TOP 8 Next Year

tiger3
Member
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: TOP 8 Next Year

Post by tiger3 » Thu 24 Dec, 2009 2:41 pm

In no specific order:

Titans
Storm
Parra
Souths
Sharks
Tigers
Dogs
Eels

My flashing xmas lights have spoken! Souths V Dogs in GF! I'm putting a dollar on it with the booky!LOL


red dogg
Member
Member
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat 18 Jul, 2009 7:56 pm
Location: northern beaches

Post by red dogg » Thu 24 Dec, 2009 4:35 pm

titans
dragons
tigers
souths
storm
parra
cowboys
bris

dogs
manly
rest r s***

User avatar
Kul
Member
Member
Posts: 5865
Joined: Sat 04 Jul, 2009 12:24 am
Location: Balmain

Post by Kul » Thu 24 Dec, 2009 4:39 pm

Whilst other teams have been progressively losing star players to ESL/Union over the past few years, our squad continues to get stronger and stronger.
I honestly can't find a fault in out backline as each player is in very good form. The forward pack doesn't even need to be thought about as we have quality props with good reserves on the bench. The only questions that remain are who will take the other wing spot and what second rower/hooker combo should be used on the bench.

With that in mind, Tigers top 4 (baring serious injury)
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

User avatar
Buckets of blood
Member
Member
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun 08 Nov, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Buckets of blood » Sun 27 Dec, 2009 4:02 pm

Not very convincing.
.........The forward pack doesn't even need to be thought about .......
Weve added one front rower - one....one thats struggled with form & injury in england - to a squad thats misse dthe semis four years running.
I hope you are right, but quantity (recruits) doesnt equal quality.
Image

---syberian tiger---

Post by ---syberian tiger--- » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 11:32 am

innsaneink wrote:Posted this last month on LU...cant see no reason to change yet


Bulldogs
Dragons
Eels
Manly

Melbourne
Rabbitohs
Tigers
Cowboys

Titans
Broncos
Knights
Panthers
Cowboys
Sharks
Warriors
Raiders
Roosters
y bulldogs ink?


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28336
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 8:46 pm

alien wrote:I don't mean to be mister negative but I can't see how Wests have recruited all that well.

Daniela and Brown are reserve graders.
Taumata has already been sacked from 4 clubs.
Cayless is injury prone, as is Topou.
Fitzhenry :roll:

Wests will be lucky to make the top 8. If we don't make the top 8 then Folkes should take over as Coach in 2011 with Matthew Johns as Assistant Coach.
:lol:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27914
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 11:27 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Kaiser wrote:I believe we will sign both Lote and Lima... if not Lima, we'll retain Galea IMO...

With that... i think the Tigers and the Eels will have too much for most teams next season
  1. Tigers - Recruited extremely well for the first time in 10yrs! Signed good depth along with the formation of some real strike power in the backs with speed and size!
  2. Eels - Recruited well, but how are they under the cap? They could definitely loose key players before the season starts... also I am not sold on Hayne being worth 2mil!!! If they don't win it next season, they won't win it for at least another four.
  3. Storm - They don't seem to suffer injuries! No real depth but as long as Smith, Slater, Cronk and a few forwards stay injury free... they are always going to be a well oiled machine!
  4. Dragons - Strong side and smart side now under Bennett
  5. Dogs - Had a dream run this season... won't make the four but will push for it... I thought they were lucky in a few games this season
  6. Manly - If they keep Orford they will cruise but not have enough to win imo, if they sign Pearce (what I'm hearing...) they won't make the eight
  7. Brisbane - Getting old and have a lot of over-rated, over-paid players... no Hunt means they'll struggle too imo but they'll scrap into the eight i think
  8. Sharks - Recruited well and were crippled by injuries this season. Morris IMO will prove a very good addition to their side in the 9 jersey
    -------------
  9. Cowboys - Lost a few this season and they just seem a very inconsistent side... Gallant will prove a good buy but I think they'll struggle to string wins together
  10. Knights - Poor recruitment and no depth.. a few injuries will hurt them but they are always a side that play the 80mins and the young blokes seem to lift.
  11. Raiders - Could prove me wrong... i think a smokey for the eight... no chance of winning the comp i think... but i always find the raiders the hardest team to predict.
  12. Titans - Have they even brought anyone? No depth, injuries will kill them.
  13. Panthers - As long as Sammut is there... they will leak points... they also seem to be a dysfunctional team in my eyes..
  14. Warriors - Lost all there decent players and kept the duds... They can't seem to attract anyone worth while and with an aging side... I can't see them winning much..
  15. Roosters - These guys are helpless...
  16. Souths - These guys are hopeless... Big BIG forward pack... but they are also a SLOW forward pack... Hopeless back-line will ensure they don't put much on the scoreboard and most teams i think will run rings around these guys...
Souths wont come last...
See.
y bulldogs ink?
Cant remember, probably their recruiting
They did run 2nd last year

