Madges team

Wests Tigers Discussion
innsaneink

Re: Madges team

Post by innsaneink » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 8:40 am

Haha you didn't really... You said he'd need to do something to earn your respect...
You can be critical of someone you respect

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 9:57 am

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 8:33 am
Geo. wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 8:24 am
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 7:04 am
Geo. wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 10:25 pm

If he does think they are will he have it...? respect that is..
I think its important to realise this a Premiership winning coach! Not some chump like Jason Taylor.

I mentioned 5 players, Reality is he may only be able to move on one or two in the time frame.
Doubt he'd tap Marshall and Farah with just a year to go just not renew them again if they wanted to go round like the previous coach the others possibly...

More importantly how much these guys are used during the season will say more...if Farah and Marshall feature prominently rather than backing up the other options...

But way to avoid answering the question

I answered it.

He is a premiership winning coach not some chump like Jason Taylor.

It would take a lot more than him not getting rid of some dead wood for me to start criticising him.

We havent even played a game yet!
We are talking about Maguire.your op said will win my respect implies he doesn't have it yet is why I asked...it surprised me is all..all good..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 10:08 am

MM
Thommo
Marsters
Mom
Fonua
Reynolds
Brooks
Mats
Faz
Twal
Rowdy
Garner
Matterson

Packer
Aloiai
Huth
Marshall

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 11:55 am

If he tried getting benji back in the kiwi fold, I can't see madge tapping benji on the shoulder...
No more plodders!
:sign:

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:03 pm

My team for Rd 1

Mbye
Nofo
Marsters
Momo
Fonua
Reynolds
Brooks
Packer
Liddle
Matulino
Matterson
Rowdy
Taylor

Aloiai
Huth
Twal
Garner (will probably be Farah because Liddle isnt ready for 80)

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:04 pm

My Dream (with some possibility of coming true) Team would be

Mbye
Nofo
Marsters
Momo
Fonua
Johnson
Brooks
JWH
Liddle
Packer
Matterson
Lawrence
Taylor

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:08 pm

Wooo Team List Tuesday's have become interesting again...4 forward benches...OMG OMG OMG..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:27 pm

Glennb wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:03 pm
My team for Rd 1

Mbye
Nofo
Marsters
Momo
Fonua
Reynolds
Brooks
Packer
Liddle
Matulino
Matterson
Rowdy
Taylor

Aloiai
Huth
Twal
I would has at a guess Liddle will be ready for 80 min after the off season with Coach Maguire.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:30 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:08 pm
Wooo Team List Tuesday's have become interesting again...4 forward benches...OMG OMG OMG..
Madge has been in discussions with a coach in England who has some revolutionary ideas about using wingers off the bench for three minutes and undersized forward packs

Expect to see more ;)

TSupps05

Post by TSupps05 » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:35 pm

Glennb wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:04 pm
My Dream (with some possibility of coming true) Team would be

Mbye
Nofo
Marsters
Momo
Fonua
Johnson
Brooks
JWH
Liddle
Packer
Matterson
Lawrence
Taylor
Mine is that except i'd have Walker in for Momo, and have Thompson on for Fonua and sign Taupau for ET, with some players getting let go for it to happen
I don't know why but Braith Anasta pisses me off :mrgreen:

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:51 pm

Snake wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:27 pm
Glennb wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:03 pm
My team for Rd 1

Mbye
Nofo
Marsters
Momo
Fonua
Reynolds
Brooks
Packer
Liddle
Matulino
Matterson
Rowdy
Taylor

Aloiai
Huth
Twal
I would has at a guess Liddle will be ready for 80 min after the off season with Coach Maguire.
Jacob has to be rock solid because it has become in the modern game that an injured/suspect person gets aimed at by the big forwards.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 1:00 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:30 pm
Geo. wrote:
Madge has been in discussions with a coach in England who has some revolutionary ideas about using wingers off the bench for three minutes and undersized forward packs

Expect to see more ;)
Hope Tim never offers any advice to the club lol

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 1:37 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:30 pm
Geo. wrote:

Expect to see more ;)
If Madge delivers us a premiership like Sheens did I wouldnt care if he brings Jackson Kaufusi out of retirement to play on the wing and names Benji in the front row.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 1:48 pm

can any one see madge, really bringing any players to the club for next season, he just does not seem like a coach who will bring any players, hope iam wrong, but i doubt it.

TigerRabbit

Post by TigerRabbit » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 1:58 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 1:48 pm
can any one see madge, really bringing any players to the club for next season, he just does not seem like a coach who will bring any players, hope iam wrong, but i doubt it.
Souths' track record of bringing in Elite talent under Madge was fairly dismal but you have to remember Shane Richardson is a fairly controlling head of Football - It's how he stamps his authority when he fronts the media and how he is with recruitment.

He always looked at value purchases in any which way he could and he didn't budge on the Roosters offer for Angus Crichton - He only pays what people are worth and not much more and is high on Juniors retention.

It will depend on if Egan & Pascoe give Madge the full keys to the kingdom or not in terms of how far he manufactures the squad to his liking - I don't think how inactive Madge was at the Rabbitohs is a fair indication of how active he could be here.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 2:09 pm

TigerRabbit wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 1:58 pm
bp tiger wrote:
Souths' track record of bringing in Elite talent under Madge was fairly dismal but you have to remember Shane Richardson is a fairly controlling head of Football - It's how he stamps his authority when he fronts the media and how he is with recruitment.

He always looked at value purchases in any which way he could and he didn't budge on the Roosters offer for Angus Crichton - He only pays what people are worth and not much more and is high on Juniors retention.

It will depend on if Egan & Pascoe give Madge the full keys to the kingdom or not in terms of how far he manufactures the squad to his liking - I don't think how inactive Madge was at the Rabbitohs is a fair indication of how active he could be here.
WEL SAID, but would love to see him get 2 for next year all the same.

TigerRabbit

Post by TigerRabbit » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 2:15 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 2:09 pm
TigerRabbit wrote:
Mon 29 Oct, 2018 1:58 pm
bp tiger wrote:

WEL SAID, but would love to see him get 2 for next year all the same.
All I could see coming to a club or any club in general would be depth signings, I am actually surprised the Bulldogs would let Klemmer go this late in the game a couple days out from Pre-Season - The window of bringing a quality replacement before the beginning of next year would be barely big enough for a fly to get through (All clubs would of planned their 2019 campaigns in terms of personnel to a tee by now).

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 6:47 pm

Im dumbfounded that most of these teams have Masters with Noffa... Masters ball playing is devastating when Thompson is sniffing around him. Masters shouldnt be used to fix Noffas defensive issues. The old saying is "never weaken one position to strengthen another". The Noffa issue needs to be worked out anther way.