I dont think sacking the players is the answer

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 26 March 7:00PM
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Fox2
king sirro

I dont think sacking the players is the answer

Post by king sirro » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 9:09 pm

Im not against changes after another terrible display, but i think theres something else that really needs to be looked at.

Watching our defence, there are good defenders missing plenty of tackles. You dont just become a bad defender. I took a close look tonight and im of the opinion we lack confidence in our structure. I remember writing something similar when Royce was defensive coach. Seems to me we dont really know what to do and each player is unsure of what the guy next to him is going to do so the hesitation leads to a lack of commitment.

You cant tell me the guys who have showed so much in the past all of a sudden arnt committed. Theres a reason for it and its having no confidence in knowing what the guy inside of you and outside of you is doing.

After focusing on it tonight, im convinced its our defensive structure (or lack there of) that is the problem, not a lack of heart or ability.

I dont know how to fix it, but its a problem Sheens has struggled with a few times throughout his tenure as Wests Tigers coach. He needs to find someone who can sort it out real quick.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 9:11 pm

Sheens just has to go tbh. Georgalis to take over immediately and I guarantee we'd go on a win streak.

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 9:21 pm

poor lateral movement and obvious lack of fitness is groats problem. needs a break from f/g
moltzen needs to realise its not touch footy, ditto as groat
ayshford was shown wanting for pace ( beau saved his a... plenty of times tonight )
we need to wrestle in the tackle to stop quick play the balls
lawrence needs to run with aggression
no support play , especially when woods takes it up.
too much reliance on benji
sos to galoway, lote,farah etc etc
I dislike sowfs immensely

Montague Street

Post by Montague Street » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 9:23 pm

MacDougall wrote:Sheens just has to go tbh. Georgalis to take over immediately and I guarantee we'd go on a win streak.
How can you possibly make such a GUARANTEE ?!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Rugby League: The Game They Play in Hell

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 9:25 pm

I reckon you are close Sirro... Add to those concerns you mentioned is when we had possession, we lacked any speed or advantage-line movement.

We need to settle on a defensive structure first!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 9:29 pm

Montague Street wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Sheens just has to go tbh. Georgalis to take over immediately and I guarantee we'd go on a win streak.
How can you possibly make such a GUARANTEE ?!

The Tigers are clearly a gifted football team. Their problem is they seem to have no drive, or ambition to win. Mid-season coach swaps always get players fired up. Georgalis steps in and puts a bunch of guys underperforming on notice and they don't just laugh behind his back like they do when Sheens says similar because they don't know him well enough to call his bluff. They actually turn up.

It'll never happen though. Sheens is the leader of the illuminati.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 9:33 pm

The defensive structure is shocking at the moment, and there's not enough players doing the basics such as putting the shoulder in when making a tackle. I agree, sacking players is not the answer, there are few players the Tigers can call on to step up. I think Groat could do with a spell and I'd give Moors his chance. Fullback is still a problem, as is the left wing and right centre. Ayshford doesn't look interested and Reddy looks a bit too slow out there on the wing. Not sure what Blair is playing at, but he doesn't look like he wants to be there at all.

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 9:35 pm

Groat is looking out of touch - I hate to say it, but he needs a week at reggies.

:( Sad to say I love the guy, but Ayshford is as well, although he dug REALLY Deep to chase down Mcrone I think it was and save a certain runaway try - however a lot of players just bounced off him in defence.

Blair is.... well... they need to find a role for him - right now he's just making up numbers and floating around. He needs to start Meteo'ing it, or as much as it pains me to say it doing a Glenn Stewart - sniff around the line, and USE those ball playing skills he has.

Apart form that, everyone else seems to be chipping in, heck I thought Moltzen played his best game this year at fullback.

hellman

Post by hellman » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 9:39 pm

If we can find a centre, winger and fullback with pace there are 3 positions available for them.

Moltzen needs to be in the team because he has pace - ideally I'd play him at 6 and play Benji at 7. Ayshford, Reddy and Miller really aren't required or better put we need some better players.

As for the forwards I reckon it is hard to judge when you go into the game with 2 backs on the bench. Blair obviously is a huge let down and not a player our team can rely on.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 9:41 pm

I wouldnt feed reddy on his football ability .no wonder the eels moved him on .Way too slow .
I agree in part Sirro ,i would persist with Miller , and make a few positional changes like ayshford anywhere but in the centres ie back row .
HEIGHINGTON just isnt playing with the gusto he used to , bench at the very best imo .
Poor old Fulton tries hard but is too much of a lightweight to make any impact.We just simply cannot SLOW the play the ball down in any way ,hence the penalties and the back pedalling.
Moltzen is not up to first grade standard , cut your losses Wests and release him. H e will not bite the Tigers on the bum , he is simply not up to top grade

Chipofftheoldblock

Post by Chipofftheoldblock » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 7:51 pm

I would move Blair to front row (Drop Groat altogether), Josh Davis to 2nd row, bring back Moors on the bench with Matty Bell, promote Pat Polinti to hooker and move Fulton to the bench.
I like Miller at half and sometimes you need to persist with young halfs. Canberra have done this with MCrone for the past 3 years and he has turned into a decent player. Otherwise Dane Chislom would be a decent option over Humble.
The team needs enthuastic players that want to impress. There is no pride at the moment and the boys look like going through the motions.
I reckon Josh Davis and young Pat fit the bill.
The thing is that when you look at the reserve grade side there really is no one that looks like putting pressure on them.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 11:09 pm

I think that Groat is not up to starting, and reckon he has only 30 minutes of footy in him at the moment, which means that we need some minutes from Blair in the middle 3rd IMO.

Ayshford to the bench is prob fair enough on form.

Agree our structures must be somewhat amiss.

I still think our discipline is a major issue, putting too much pressure on our defence. We are being caned in the penalty count, a little unluckily at times, but others just poor discpline.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Wed 28 Mar, 2012 11:51 pm

they say one of the reasons Jack Gibsons sides were so strong was that he wasn't afraid to drop players if they weren't performing, no matter who they were. this made players play for their spot constantly which resulted in better performances.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 29 Mar, 2012 12:03 am

Sabre wrote:they say one of the reasons Jack Gibsons sides were so strong was that he wasn't afraid to drop players if they weren't performing, no matter who they were. this made players play for their spot constantly which resulted in better performances.

Huge difference in the two eras Sabre salary Cap Half of Parra's and Manly reserve grade sides would of been walk up starters at Wests and other weaker clubs