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27914
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 11:28 pm

Buckets of blood wrote:Not very convincing.
.........The forward pack doesn't even need to be thought about .......
Weve added one front rower - one....one thats struggled with form & injury in england - to a squad thats misse dthe semis four years running.
I hope you are right, but quantity (recruits) doesnt equal quality.
He turned out well...eh?

User avatar
alien
Member
Member
Posts: 8720
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by alien » Sun 05 Sep, 2010 12:20 am

Geo. wrote:
alien wrote:I don't mean to be mister negative but I can't see how Wests have recruited all that well.

Daniela and Brown are reserve graders.
Taumata has already been sacked from 4 clubs.
Cayless is injury prone, as is Topou.
Fitzhenry :roll:

Wests will be lucky to make the top 8. If we don't make the top 8 then Folkes should take over as Coach in 2011
:lol:
Well I'm glad I was wrong there about where we finished on the ladder but I wasn't wrong about our signings, except for maybe Daniela. At that time Daniela's defense was bad.

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7932
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sun 05 Sep, 2010 6:48 am

Kaiser wrote:I believe we will sign both Lote and Lima... if not Lima, we'll retain Galea IMO...

With that... i think the Tigers and the Eels will have too much for most teams next season
  1. Tigers - Recruited extremely well for the first time in 10yrs! Signed good depth along with the formation of some real strike power in the backs with speed and size!
  2. Eels - Recruited well, but how are they under the cap? They could definitely loose key players before the season starts... also I am not sold on Hayne being worth 2mil!!! If they don't win it next season, they won't win it for at least another four.
  3. Storm - They don't seem to suffer injuries! No real depth but as long as Smith, Slater, Cronk and a few forwards stay injury free... they are always going to be a well oiled machine!
  4. Dragons - Strong side and smart side now under Bennett
  5. Dogs - Had a dream run this season... won't make the four but will push for it... I thought they were lucky in a few games this season
  6. Manly - If they keep Orford they will cruise but not have enough to win imo, if they sign Pearce (what I'm hearing...) they won't make the eight
  7. Brisbane - Getting old and have a lot of over-rated, over-paid players... no Hunt means they'll struggle too imo but they'll scrap into the eight i think
  8. Sharks - Recruited well and were crippled by injuries this season. Morris IMO will prove a very good addition to their side in the 9 jersey
    -------------
  9. Cowboys - Lost a few this season and they just seem a very inconsistent side... Gallant will prove a good buy but I think they'll struggle to string wins together
  10. Knights - Poor recruitment and no depth.. a few injuries will hurt them but they are always a side that play the 80mins and the young blokes seem to lift.
  11. Raiders - Could prove me wrong... i think a smokey for the eight... no chance of winning the comp i think... but i always find the raiders the hardest team to predict.
  12. Titans - Have they even brought anyone? No depth, injuries will kill them.
  13. Panthers - As long as Sammut is there... they will leak points... they also seem to be a dysfunctional team in my eyes..
  14. Warriors - Lost all there decent players and kept the duds... They can't seem to attract anyone worth while and with an aging side... I can't see them winning much..
  15. Roosters - These guys are helpless...
  16. Souths - These guys are hopeless... Big BIG forward pack... but they are also a SLOW forward pack... Hopeless back-line will ensure they don't put much on the scoreboard and most teams i think will run rings around these guys...
Way to be heaps wrong. Man your 15, 14, 13, 12 and 11 all made the 8. Even a chance your 16 still can at the expense of your 6. That's pretty wrong right there.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28336
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 05 Sep, 2010 8:55 am

