Wrestling tactics

ImageImageImage
aajlewis

Wrestling tactics

Post by aajlewis » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 9:58 pm

That was complete bs by Melbourne, chin straps, pressure points, elbows in the faces and lifting the foot to thighs, sick of it, clearly the players are too

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 9:59 pm

They are grubs. I hate the way Bellamy has done this to our game

shifty

Post by shifty » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 9:59 pm

Twice I noticed when utai was tackled he had his leg bent back to his buttocks..

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 10:00 pm

Maybe they should have concentrated on the old tactic of out scoring the opposition.

aajlewis

Post by aajlewis » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 10:02 pm

And the way they continuously put players on their backs to slow the play the ball.
Our game is becoming all about defense when it used to be about skill

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 10:05 pm

they're scum
Madgic!

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 10:10 pm

Beau's leg was really bent in half in one tackle - he compalined to the ref but nothing happened.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 10:13 pm

it is ridiculous how much wrestling they get AWAY with and slowing down the PTB. it was the same as SOO.. they were lying all over the player. idk who to blame, but it is just ticking me off.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

BigUnit

Post by BigUnit » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 10:18 pm

yeh i noticed at least 7 times our player getting the foot pulled back to their bums, Would put alot of pressure on their quad muscle and slowed them down to get on their feet quickly. Storm are the cause of the whole mess we have today with wrestling grubby tactics

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 10:26 pm

The chinstrap made a return tonight. I wonder why that is? We haven't seen it since round one or two, yet tonight they decide to pull it out again. Hm...
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

tigers girl

Post by tigers girl » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 10:32 pm

Bunch of dirty dogs i hate them trying to injure our players they always get away with it if we did it we get penalised for it straight away

TigerDave81

Post by TigerDave81 » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 12:01 am

It was a disgrace. Continual niggal and as plenty have mentioned already, the leg pulls were terrible. It was an obvious tactic and one the refs needs to penalise out of the game. The Storm are bloody dirty. Cheats off and on the field!!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 12:54 am

It's done only because it's legal. It's still not as bad as the "stripping" calls IMO. Both sides had penalties called for what were plain old poor ball security.

Having said all that, Melbourne took the fight to us and all round it was a pretty good game. Both sides completing 80%+ sets and a fairly small amount of errors given the conditions. Some of the scrambling defence by both teams was absolutely sublime.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 1:08 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:It's done only because it's legal. It's still not as bad as the "stripping" calls IMO. Both sides had penalties called for what were plain old poor ball security.

Having said all that, Melbourne took the fight to us and all round it was a pretty good game. Both sides completing 80%+ sets and a fairly small amount of errors given the conditions. Some of the scrambling defence by both teams was absolutely sublime.
it was a really good game!

honestly, i cant say i did notice that much grappling, but it has come to mind (with my mma knowledge) how much bjj is incorporated into tackling recently. even the chicken wing is a derivation of the arm bar or kimura, and the old "turtling" method i was taught has reached a whole new dimension.

im my opinon, it is all just that melbourne are first with new techniques to slow the ptb player. dont get me wrong, i definitely dont agree with it, but i do acknowledge the innovations by bellamy to push the envelope. what is wrong is tactics such as the "chin strap". anything that can so obviously injure a player should be stamped out as soon as they are recognised, and i think they (rev committee) are doing okay so far.

no one wants to see a ground game every time someone is tackled, but at the same time other teams complain about super fast ptbs that (in their view) give the tiges an "unfair advantage".

my view is that as long as there are no jui jitsu moves involved, it should be like it always used to be and let them all play with an equal understanding.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 1:11 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:It's done only because it's legal. It's still not as bad as the "stripping" calls IMO. Both sides had penalties called for what were plain old poor ball security.

...on the stripping issue, i have to agree with gus on this one (first time ever!): hold the bloody ball! too many players are losing the ball and claiming a strip and getting a penalty.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 6:14 am

Alf Duguid wrote:They are grubs. I hate the way Bellamy has done this to our game

This, it's about time we move away from the wrestle and the slowing things down. They need to get rid of the wrestling and Jiu Jitsu coaches

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 7:29 am

It was the first time it was really noticeable this year. Without their "Big 3" for the only time this year and it seemed like they wanted the niggle badly and WT were good enough to ignore it and stick to the game plan.

The 10m was more like 7 or 8 all night and the discrepancy in tacklers time allowed on the ball carrier was huge.

That said we took a tough 2 points and that is all that matters

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 09 Jun, 2012 8:02 am

storm wrestled.
wests-tigers played footy.
great to beat them, especially in not so good conditions.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D