Blair

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Sunday 4 March 2:00PM
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast:
User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32436
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Re: Blair

Post by willow » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 9:30 pm

Give him time to settle, a lot of Tigers players were rusty today and off their game. Blair was far from the worst of them though, he'll only get better.


User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 9:35 pm

He was average I thought. But did anyone honestly see anything from Gibbs and Fifita that made you think you'd rather them instead of Blair? No chance in the world.




Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
spudoakes
Member
Member
Posts: 481
Joined: Wed 24 Feb, 2010 9:56 pm

Post by spudoakes » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 9:49 pm

I thought he had a pretty good game he wasn't in Ellis class but who is

bird2380

Post by bird2380 » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 9:54 pm

I thought he played your standard back rowers game nothing to flash but done a job. My opinion he needs to run on the flanks more often off benji or moltzen and all the forwards need to run in pairs or hav fullback backing up. we could of had a few more opportunities today if we had better support play. Thought backs in general were pretty good few times one on one with cronullas right side defense could of been better.
We were lucky to win but I'll take it it's never over till the end with the mighty tigers


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

tigermanboy

Post by tigermanboy » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 10:16 pm

He played 80min good defense didn't miss a tackle still early days give him a chance



Posted using RoarFEED 2012


User avatar
Luke
Member
Member
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Luke » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 10:30 pm

Didn't think Blair played the best game today but I'm not too worried. It was his first real game with us and it will take another couple of rounds for him to settle in and get used to our style of play. Can't wait for him and Benji to strike up a combination, I can see Benji putting Blair through a lot of holes this season!

User avatar
mtd
Member
Member
Posts: 1934
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 9:23 am

Post by mtd » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 10:34 pm

underdog wrote:
alexaki wrote:Couldn't see $500k's worth out there today.

I could.

It kicked the field goal to win the game.

A team is the sum of its parts, and Blair will be part of that team before you know it.

Watching Gibbs, De Gois, Fifita and Morris out there vs Woods, Groat, Blair, Ellis, Heigno, Farah, Marshall, etc... today re-enforced to me the wiser choices we have made over the last few years re player signings, and what we have vs what we COULD have had.
top post

blair is playing a role in our pack and did what he had to do.. in time im sure he is going to play a pivotal role.. its early days and im happy with what I saw.. some of his one on one defence (including the one on one rake) to me are indicators of the quality player he is..

im a bit concerned about lawrence not hitting the ball

User avatar
NZTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 772
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 8:01 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Post by NZTiger » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 10:36 pm

gee...first round and already people are criticising Blair's performance...?
Little rough I think. Give him a chance to gel with his new team mates...these things can take time.

I'm still very happy to see him running off Benji and co and think he will create havoc this year.
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
Image
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

Ice-Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:30 pm

Post by Ice-Tiger » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 10:47 pm

I thought Blair played well.
He did a great strip for us and he defended well. I could see the Melbourne style defence
(wrestle) he has brought with him.
I do miss Bryce Gibbs, but I think Blair is a better overall player.
Wait till he starts getting the offloads happening.

User avatar
mtd
Member
Member
Posts: 1934
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 9:23 am

Post by mtd » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 10:54 pm

NZTiger wrote: I'm still very happy to see him running off Benji and co and think he will create havoc this year.
yep!

there were some promising signs there... when and if it all clicks... i think alot of people are going to be suprised at how big some of the scores we put on... (**if we were on today it should have been 20-30 at half time)

Marshall_magic
Member
Member
Posts: 4250
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 10:59 pm

Had an okay game, not great, but he'll get better. His defence was alright and he came up with a one on one strip that gave us great field position to score a try. He'll get better.

sunshine coast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1041
Joined: Tue 16 Mar, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Back in Sydney

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 11:00 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:He was average I thought. But did anyone honestly see anything from Gibbs and Fifita that made you think you'd rather them instead of Blair? No chance in the world.




Posted using RoarFEED 2012
I think what I saw of Fifita today showed me why Sheens always rated Woods above him. Fifita only played first grade before Woods because of an injury to Woods. I think Sheens has made the right call on the young props in who to keep and who to let go off.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17318
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 11:09 pm

mtd wrote:
underdog wrote:
alexaki wrote:Couldn't see $500k's worth out there today.

I could.

It kicked the field goal to win the game.

A team is the sum of its parts, and Blair will be part of that team before you know it.

