Maybe im jumping the gun but.......

anderson silva

Maybe im jumping the gun but.......

Post by anderson silva » Thu 15 Oct, 2009 5:16 pm

With cayless signing and tuquiri TBA in the coming days i really think that we possess a top 4 team now and a genuine premiership team, there can be no excuses next year with a team like this to field

1.tuquiri
2.Tuiaki
3.Ayshford/brown
4.Lawrence
5.Ryan/daniela
6.Marshall
7.Moltzen

8.Cayless
9.Farah
10.Galloway

11.Ellis
12.Gower
13. Heignington

14.Fulton
15.Moors
16.Gibbs
17.Skandalis/payten/dwyer/mataka and that other pommy back rower we signed that can all fill a bench spot.

we cant use the lack of size excuse anymore as we will have one of the biggest packs going and we may also sign lima according to benny elias (although my info on this is different).

im very hopeful about next season now and if sheens cant get this side to the finals then there is something terribly wrong.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Thu 15 Oct, 2009 5:50 pm

Agree with ur sentiments but Gower wont be starting if at all IMO.

I know all the diehards(myself included) love him but I just dont reckon he is at the standard of the incumbents ie Gibbs/Payten etc.

But I am getting super pumped for next year.

anderson silva

Post by anderson silva » Thu 15 Oct, 2009 6:15 pm

simonthetiger wrote:Agree with ur sentiments but Gower wont be starting if at all IMO.

I know all the diehards(myself included) love him but I just dont reckon he is at the standard of the incumbents ie Gibbs/Payten etc.

But I am getting super pumped for next year.
i think gibbs and payten have run there course as starters for this team, a guy like gower IMO is a must in the team for next season

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Thu 15 Oct, 2009 6:21 pm

I think anyone naming a 17 without Taumata in there is kidding.

The guy will be playing FG.

I also agree that if we sign Tuqiri there really is no excuses anymore. If we miss the 8 again with that team it is beyond pathetic.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Thu 15 Oct, 2009 6:27 pm

I believed we were a top 4 team before we signed Cayless, so yes, i agree, we are certainly top 4 now. Just need to keep Benji and Robbie fit. Our depth is phonemonal, so injuries can only be an excuse if the 2 big guns go down.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Thu 15 Oct, 2009 6:35 pm

1.Tuqiri
2.Tuiaki
3.Ayshford
4.Lawrence
5.Ryan
6.Marshall
7.Moltzen

8.Cayless
9.Farah
10.Galloway

11.Ellis
12. Heighington
13. Fulton

14.Taumata
15.Shirnack
16.Gibbs
17.Lima

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Thu 15 Oct, 2009 6:43 pm

anderson silva wrote:With cayless signing and tuquiri TBA in the coming days i really think that we possess a top 4 team now and a genuine premiership team, there can be no excuses next year with a team like this to field

1.tuquiri
2.Tuiaki
3.Ayshford/brown
4.Lawrence
5.Ryan/daniela
6.Marshall
7.Moltzen

8.Cayless
9.Farah
10.Galloway

11.Ellis
12.Gower
13. Heignington

14.Fulton
15.Moors
16.Gibbs
17.Skandalis/payten/dwyer/mataka and that other pommy back rower we signed that can all fill a bench spot.

we cant use the lack of size excuse anymore as we will have one of the biggest packs going and we may also sign lima according to benny elias (although my info on this is different).

im very hopeful about next season now and if sheens cant get this side to the finals then there is something terribly wrong.

Daniella and Brown should not be picked before a number of others. We have players that run circles around them. Tuqiri will struggle at fullback straight off the bat. Didn't the Fonz say he will be on Tuiaki's wing until the Tank is ready to come back ?
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 15 Oct, 2009 6:46 pm

Balmain Bug wrote: Didn't the Fonz say he will be on Tuiaki's wing until the Tank is ready to come back ?
I highly doubt that, seeing as he isnt even signed with us.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 15 Oct, 2009 7:05 pm

king sirro wrote:I believed we were a top 4 team before we signed Cayless, so yes, i agree, we are certainly top 4 now. Just need to keep Benji and Robbie fit. Our depth is phonemonal, so injuries can only be an excuse if the 2 big guns go down.
Haven't you caught up yet........Why do you think Fitzhenry is coming back..... :o
Balmain Bug wrote:Tuqiri will struggle at fullback straight off the bat. Didn't the Fonz say he will be on Tuiaki's wing until the Tank is ready to come back ?
Coach Sheens has only been quoted as saying fullback....