alien wrote:
Geo. wrote:
alien wrote:I don't mean to be mister negative but I can't see how Wests have recruited all that well.

Daniela and Brown are reserve graders.
Taumata has already been sacked from 4 clubs.
Cayless is injury prone, as is Topou.
Fitzhenry :roll:

Wests will be lucky to make the top 8. If we don't make the top 8 then Folkes should take over as Coach in 2011
:lol:
Well I'm glad I was wrong there about where we finished on the ladder but I wasn't wrong about our signings, except for maybe Daniela. At that time Daniela's defense was bad.
Have you watched Mitch Brown play lately.....take ya blinkers off...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27914
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 05 Sep, 2010 10:04 am

MacDougall wrote:
Kaiser wrote:I believe we will sign both Lote and Lima... if not Lima, we'll retain Galea IMO...

With that... i think the Tigers and the Eels will have too much for most teams next season
  1. Tigers - Recruited extremely well for the first time in 10yrs! Signed good depth along with the formation of some real strike power in the backs with speed and size!
  2. Eels - Recruited well, but how are they under the cap? They could definitely loose key players before the season starts... also I am not sold on Hayne being worth 2mil!!! If they don't win it next season, they won't win it for at least another four.
  3. Storm - They don't seem to suffer injuries! No real depth but as long as Smith, Slater, Cronk and a few forwards stay injury free... they are always going to be a well oiled machine!
  4. Dragons - Strong side and smart side now under Bennett
  5. Dogs - Had a dream run this season... won't make the four but will push for it... I thought they were lucky in a few games this season
  6. Manly - If they keep Orford they will cruise but not have enough to win imo, if they sign Pearce (what I'm hearing...) they won't make the eight
  7. Brisbane - Getting old and have a lot of over-rated, over-paid players... no Hunt means they'll struggle too imo but they'll scrap into the eight i think
  8. Sharks - Recruited well and were crippled by injuries this season. Morris IMO will prove a very good addition to their side in the 9 jersey
    -------------
  9. Cowboys - Lost a few this season and they just seem a very inconsistent side... Gallant will prove a good buy but I think they'll struggle to string wins together
  10. Knights - Poor recruitment and no depth.. a few injuries will hurt them but they are always a side that play the 80mins and the young blokes seem to lift.
  11. Raiders - Could prove me wrong... i think a smokey for the eight... no chance of winning the comp i think... but i always find the raiders the hardest team to predict.
  12. Titans - Have they even brought anyone? No depth, injuries will kill them.
  13. Panthers - As long as Sammut is there... they will leak points... they also seem to be a dysfunctional team in my eyes..
  14. Warriors - Lost all there decent players and kept the duds... They can't seem to attract anyone worth while and with an aging side... I can't see them winning much..
  15. Roosters - These guys are helpless...
  16. Souths - These guys are hopeless... Big BIG forward pack... but they are also a SLOW forward pack... Hopeless back-line will ensure they don't put much on the scoreboard and most teams i think will run rings around these guys...
Way to be heaps wrong. Man your 15, 14, 13, 12 and 11 all made the 8. Even a chance your 16 still can at the expense of your 6. That's pretty wrong right there.
Last years top 4 didnt make the eight at all.
Most peoples would be very very wrong

Post Reply