Watching Gibbs, De Gois, Fifita and Morris out there vs Woods, Groat, Blair, Ellis, Heigno, Farah, Marshall, etc... today re-enforced to me the wiser choices we have made over the last few years re player signings, and what we have vs what we COULD have had.
top post

blair is playing a role in our pack and did what he had to do.. in time im sure he is going to play a pivotal role.. its early days and im happy with what I saw.. some of his one on one defence (including the one on one rake) to me are indicators of the quality player he is..

im a bit concerned about lawrence not hitting the ball
Mate, he was a marked man. Everytime our attack moved to the left, their defence slid accordingly and squeezed him into two or three men.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 3:14 am

Some of you are very tough on Blair...I think he did a lot of things out there today that have been missed on here.

His scrambling defence was very effective.
His kick chase was very effective.
His one on ones were mostly dominant.
He touched the ball more than Gareth did.

He is one of the only guys in our pack that regularly effected dominant tackles which helped slow the play down. I couldnt help noticing that when the tiges got a little tired, the forwards reverted to grabbing hold of the player and then flopping on top of them. Watch what Blair does - he puts them down and then works them on the ground as he slowly releases them. I cant wait to see him assimilate into our side but I also hope that our blokes learn a thing or two from him.

He was better than average today for mine. I'll split my original difference and say 7.5. He will regularly be putting in 8.5 efforts by the end of April.

Goose
Member
Member
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue 21 Sep, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Concord

Post by Goose » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 9:52 am

blair played ok, did alot of things well.

I reckon unless he scores a double and dominates every aspect of the game people will be throwing out the not worth the price tag line, no matter what he does he will cop some flak on this forum

tigerbenji
Member
Member
Posts: 2280
Joined: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 10:07 am

I thought he had a good game, defended well & led our kick chase very well & a thorough pro footballer, watched Gibbs & he tried hard which is typical Gibbs, also Fifita he is huge but continues to run sideways. But once again was very happy with Blairs game.

Lisa
Member
Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed 16 Feb, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Lisa » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 10:29 am

stryker wrote:Some of you are very tough on Blair...I think he did a lot of things out there today that have been missed on here.

His scrambling defence was very effective.
His kick chase was very effective.
His one on ones were mostly dominant.
He touched the ball more than Gareth did.

He is one of the only guys in our pack that regularly effected dominant tackles which helped slow the play down. I couldnt help noticing that when the tiges got a little tired, the forwards reverted to grabbing hold of the player and then flopping on top of them. Watch what Blair does - he puts them down and then works them on the ground as he slowly releases them. I cant wait to see him assimilate into our side but I also hope that our blokes learn a thing or two from him.

He was better than average today for mine. I'll split my original difference and say 7.5. He will regularly be putting in 8.5 efforts by the end of April.
8.5 wow . what you have said is very positive & it was hot, but {He is one of the only guys in our pack that regularly effected dominant tackles] well ?
He made 23 tackles, not too bad for 82 mins, nothing special.
He made 12 hit ups not too bad.
He ran 84 meters not too bad.
He did 2 offloads, ok.
He made 1, 1on1 tackle....
He made 1 tackle break.....
He missed 6 tackles.....................
& he gave away 2 penalties....... was your 8.5 out of 20.....
Bull

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 10:32 am

Lisa wrote:
stryker wrote:Some of you are very tough on Blair...I think he did a lot of things out there today that have been missed on here.

His scrambling defence was very effective.
His kick chase was very effective.
His one on ones were mostly dominant.
He touched the ball more than Gareth did.

He is one of the only guys in our pack that regularly effected dominant tackles which helped slow the play down. I couldnt help noticing that when the tiges got a little tired, the forwards reverted to grabbing hold of the player and then flopping on top of them. Watch what Blair does - he puts them down and then works them on the ground as he slowly releases them. I cant wait to see him assimilate into our side but I also hope that our blokes learn a thing or two from him.

He was better than average today for mine. I'll split my original difference and say 7.5. He will regularly be putting in 8.5 efforts by the end of April.
8.5 wow . what you have said is very positive & it was hot, but {He is one of the only guys in our pack that regularly effected dominant tackles] well ?
He made 23 tackles, not too bad for 82 mins, nothing special.
He made 12 hit ups not too bad.
He ran 84 meters not too bad.
He did 2 offloads, ok.
He made 1, 1on1 tackle....
He made 1 tackle break.....
He missed 6 tackles.....................
& he gave away 2 penalties....... was your 8.5 out of 20.....
You decided a long time ago that Blair was a waste of money and you will try and justify that opinion every week. Spare us the crap.

Post Reply