, talking tough sounds good but reality soon takes over and they will have to release him ( if he wants to go,) at some time,
Penrith can afford to wait, they might even give us someone that they don’t need , as a face saver . , but I can’t believe that this has taken so long and it still hasn’t finished yet,
It doesn’t sound like ANY Coach is exactly breaking his neck to come here
We don’t need to be paying
We don’t have the