What's the matter Bug....We signed a Prop....looking at a duel international and a duel Premiership winner and you have nothing to say about recruitment.....What happened to the weekly update thread 2010 Signings from other clubs......8....2 pending
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Thu 15 Oct, 2009 7:42 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote: Didn't the Fonz say he will be on Tuiaki's wing until the Tank is ready to come back ?
I highly doubt that, seeing as he isnt even signed with us.
Hate agreeing with the Fly but he is right here. Sheens said that if we signed Tuqiri he would start on the wing until he adapated back to NRL and would then be shifted to FB.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 15 Oct, 2009 7:48 pm

I must say that doesnt sound like Sheens, talking about where he'd play someone before he was even signed.

I saw Benji mention wing, and some journo suggested it too....cant see Sheens quoted anywhere

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Thu 15 Oct, 2009 8:08 pm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... public_rss" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... public_rss" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Google is beautiful. First article quotes McDonnell, second article quotes Sheens.

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Thu 15 Oct, 2009 8:11 pm

Mate please tell me where you are getting your certain goss about LT , god dam I so hope you are correct. I hope your not jumping the gun

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 15 Oct, 2009 8:34 pm

Not quite what Bug alluded to, but I take your point.

"If he came to us, we would start him on the wing to allow him to get used to the pace of the game again,"

Very unlike Sheens, he's always, "No point talking about hypotheticals and what may or may not be...."

anderson silva

Post by anderson silva » Thu 15 Oct, 2009 9:00 pm

Jasper wrote:Mate please tell me where you are getting your certain goss about LT , god dam I so hope you are correct. I hope your not jumping the gun
tuquiri could be announced as soon as tomorrow, but its more likely within the next 2 weeks, if you hear about a WT press conference it will be about tuquiri signing.

From what ive heard there are a few minor details to be worked out aswell as waiting on conformation from one participant in 3rd party agreements, if he plays league next year it will be for WT like benny said hes 99% gonna be here next year unless something tragic happened in the last few days which i havent heard of.

If you doubt me all i can say is look back in the cayless thread where i confirmed him signing last week, i dont post rubbish reguarding these situations, as i dont like to look like a fool when these things dont eventuate.

Oh and i have it on good word that lima wont be signing aswell, dunno what elias was talkin about today but he wont be signing with us unless melbourne agree to pay 75% of his contract next year and 25% the year after is what im hearing.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Thu 15 Oct, 2009 9:33 pm

anderson silva wrote:Oh and i have it on good word that lima wont be signing aswell, dunno what elias was talkin about today but he wont be signing with us unless melbourne agree to pay 75% of his contract next year and 25% the year after is what im hearing.
If that's true... the longer this goes on the better for us imo Lima will come me thinks
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

alex

Post by alex » Thu 15 Oct, 2009 10:40 pm

Taumata will start the season in the 17 .. most likely at halfback with
1. Moltzen
5. Tuqiri
7. Taumata

maybe after that
1. Tuqiri
5. Ryan/Daniela/Brown
7. Taumata/Moltzen
14. Taumata/Moltzen

every time a thread comes up where we name the team for 2010 i constantly scratch my head as to the signings of Daniela and Brown.

anderson silva

Post by anderson silva » Thu 15 Oct, 2009 11:04 pm

Kaiser wrote:
anderson silva wrote:Oh and i have it on good word that lima wont be signing aswell, dunno what elias was talkin about today but he wont be signing with us unless melbourne agree to pay 75% of his contract next year and 25% the year after is what im hearing.
If that's true... the longer this goes on the better for us imo Lima will come me thinks

i hope he does sign, but with lote signing thats all but taken up our salary cap, we need melbourne to be generous enough to compensate alot of his salary, at the moment i rate it about a 20% chance of lima playing for the tigers NEXT year. but this is one that i wont be upset if my mail is wrong but i highly doubt it.