absolutely thrilled....

ImageImageImage
stryker

absolutely thrilled....

Post by stryker » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 8:48 pm

Just back from the game, sensational win from the boys...easily one of this clubs best ever.

It was cold and soaking wet, the Raiders were desperate, complacency could have been an issue, fiery game in the twenties had revved the crowd up....and we did that! Our ball control and defence was faultless, our attack sharp and precise, our fingers covered in glue....we played the entire 80 and demolished a team at their home ground. Just supberb.

Spoke to a couple of blokes after the game, grabbed Beau and told him how impressed I am by his game over the past year and a half asked him if Beau knows origin...he just smiled Heighno laughed and slapped him on the back. Robbie, Benji, Woodsey....all the boys were beaming they would be having a raucus ride home I would say.

This is how I wished the team to perform this year. It has taken 3 long months but we are almost there...I am over the moon with that win.

brk53y

Post by brk53y » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 8:57 pm

Isn't it funny how a teams performance can effect you so much. I'm bouncing around the house after that win! Dunno if I'm more happy that we put 40 on them or that we kept them to zilch

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 9:58 pm

Both mate...plus our kicking game and decision making was top notch. If we couldn't score, we didn't panic and throw the miracle ball. We calmly rolled it in goal, got another set and tried again. It was a very professional, Melbourness performance mixed with our attack...ie the short drop out...it was almost perfect and was in horrible playing conditions.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 10:08 pm

Wasn't it nice to win a game and not have your blood pressure soaring through the clouds for the last 30 minutes .

Made the comment while watching the game to a few other Tigers supporters and we all had this relaxed satisfied grin :D

Isn't it nice to have that confidence back in our team again

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 10:16 pm

Yeah mate there was a tremendous feeling of satisfaction tonight. First time this year I have felt that. The only other time that came close was our ballsey second half against Brisbane.

ccwilliams

Post by ccwilliams » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 10:25 pm

Am thrilled too! It was very wet tonight but I've been colder at games at Bruce Stadium. Outstanding game from the tigers. A very happy Canberra based tigers fan here

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 02 Jun, 2012 10:25 pm

Smartest game I remember us playing - ever.
And well worth sitting through 4 hours of drizzling rain. Great stuff :)
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 04 Jun, 2012 12:42 am

I too am absolutely thrilled!

I think i just saw the premiers play!!!

Just brilliant!!

Gazman

Post by Gazman » Mon 04 Jun, 2012 9:59 pm

Finally getting to watch the game now, I only heard the first half in the back of the ambulance on way to hospital after the wife insisted I could not wait to see the game had to record and leave. Luckily the Ambo was also a WT fan and had the radio calll up loud and clear. Of all the games I could have done with high blood pressure it would have been this one, as it would have saved me having to suffer the drip feed to get BP up. All good now enjoying the replay

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 04 Jun, 2012 10:14 pm

Gazman wrote:Finally getting to watch the game now, I only heard the first half in the back of the ambulance on way to hospital after the wife insisted I could not wait to see the game had to record and leave. Luckily the Ambo was also a WT fan and had the radio calll up loud and clear. Of all the games I could have done with high blood pressure it would have been this one, as it would have saved me having to suffer the drip feed to get BP up. All good now enjoying the replay
Hope your wife is ok Gaz

Gazman

Post by Gazman » Mon 04 Jun, 2012 10:19 pm

Ha Ha yeah shes good now I left her all the instructions about making sure the match recorded properly fo me....

Mighty Tigers

Post by Mighty Tigers » Mon 04 Jun, 2012 10:29 pm

Watch out Melbourne here we come yeahhhhhhhh !!!