Timmy

ImageImageImage
Tiger Watto

Re: Timmy

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 6:59 pm

Not sure what position he is playing... If he was playing Fullback all game, he went pretty good, but if he was attempting to be a ball-player in the second half, he needs to let them go more times than he holds them...

He should have good stats today, and looked dangerous!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:04 pm

He was good today Top 3 players for sure

He has a really good change of pace which he underutilises at times

Keep that up Moltz and we will all be a happy mob of Tigers

Mattie13

Post by Mattie13 » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 9:15 pm

Defiant wrote:He had a good game. Recovered from turning it over on our first touch.
Which should of been a penalty. Sums up the day we had with decisions really.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 9:43 pm

The Mole said 2 days ago that Tim Moltzen started talks with tigers and should stay a tiger hopefully whoo!!!!

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 10:59 pm

innsaneink wrote:His speed off the mark, acceleration is remarkable....he's underutilised and really needs to get more involved
it's his overall pace that interests me. we lack pace badly in our backline and moltz's greatest asset is speed atm. if only he would support the forwards or utai when they can pop an offload, we would have so many linebreaks.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

whoneedstherapy

Post by whoneedstherapy » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 11:05 pm

Had a very solid game today, one of our best along with woods & lote.

Definitely interjected himself more into the line in the second half in a ball playing role, similar to jarryd hayne in a way. I think we needed it too as we looked a bit too one dimensional in the first half due to missing robbie.

He's definitely hitting his straps in the #1, similar to last year where he really wound up towards the end of the season.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 11:33 pm

tigersrule4life wrote:The Mole said 2 days ago that Tim Moltzen started talks with tigers and should stay a tiger hopefully whoo!!!!
He doesn't really have much choice. What did St. George offer can anyone remember probably not going to get anywhere near the same deal with the Tigers.

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 1:41 pm

If anything he proved yesterday that he's utterly wasted at FB, a position he clearly does not enjoy. The scond half in particular showed how good he is with the ball in hand. He created doubt in the minds of defenders, attacked the line, found space and his passes hit the chests of supports. He did much more than ride shotgun for Marshall, indeed he took command of the team in the attacking phases. I'm just sorry that he wasn't first receiver on tackle six, Benjamin was putting little pressure on with his kicks

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 11:44 am

Said it for a while now he's our most dangerous attacking weapon, agile and super quick has the ability to beat a player that no one else in the side has. If only he could settle in a position i think we'll see a lot more tries from him this season his best is yet to come. I have always had a massive opinion of Moltz despite his shortcomings at the back but being shifted from half to fullback would be extremely hard fullback is a tough position lets not forget this. This kid is the future of our club. He's all footballer.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 12:09 pm

He should have been earmarked to be 5/8 if it was always Sheens intention to move Marshall to halfback permanently.

He's not a fullback, he's a running five-eighth.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 12:37 pm

tigersrule4life wrote:The Mole said 2 days ago that Tim Moltzen started talks with tigers and should stay a tiger hopefully whoo!!!!
I woudn't whoo over anything the mole has to say considering hardly any of his predictions ever come true

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 12:49 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:He should have been earmarked to be 5/8 if it was always Sheens intention to move Marshall to halfback permanently.

Good point! I have to agree that he really should be given another shot in the halves. His junior footy was played at 5/8 and his skills are more suited to the position. So now that Benji has been moved to 7, it's a fair point. Should he be given another run, this time at 5/8?? It's worth another look for sure. With Sirro missing for this week too, why not do it against the Knights.

fulleightyminutes

Post by fulleightyminutes » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 1:13 pm

Tigerpete wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:He should have been earmarked to be 5/8 if it was always Sheens intention to move Marshall to halfback permanently.

Good point! I have to agree that he really should be given another shot in the halves. His junior footy was played at 5/8 and his skills are more suited to the position. So now that Benji has been moved to 7, it's a fair point. Should he be given another run, this time at 5/8?? It's worth another look for sure. With Sirro missing for this week too, why not do it against the Knights.
He formed a terrific halves combination with Blake Lazarus for BRET playing at 5/8th, the year before he made first grade. Lazarus did the kicking and Moltzen ran.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 10:48 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
I woudn't whoo over anything the mole has to say considering hardly any of his predictions ever come true
The mole is the worst scoop in history....cant believe they still purchase his stuff.
I reckon i could have a similar hit rate, by just looking at who is off contract and picking a club who needs a player in that spot, and claiming that their is whispers player X is joining club Y....Id only have to get it right 3 times a year and Id be going better than the mole by guessing with no info.

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Wed 20 Jun, 2012 11:05 am

Tigerpete wrote:

I agree his natural talent is best utilised in the halves. Shift Ryan to FB and Ayshford into the centres.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 20 Jun, 2012 11:27 am

Moltz92 wrote:
Tigerpete wrote:

I agree his natural talent is best utilised in the halves. Shift Ryan to FB and Ayshford into the centres.
We won't need a flashy fullback against the Knights... Just someone who can field kicks ably, defend well and run the ball back. The confidence of the Knights is shot at the moment, Moltzen should be getting his hands on the ball as much as possible... He'd terrorise their flanks.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Thu 21 Jun, 2012 9:33 am

I have to say I'm a little surprised with all the love for Tim Moltzen in this thread.

Dont get me wrong, on Sunday he did do a few good things, he made some brave saves diving on the ball at feet etc, but thats what first grade fullbacks do!. I think it has gotten to the point with Moltzen taht when he actually does what he is supposed to do (take kicks on the full, run the ball back etc) everyone raves about it when in fact he is just being adequate.

I dont think it came across as clearly on TV as it did at the game, but Tim Moltzen potentially cost us that game with two plays. First he MURDERED a try when he had a two man overlap outside him, about 20m out and instead stepped and went himself inside and got crunched. Secondly, with I think about 8 mins to go and we are throwing everything at them, Timmy ends up with the ball about 10m on the last tackle, close to touch, flat footed, no options so he decides to run straight into the teeth of the defence on the last. From there Easts rallied and snuffed us out. A simple grubber into the ingoal to get a repeat set may have made all the difference.

He always takes the wrong option and has NO passing game. He should be kept as far from 6/7 as possible. Fullback or even more prefereably no.14 are his spots.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Thu 21 Jun, 2012 9:38 am

Citizen Tiger wrote:If anything he proved yesterday that he's utterly wasted at FB, a position he clearly does not enjoy. The scond half in particular showed how good he is with the ball in hand.
Butchered a try by ignoring a 2 man overlap, and sacrificed himself on the last. He has no passing game and always takes wrong options. He can run a gap off Benji but lets leave it at that.