No more plodders!
:sign:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 1:00 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:41 pm
I hope he plays every game this season as well

In the ESL
So Angry..what happened toad delivery fall through...just go out the back and relax...

Reynolds will be good ...enthusiasm alone
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 1:04 pm

colmcd wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 10:09 pm
I don't know about Shaun Johnson coming here....

But I reckon Reynolds may be out the door, kinda bad/kinda ok.
So Des Haslier wants Foran back at Manly right.
The Bulldogs don't want Foran. They have huge cap problems and he is far too injured/hasn't performed/etc.

My bet is we will have another round about:
Reynolds to the Dogs
Foran to the Eagles and
Dylan Walker, because who else do they have. to the Tigers.

Because Dylan was coached under..... Madge!
Now will Reynolds stay uninjured.... I think so for awhile... But I am seeing this roundabout happening right now.
I hate roundabouts!
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

Tarl

Post by Tarl » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 1:41 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 8:31 am
The problem is that Johnson doesn’t seem to be able to play for a full season.
Injuries seem to follow him, and apart from that, he mentally goes on holidays for up to half a season.
Dynamite when he wants to be,
But absolutely useless when he,s not.
We definetly need a five eight as Reynolds is past his best,
But I don’t know where that’s coming from,
That's fine. 5/8 role shared between SJ and Benji. They play 12 games each, fresh and at their best. Solved!

TigerRabbit

Post by TigerRabbit » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 1:45 pm

I've always said I see Reynolds as a great hooker - This was before I became a Wests Tigers member or had anything to do with the club.

I really question Liddle's defensive starch - I place him in the same sort of ground as Kaysa Pritchard & Daniel Levi at this stage of the game.

There is much more to a game of footy then to tackle and run at the right moments at Hooker - You're in the centre of everything so you need to lead from the front defensively also - I just question Jacob's ability to confront the opposition with natural aggression and confidence.

I think Robbie Farah past next year is a huge loss in that regard and if you pick a hooker just based on aggression and defence It's Reynolds every day of the week.

Liddle has some of the traits Cook has which is exciting - He is fast out of Dummy half but his ability to defend for 80 minutes with technique and aggression would be a massive question mark for mine.

It's possibly the reason why it took Cook so long to become something.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 1:47 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 9:31 am
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 9:11 am
I hope Gamble can improve under Madge.... He has the body to be dynamic but so far he's just been disappointing.

Hopefully Madge can help Hodgo take the entire squad up a level
This is probably a dumb idea but when I look at Gamble I see a young Luke Lewis, he is a big body(still young) with good ball skills and vision.
If Gamble can learn to use his shoulder in defence then he should improve noticeably.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 2:26 pm

TigerRabbit wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 1:45 pm
I've always said I see Reynolds as a great hooker - This was before I became a Wests Tigers member or had anything to do with the club.

I really question Liddle's defensive starch - I place him in the same sort of ground as Kaysa Pritchard & Daniel Levi at this stage of the game.

There is much more to a game of footy then to tackle and run at the right moments at Hooker - You're in the centre of everything so you need to lead from the front defensively also - I just question Jacob's ability to confront the opposition with natural aggression and confidence.

I think Robbie Farah past next year is a huge loss in that regard and if you pick a hooker just based on aggression and defence It's Reynolds every day of the week.

Liddle has some of the traits Cook has which is exciting - He is fast out of Dummy half but his ability to defend for 80 minutes with technique and aggression would be a massive question mark for mine.

Obviously you did not see enough games with Liddle playing over the past two years or you didn't take any notice of him.

It maybe ISP but he holds the record for most tackles in a game for ISP at 77. He has a very good tackling technique and as you say is quite quick from dummy half. the only thing he lacks in my opinion is a good kicking game (which supposedly he will learn from Farah). Sixe wise he is the same wight as Farah but slightly taller - a bit more Muscle over the break and Bob's your uncle.

