Benji

ImageImageImage
GNR4LIFE

Re: Benji

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 10:43 pm

Fair call on Gibbs, but i think a lot of people have under-valued Lui's importance due to what he did off the field

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 10:56 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Fair call on Gibbs, but i think a lot of people have under-valued Lui's importance due to what he did off the field
Best 7 since Prince GNR The two of them would of helped two major issues

We would have a functioning backline with Lui and a defensive line that owned a set with Gibbs

dermo

Post by dermo » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 1:25 am

happy tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Fair call on Gibbs, but i think a lot of people have under-valued Lui's importance due to what he did off the field

We would have a functioning backline with Lui and a defensive line that owned a set with Gibbs

Big call on Lui, but in saying that we havn't had a lot of good 7's over the years. IMO the Moltzen/Marshall combo in the back end of 2010 and up until Moltz did his knee was the best 7/6 combo we've had since Prince. When players leave we tend to forget what we disliked in them and only focus on the positives, I mean if you think Benji's defence was bad last night, Lui was twice as bad as that.

Also, on Gibbs where does he fit in to this side? Not in the starting side over Gall and Woods who have been 2 of our best thats for sure, and he isn't a bench player either. Lets not forget that before Bryce left the majority of people on this forum were always complaining about his poor hit ups.

saundo55

Post by saundo55 » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 8:02 am

shane2801 wrote:He has always been the most overrated player in the game.. period. It's great to see I'm not the only one that sees it now.
What a ridiculous comment
He is not playing well no doubt - but most overrated player in the game leads me to think you must not watch many games

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 8:09 am

Sheens needs to seriously stop thinking of the halves as an afterthought, "Oh we'll just put so & so there...that'll do."
Its been neglected for far too long....I know injuries have contributed indirectly.....his shuffling of four spots to repair one really leaves me scratchin my head

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 9:00 am

The halves are pretty much the no 1 problem in our squad.

Benji needs to play at a high level - he has the ability and has been one of the best players in the game. He needs to do that consistently. I just don't get how hard it is to set-up opportunities for him to run the ball. This should be the no 1 focus then passing then kicking it.

We then need another half who can defend like a demon and help out in attack. I think Sheens should have stuck with Benji and Moltz in the halves all season. The flipping around means now going into round 19 we have a set of halves that look like they can't tackle and don't know what they are doing.

artful dodger

Post by artful dodger » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 12:14 pm

Blakeeeeeee wrote:Never seen him play that bad, HORRENDOUS game from him. He was our worst player tonight

Only horrendous!! I think it was an absolutely disgraceful performance that lacked heart & more disappointing than that was his commitment to the jersey.
I just wonder if Benji should continue, on his excessive media commitments while he continues to let us fans down each week with performances like he offered up against a mediocre dogs performance.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 4:13 pm

hellman wrote:The halves are pretty much the no 1 problem in our squad.

Benji needs to play at a high level - he has the ability and has been one of the best players in the game. He needs to do that consistently. I just don't get how hard it is to set-up opportunities for him to run the ball. This should be the no 1 focus then passing then kicking it.

We then need another half who can defend like a demon and help out in attack. I think Sheens should have stuck with Benji and Moltz in the halves all season. The flipping around means now going into round 19 we have a set of halves that look like they can't tackle and don't know what they are doing.
The Sironen/Marshall combination is 3 from 4, before he Siro got hurt we were all lauding that combination as the future.
Im still confident that is the answer.

Robbie, Ellis and Moltz come back in and we are a different side.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 4:25 pm

Goose wrote:
The Sironen/Marshall combination is 3 from 4, before he Siro got hurt we were all lauding that combination as the future.
Im still confident that is the answer.

Robbie, Ellis and Moltz come back in and we are a different side.
i have never seen sirro kick, organise the team, take charge when marshall is tackled etc.
you need someone in the team to do that... your solution is obviously benji to be the organising half, he did it once against canberra.. he cannot do it CONSISTENTLY.
robbie already has too much involvement in the ruck area, in the attack& in the defense to organise.

we need an actual halfback, benji's asset is second receiver.. you're moving your biggest attacking option to fill a spot which has been vacated for 5-6 years.... u credit sheens for the recruitment?? his failure in that department lies in the fact that we have lacked an organising half for 5 years.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Granto87

Post by Granto87 » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 4:36 pm

Cronk at the storm barks orders from the get go, we need a talker at 7 who plans things 2-3 plays a head... Who the answer at 7 is for us i don't know but Benji isn't it. He doesnt play 3 plays ahead he tries to play what is infront of him and at 7 without a creative no 6 that doesnt work.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 4:41 pm

dermo wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Big call on Lui, but in saying that we havn't had a lot of good 7's over the years. IMO the Moltzen/Marshall combo in the back end of 2010 and up until Moltz did his knee was the best 7/6 combo we've had since Prince. When players leave we tend to forget what we disliked in them and only focus on the positives, I mean if you think Benji's defence was bad last night, Lui was twice as bad as that.

Also, on Gibbs where does he fit in to this side? Not in the starting side over Gall and Woods who have been 2 of our best thats for sure, and he isn't a bench player either. Lets not forget that before Bryce left the majority of people on this forum were always complaining about his poor hit ups.
Lui was a poor defender but he would have only improved. Also in the big games he always stepped up. Was just about our best player in both the 2010 and 2011 finals series.

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Mon 09 Jul, 2012 1:09 pm

Moltz and Benj would have been the best combo from the season start - do they even consider this option during training? It boggles me!
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 09 Jul, 2012 4:11 pm

moltzen started the season at 7.. so i assume he trained the entire off season at 7, marshall at 6
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 09 Jul, 2012 4:19 pm

tig_prmz wrote:moltzen started the season at 7.. so i assume he trained the entire off season at 7, marshall at 6
Having no back up fullback forced Moltzen out of the 7.
Still don't know why we didn't give Mitch Brown a decent shot at it before selling him off to the Dogs.