You know what

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 16 March 7:30PM
Venue: Jubilee
Telecast: Ch 9
AmericanHistoryX

You know what

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 7:17 pm

Ubiquitous threads on how so and so didnt do their job last night and all that - but unlike you guys i blame them all equally.
But the way I look at it - the dragons blew off us off the park in a hostile environment. the just blew us off the park. s*** happens.
Better now than later.
What if this loss changes our season from now on in. We will look back and see it as the turning point.
I believe in spirit not in individual acievements among a team sport.
I believe we will turn this around.
What hurts the most is that you think we are gonna be like melbourne, manly or st.george, consistantly good, but year after year it doesnt happen - we are the Wests Tigers and this is the way we play football. I dont think it'll change until a new coach comes in. But in the meantime, its pretty predictable that we'll come good and make the semis again. From then on in its luck. We have the arsenal and we will be playing football in September rest assured. We'll be doing it the Wests Tigers way as is illustrated in the history books, not asa premiership favourite - we arent ready for that mantle yet - but as the underdog, thats our identity, we should stick to it.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

habibsta33

Post by habibsta33 » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 2:06 pm

Agreee with everything. We will never be like melbourne in that we play consistently from week one. We will find form when benji finds the form of the last 2 years hopefully sooner rather then later

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

darkie

Post by darkie » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 3:10 pm

Would a new coach allow the freestyle wests play?
I wouldn't mind if they dropped a very little bit of the fancy stuff to be more consistent. Didn't they do that at the end of last year?

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 4:48 pm

habibsta33 wrote:We will never be like melbourne in that we play consistently from week one.
You know what? That simply isn't good enough.

This was the year we were supposed to become consistent from the opening whistle.

Why can't we play consistent football? Many other teams do. Why is it good enough for them and not for us?

russelldp

Post by russelldp » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 6:06 pm

I think Matt Johns summed it up really well a week or two ago- the Tigers seem to get bored when they try to play the Bennett style slow strangle method.

WT remind me of the golfer in the movie Tin Cup. We have it in the bag on the final hole and instead of just laying up with two short iron shots, we needlessly go for the green with a driver. When this fails once, instead of going back to the game plan and taking bogey, we keep trying and trying the low percentage play and eventually record a 15.

The crowds love the cavalier attitude, but it doesn't win many trophies!

The question is- is Sheens allowing this to occur or do the players ignore him?

Andy666

Post by Andy666 » Tue 20 Mar, 2012 1:07 am

It did in 2005 ;)

Posted using RoarFEED

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Tue 20 Mar, 2012 9:41 am

in 2005 yeah long time ago now other sides have worked us out also we had busy bees workers in the forwards oneill galea laffranchi skando guys the didnt mind getting dirty two of the best defence centres in the game elford whaturia there was more structure composure to the side it hasnt worked since.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 20 Mar, 2012 9:49 am

russelldp wrote:I think Matt Johns summed it up really well a week or two ago- the Tigers seem to get bored when they try to play the Bennett style slow strangle method.

WT remind me of the golfer in the movie Tin Cup. We have it in the bag on the final hole and instead of just laying up with two short iron shots, we needlessly go for the green with a driver. When this fails once, instead of going back to the game plan and taking bogey, we keep trying and trying the low percentage play and eventually record a 15.

The crowds love the cavalier attitude, but it doesn't win many trophies!

The question is- is Sheens allowing this to occur or do the players ignore him?

One of my favourite all time movie highlights , and as his girl said "Do you think that anyone will remember the winner of the tournament in a few years time No ,but they will remember that situation for the rest of their lives "

I always have believed Benji's Gf try has hung over his head and he sometimes seems to be trying to top that moment

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 20 Mar, 2012 4:27 pm

bigdamo wrote:in 2005 yeah long time ago now other sides have worked us out also we had busy bees workers in the forwards oneill galea laffranchi skando guys the didnt mind getting dirty two of the best defence centres in the game elford whaturia there was more structure composure to the side it hasnt worked since.
big damo - so we had the same coach back then, is the problem our players then?
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"