How bad has Blair got to play to be dropped?

ImageImageImage
bob56
Member
Member
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: How bad has Blair got to play to be dropped?

Post by bob56 » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 7:46 pm

I think Blair could officially be our new Fitzy


User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 5724
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 8:22 pm

I think thats a silly comment, He is a Marquee player.

To many experts.

Lisa
Member
Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed 16 Feb, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Lisa » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 8:31 pm

tigerlogic wrote:
balmainbrett2041 wrote:
tigerlogic wrote:
balmainbrett2041 wrote:What is going on? He was missing in defense and made errors galore surely we have to give the demotivated guy a big wake up call?


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Who do u replace him with genius????
Who is a BETTER option???
Don't say junior moors u need to suggest a first grade player


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
I thought we bought a first grade player in Blair. We replace him with a player that has passion for the tigers. We can't carry someone underperforming consistently when they take out so much of our salary cap and have still 3 1/2 years of contract to run. Either motivate him or factor him out. He is a professional I can't go for all that crap that he needs to work his way into our playing style. Ship up or ship out but we are left with the bill - and you are deluding yourselves if you think he has been playing like a $500k signing the last 8 weeks while we were winning !


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
While he had a shocker today I will not believe this crap about him not being passionate, fair dinkum!
If u had a shocker at work after 7weeks of really good improvement would u should u be sacked??!!!
I'm very glad he's in the side, u can't measure how much the players were affected by Sonia's passing today, very tight knit!
Missing rob was big today


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Don't forget he is our third highest paid palyer...second most expensive on the filed yesterday... just want value for money.........
Bull

Knuckles
Member
Member
Posts: 2792
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Knuckles » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 9:26 pm

I think you just have to forget the whole game ... Let's see what happens next week.

chapdogg

Post by chapdogg » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 10:09 pm

balmainbrett2041 wrote:
tigerlogic wrote:
balmainbrett2041 wrote:What is going on? He was missing in defense and made errors galore surely we have to give the demotivated guy a big wake up call?


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Who do u replace him with genius????
Who is a BETTER option???
Don't say junior moors u need to suggest a first grade player


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
I thought we bought a first grade player in Blair. We replace him with a player that has passion for the tigers. We can't carry someone underperforming consistently when they take out so much of our salary cap and have still 3 1/2 years of contract to run. Either motivate him or factor him out. He is a professional I can't go for all that crap that he needs to work his way into our playing style. Ship up or ship out but we are left with the bill - and you are deluding yourselves if you think he has been playing like a $500k signing the last 8 weeks while we were winning !


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
agree mate,Blair has been a waste off space and any1 who thinks he's improved over the last few weeks needs to wake up,he's lazy and doesn't deserve to be there


Posted using RoarFEED 2012


User avatar
tiger4ever
Member
Member
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu 30 Jul, 2009 1:07 pm
Location: BLACKTOWN

Post by tiger4ever » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 10:43 pm

Hes been improving every week up until Sunday which wasn't his best but like others have said it wasn't on his own.

write off this week....it was a emotional day for the players which i think effected the whole team.

At least he has played every game...very durable.I like what hes been doing in defence slowing the play the ball down and getting very quick play the balls and hes not bad at milking penalties either.

User avatar
bonstonker
Member
Member
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:14 am
Location: Louisiana,usa

Post by bonstonker » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 12:26 pm

one of the worst games i've seen from a forward.

even worse was that a couple of weeks a ago he was called a work horse by sheens.
yet,he went missing again when things got tough out there.
waited till the 79th minute to take a hit up in our own half and that was on the 40m line.didn't take his first till the 22nd min inside their 10.

his worst games always come when the team is put under pressure.
nothing to do with structure,he needs a good team to look half decent.

tigerbenji
Member
Member
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by tigerbenji » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 12:39 pm

Get rid of Blair, Moltzen, Tuqiri, Utai, & everyone who has a bad game, gee we would be short of troupes.

brett_empire
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu 07 Jun, 2012 2:16 pm

Post by brett_empire » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 1:19 pm

There are plenty of options better than Blair !!!
Bell has proved he can play big minutes in the backrow. I don't mind Blair playing whilst we are short of troops, but you can bet your life that Sheens names him to start when Heigno, Ellis, Fulton are fit.
It's a classic case of Moneyball, Blair is over priced and over rated, worst tackling technique, poor handling and zero discipline.
Could he possibly play off the bench in the front row for about 30mins? I'm sure he played front row under Bellamy at times. Could swap roles with Bell ? I'd even prefer Joel Reddy play in the back row to be honest. I'm not even convinced he's more effective than BMM and Moors, hell i'd give Cashmere a run!! Leave Groat exactly where he is however, Shocker !!
It's unfair to judge someone on one performance yes, but who are we kidding he's been awful most of the year, maybe 1 or 2 'decent' games.
Decision time Sheens !