He sustained a few injuries which he has had fixed - a good pre-season behind him starting in a few weeks and I can see him going ahead in leaps and bounds. One of the best DH prospects around in my humble opinion.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 2:29 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 1:00 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:41 pm
I hope he plays every game this season as well

In the ESL
So Angry..what happened toad delivery fall through...just go out the back and relax...

Reynolds will be good ...enthusiasm alone
Hope your right Geo , with the money he is on he is basically a marquee player

Not a player who talks to fans in the marquee for 22 rounds and tries to rev the side up on the sidelines and Fox TV

TigerRabbit

Post by TigerRabbit » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 2:41 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 2:26 pm
TigerRabbit wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 1:45 pm

Obviously you did not see enough games with Liddle playing over the past two years or you didn't take any notice of him.

It maybe ISP but he holds the record for most tackles in a game for ISP at 77. He has a very good tackling technique and as you say is quite quick from dummy half. the only thing he lacks in my opinion is a good kicking game (which supposedly he will learn from Farah). Sixe wise he is the same wight as Farah but slightly taller - a bit more Muscle over the break and Bob's your uncle.

He sustained a few injuries which he has had fixed - a good pre-season behind him starting in a few weeks and I can see him going ahead in leaps and bounds. One of the best DH prospects around in my humble opinion.
I don't watch a lot of ISP action so you may be right but my assessment is the little minutes you see from him when he does play - It's all subjective of course.

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 2:52 pm

Reynolds to Canterbury - return of the prodigal son and all that crap. Get rid of him. Horrendous player.
Let's make the Tigers great again!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 3:06 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 2:52 pm
Reynolds to Canterbury - return of the prodigal son and all that crap. Get rid of him. Horrendous player.
:lol: Cheer up Donald..take what happy's taking..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 3:12 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 9:49 pm
I think that it will work out nicely IF Reynolds stays and stays healthy.
But big question remainson both these points.
Got a feeling that Maguire is not sold on the idea and just read Reynolds was with his Buldogs mates at their end of season trip so not so sure that his head is fully with us. May be some horse trading on that front. Nothing official just my way of joining the dots thus far on the subject.
Foran to Manly
Reynolds to Bulldogs
Johnson to Tigers

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 3:15 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 3:12 pm
momo&medo wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 9:49 pm
I think that it will work out nicely IF Reynolds stays and stays healthy.
But big question remainson both these points.
Got a feeling that Maguire is not sold on the idea and just read Reynolds was with his Buldogs mates at their end of season trip so not so sure that his head is fully with us. May be some horse trading on that front. Nothing official just my way of joining the dots thus far on the subject.
Foran to Manly
Reynolds to Bulldogs
Johnson to Tigers
Let's hope not - wouldn't touch SJ with a barge pole.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 3:50 pm

Don't really want to see SJ here. I'd rather a fit and firing Reynolds.
"Quality Stupidity"

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 6:07 pm

Tarl wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 1:41 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 8:31 am
The problem is that Johnson doesn’t seem to be able to play for a full season.
Injuries seem to follow him, and apart from that, he mentally goes on holidays for up to half a season.
Dynamite when he wants to be,
But absolutely useless when he,s not.
We definetly need a five eight as Reynolds is past his best,
But I don’t know where that’s coming from,
That's fine. 5/8 role shared between SJ and Benji. They play 12 games each, fresh and at their best. Solved!
er

I meant really past his best

Benjii is ok as a back up and might even get the spot, but you can’t hang the season hopes on Benjii being good right throughout the full year, we need a reliable Five eight , and what we’ve got is more hope than any thing else, hopefully someone might turn up through the off season

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 6:43 pm

Looking forward to seeing if Gamble can develop with another off season and a new coach.

I am worried about Demps however. This seems to be the longest time any conversation that has mentioned Gamble has gone on before he came in over the top. I hope he is ok.
Its an opinion!

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Balmainbred » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 5:22 am

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 9:11 am
I hope Gamble can improve under Madge.... He has the body to be dynamic but so far he's just been disappointing.

Hopefully Madge can help Hodgo take the entire squad up a level
Yep agree with you there. When his on his game, a big fast back to stop. Work on his defence & hopefully he’ll deliver.