Who should we let go at seasons end

ImageImageImage
willow

Re: Who should we let go at seasons end

Post by willow » Mon 09 Jul, 2012 12:23 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
willow wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
willow wrote:Seriously guys, Heighno, Reddy and Moltzen are all on board for next year. Tuqiri is probably gone after tonight, Humble may not be here, same applies for Bell, Moors and Utai.
Who cares if they are on board, contracts mean nothing, none of them should be here next year if the club is serious about improving.
Ok fine then. So in all seriousness, how many players are the Tigers going to axe at the end of the season?
I would be letting go of Moltzen, Reddy, Heighington, Tuqiri and Humble.
That doesn't really answer the question though HT. Moltzen has just been re-signed for 3 years, he's not going to be axed. Lote may retire which is fine and Humble may be released if he gets an offer elsewhere. Realistically I do not expect Heighno and Reddy to be let go until their contracts expire or they get good offers and seek a release.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 09 Jul, 2012 12:32 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:I found Liam Fults to be particularly Impotent last night...

Very little go forward, and didnt pass the pall at the line.

Kiamma Time.
Really? he was running good lines and had no support. Still gave 110% in defence too.
A+ for effort, but just not troubling the opposition like we need our 2nd rowers to.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 10 Jul, 2012 12:45 pm

willow wrote: That doesn't really answer the question though HT. Moltzen has just been re-signed for 3 years, he's not going to be axed. Lote may retire which is fine and Humble may be released if he gets an offer elsewhere. Realistically I do not expect Heighno and Reddy to be let go until their contracts expire or they get good offers and seek a release.
Moltzen hasn't been re-signed yet, nothing official.

Every other club (including ours) moves players on before their contracts are up, I don't see contracts as an issue.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 10 Jul, 2012 1:40 pm

saundo 55 wrote:Why not sack everyone and play bundaberg cup

Where we're you lot when we were winning - talk about fair weather supporters

Posted using Roar FEED 2012
You have no idea about forward planning do you?

Most of the players mentioned in this discussion could be moved on without any major upheaval.

Heino (definite if we sign Lewis), Lote, Cashmere, Humble (although I do not mind him. He has a go), Reddy, Ayshford, Utai, Moltzen (although may have been re-signed), Moors.

Should keep, Ryan, Benji (although not at half), Farah, Anasta, Blair, Woods, BMM, Lawrence, Sironen, Grant, maybe Fulton,both wingers from the NYC.

Everyone has different opinions about who stays and who goes, but we need to constantly upgrade our players to keep the club strong.

And the most important person who should go is Sheens. Stale ideas, stale delivery at interviews and narrow minded as far as changing out of form players.

ellery schofield

Post by ellery schofield » Tue 10 Jul, 2012 2:00 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
willow wrote: That doesn't really answer the question though HT. Moltzen has just been re-signed for 3 years, he's not going to be axed. Lote may retire which is fine and Humble may be released if he gets an offer elsewhere. Realistically I do not expect Heighno and Reddy to be let go until their contracts expire or they get good offers and seek a release.
Moltzen hasn't been re-signed yet, nothing official.

Every other club (including ours) moves players on before their contracts are up, I don't see contracts as an issue.
do you realise that contracts actually are binding and imbue a financial liability that unless picked up by another club would result in WT still having to pay-out full or partial contract values on any terminated contracts?

any player with a contract for 2013 (i.e. ayshford, heighington, fulton, reddy, humble etc) would need to have already been given permission to negotiate with rival clubs to line up a suitor willing to take over their contracts.

if that hasn't already happened at this stage, they are going nowhere as other clubs will not have adequate salary cap space post-September.

if we release (i.e. terminate) someone and they cannot find a new home, then WT will have to pay-out the contract and seek dispensation from the NRL to not have it count to our 2013 salary cap.