User avatar
Frank the tank
Member
Member
Posts: 610
Joined: Sun 13 Nov, 2011 5:20 pm
Location: Sydney boy living in NZ

Post by Frank the tank » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 3:09 pm

Surely he has to be on notice for all the resons stated above
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

Wacko Jacko
Member
Member
Posts: 514
Joined: Thu 07 Jul, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Wacko Jacko » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 3:12 pm

I will give you a scoop all, Sheens will never drop Blair

No s*** Sherlock :crazy

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 2909
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 3:18 pm

brett_empire wrote:There are plenty of options better than Blair !!!
Bell has proved he can play big minutes in the backrow. I don't mind Blair playing whilst we are short of troops, but you can bet your life that Sheens names him to start when Heigno, Ellis, Fulton are fit.
It's a classic case of Moneyball, Blair is over priced and over rated, worst tackling technique, poor handling and zero discipline.
Could he possibly play off the bench in the front row for about 30mins? I'm sure he played front row under Bellamy at times. Could swap roles with Bell ? I'd even prefer Joel Reddy play in the back row to be honest. I'm not even convinced he's more effective than BMM and Moors, hell i'd give Cashmere a run!! Leave Groat exactly where he is however, Shocker !!
It's unfair to judge someone on one performance yes, but who are we kidding he's been awful most of the year, maybe 1 or 2 'decent' games.
Decision time Sheens !

Wow.

I am glad that you are not a selector. How many tests has Bell, BMM, Reddy or Cashmere played?

I notice that you did not say anything about Moltzen, who has been playing like a busted all year! Blair did not have the best of games, but who did?

Check out his pass for Lawrence's try and tell me how many players could have done that.

I would lay off the Kool-aid if I was you.

Twodogs
Member
Member
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed 15 Jun, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by Twodogs » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 3:27 pm

tigerbenji wrote:Get rid of Blair, Moltzen, Tuqiri, Utai, & everyone who has a bad game, gee we would be short of troupes.
Our circus is never short of troupes.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

chapdogg

Post by chapdogg » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 6:00 pm

tigerbenji wrote:Get rid of Blair, Moltzen, Tuqiri, Utai, & everyone who has a bad game, gee we would be short of troupes.
if moltzen tuqiri and utai had a year like Blair is having we probley wouldn't have a won a game,we all know he's a good player but he looks very lazy out there and maybe needs a good rev up


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

supporterwithlogic
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat 19 May, 2012 7:50 pm

Post by supporterwithlogic » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 6:11 pm

tigerlogic wrote:
balmainbrett2041 wrote:What is going on? He was missing in defense and made errors galore surely we have to give the demotivated guy a big wake up call?


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Who do u replace him with genius????
Who is a BETTER option???
Don't say junior moors u need to suggest a first grade player


Posted using RoarFEED 2012[/quote
Well said tiger logic. I see the genius hasn't responded yet!


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17200
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 6:12 pm

He definitely needs to go looking for the ball more in attack and get more involved in defense. Seems like alot of his tackles are ineffective.

He's a class player but he just doesn't look right out there at the moment... Is he carrying an injury?
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Goose
Member
Member
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue 21 Sep, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Concord

Post by Goose » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 10:44 pm

everytime you lose a game the knives come out for a few blokes.

He was strong in the last few games, had a shocker on the weekend no doubt, but to call for his head IMO is alarmist to say the least.

brett_empire
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu 07 Jun, 2012 2:16 pm

Post by brett_empire » Wed 20 Jun, 2012 11:34 am

Moltz does not get a mention because you can carry an underperforming fullback. Especially one like Moltzen who still scores tries and makes line breaks. Plus Moltz prob isn't on the same $$$ as Blair is he ?
Blair missed more tackles then Benji (8) on the weekend, made 3 errors, 2 penalties and only ran for 50metres gained.
Stats don't lie.

I feel sorry for him, it's not Blair's fault he's getting paid so much and has such big expectations at the club after losing Gibbs/Fafita. Thats an Admin and scouting problem, but you can't seriosuly back up the ways he's playing.
Just because he's played tests for New Zealand doesn't make him in automatic walk into the starting side. Bronson Harrison has played for NZ and he can barely make the Raiders team at the moment, so that argument is flawed.

With a thread labelled "How bad has Blair got to play to be dropped?" I'm obviously not the only one. I don't want to bag him, I want him to get better, but i'd much prefer Fulton/Heigno/Ellis in the backrow, so until they are all fit who knows who will play. I just think Blair may be more effective off the bench.
PS. When Bell played 80mins at lock he was only averaging 1 missed tackle a game. I'd be happy with that every week.

Post Reply