What a blessing

ImageImageImage
claws

Re: What a blessing

Post by claws » Fri 18 May, 2012 11:47 pm

Why don't people adopt the wait & see approach? If you keep a 24yr old centre, doing the same thing that he has been doing for the last 6years for another 7 yrs in 1st grade, he will become a nobody, one dimensional player. Mr average. That would be great for his growth and development. He is a talent, give him time.

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 18 May, 2012 11:49 pm

claws wrote:Why don't people adopt the wait & see approach? If you keep a 24yr old centre, doing the same thing that he has been doing for the last 6years for another 7 yrs in 1st grade, he will become a nobody, one dimensional player. Mr average. That would be great for his growth and development. He is a talent, give him time.
Maybe I am a bit drunk mate...what are you on about?

Mattie13

Post by Mattie13 » Sat 19 May, 2012 7:30 am

Matty Bowen had the same type of hip injury a few years back and it took him at least twelve months for his speed and agility to be back to its best.

He will come good. Lote will come good. Marshall will be Marshall but refine himself. Robbie will come out of Origin even better. Blair will find his place and so on. There is so much improvement in this team it is unbelievable.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

tigerz2012

Post by tigerz2012 » Sat 19 May, 2012 7:39 am

Mattie13 wrote:Matty Bowen had the same type of hip injury a few years back and it took him at least twelve months for his speed and agility to be back to its best.

He will come good. Lote will come good. Marshall will be Marshall but refine himself. Robbie will come out of Origin even better. Blair will find his place and so on. There is so much improvement in this team it is unbelievable.

Well said !

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Sat 19 May, 2012 8:40 am

claws wrote:Why don't people adopt the wait & see approach? If you keep a 24yr old centre, doing the same thing that he has been doing for the last 6years for another 7 yrs in 1st grade, he will become a nobody, one dimensional player. Mr average. That would be great for his growth and development. He is a talent, give him time.
Are you suggesting that if a player was to play in the same position for their whole career they become nobodies? There are players that play in different positions.......they are called utilities, something i don't think Chris could be classed as. Chris has hands like feet as far as 5/8's are concerned. The cold hard facts are in the first half last night we were dreadful and stuttery in attack. Lawrence is not the answer. In all honesty it feels like a cut and paste solution to not deciding on a permanent halfback.

Lawrence has been a great player for this club, and was one of the best centres in the land until this year. He's been through a lot of adversity and there wouldn't be one person on this forum that doesn't want to seem him back to his best. That won't happen if he continues to play 5/8.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 19 May, 2012 3:41 pm

I really hate the title of this thread in relation to one of our best ever getting injured. I understand the point that the OP was making, with what happened after Lawrence went off last night, but to call an injury to someone like Chris 'a blessing' is just plain bad taste, imo. Can we change it?
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Tigermac

Post by Tigermac » Sat 19 May, 2012 4:24 pm

Flippedy wrote:I really hate the title of this thread in relation to one of our best ever getting injured. I understand the point that the OP was making, with what happened after Lawrence went off last night, but to call an injury to someone like Chris 'a blessing' is just plain bad taste, imo. Can we change it?

Better still delete the whole thing

He is a champion, he will be back

izotope

Post by izotope » Mon 21 May, 2012 11:10 am

people still don't understand the phrase blessing in disguise?

Glad the commentators mentioned it during half time cos i got 20 on at 3.50 at half time.
tigers!

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Mon 21 May, 2012 11:25 am

He's a rep centre terribly out of form and confidence. Give him a week or 2 off to refresh.
Can't see much in him as a 5/8, poor passing and who knows about his kicking game. Doesn't even use a step anymore.
In the forwards he just gets wrapped up too easily without carrying any defenders and has one of the slowest play the balls I've ever seen. Ayshford would have alot more impact in the middle then lawrence.

One thing I will say though is that at centre I'd like to see him get earlier ball to work with. Too much running angles and hitting short passes of Benji.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 21 May, 2012 11:49 am

Flippedy wrote:I really hate the title of this thread in relation to one of our best ever getting injured. I understand the point that the OP was making, with what happened after Lawrence went off last night, but to call an injury to someone like Chris 'a blessing' is just plain bad taste, imo. Can we change it?
One would liken it to a good thing coming out of a bad situation.
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

rossop

Post by rossop » Mon 21 May, 2012 1:17 pm

His form (along with Ayshford) has been poor. A week or two off might do him good but I bet Sheens sticks with him (in the centres, I hope). I dont rate him as a half. It would be nice if he proved me wrong, though.

badger

Post by badger » Sat 26 May, 2012 7:52 pm

Poor old Rowdie does seem to be struggling a bit in the confidence department. He seems to be putting all his efforts into running hard and defending safe untill his form returnes. Finding his angles again and combining with Benji will come he just needs to play himself back into form by concentrating on the little things. Dont know if playing him at 5/8 will help him much though but there could have been more to that descision than meets the eye. I.E trying not to use him as a battering ram to much or perhaps protecting an injury or something like that.

badger

Post by badger » Sat 26 May, 2012 7:55 pm

Mattie13 wrote:Matty Bowen had the same type of hip injury a few years back and it took him at least twelve months for his speed and agility to be back to its best.

Man I dig your attitude . Bring on the rest of the season.

rossop

Post by rossop » Fri 01 Jun, 2012 7:49 am

badger wrote:

Man I dig your attitude . Bring on the rest of the season.
Hope so too!

everett

Post by everett » Fri 01 Jun, 2012 7:53 am

The best news is we still have Ellis to come back into the side.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership