Brave but Stupid

ImageImageImage
happy tiger

Brave but Stupid

Post by happy tiger » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:52 pm

Brave effort by the boys tonight

They dug in the 2nd half and tackled and tackled and tackled

We had our chances in the second half , but blew field position time and time again

Benji was better tonight but screwed up a lot of chances His defence was improved , but some options were horrible

The pass to Bowen that got the scores back to level just before half time that led to a try at the other end , what tackle was that on ?? 3rd

The really annoying thing was the tries we scored against the Cowboys were simple plays and we tried some extravagant junk at times in the 2nd half when we didn't need it

Can we still make the eight ?? Probably , but it is going to be tough

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:00 pm

Hard to argue but if the pass sticks we probably score.
Thats the way he plays.
Its frustrating but i'd rather be following an exciting team like tge tigers than a team like say saints.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:07 pm

LARDS wrote:Hard to argue but if the pass sticks we probably score.
Thats the way he plays.
Its frustrating but i'd rather be following an exciting team like tge tigers than a team like say saints.
I was up to 4 passes that missed targets by Benji I wouldn't care if they were all under pressure but they weren't

Unacceptable for the NRL halfback really

You'd never see the other top halfbacks have that many

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:10 pm

I love this team. So happy. What's wrong with me?

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:15 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:I love this team. So happy. What's wrong with me?

If you are asking me a question Nothing at all

It just annoys me when we put so much on the line in defence like we did tonight , that we let it go so meekly in attack at times

Field position is gold and we treat it like poop sometimes . It was going to be one of those second halves where if we took the chances we were going to get we could win arguably our greatest ever victory with the injuries we were looking at

It might be sour grapes from myself so soon after a loss , but doesn't everyone else feel as frustrated as I do

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:18 pm

I don't happy. Life is like that. What a courageous performance. There can only be one winner. I felt the spirit tonight. I felt alive.

Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:20 pm

Marshall proved again he is not a halfback.
Terrible last tackle options .
To make matters worse he seems to have gone back to thinking he needs to score every time he touches the ball.

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:23 pm

Its obvious they were playing an up tempo game tonight with alot of ball movement. There was
always going to be errors like that.
I thought they did well.
If it werent for the injuries we win for sure.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 11:42 pm

happy tiger wrote:Brave effort by the boys tonight

They dug in the 2nd half and tackled and tackled and tackled

We had our chances in the second half , but blew field position time and time again

Benji was better tonight but screwed up a lot of chances His defence was improved , but some options were horrible

The pass to Bowen that got the scores back to level just before half time that led to a try at the other end , what tackle was that on ?? 3rd

The really annoying thing was the tries we scored against the Cowboys were simple plays and we tried some extravagant junk at times in the 2nd half when we didn't need it

Can we still make the eight ?? Probably , but it is going to be tough

Best post of the night. Summed up perfectly.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

tiger pom

Post by tiger pom » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 11:58 pm

I hate to see us lose but we cant win every week.i agree that we have underperformed in a lot of games this year but i dont think this was one of them.the effort was as good as we could expect with the injuries we incurred and i for one was proud of my team.

Bazzinator

Post by Bazzinator » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 12:26 am

the flick from benji to bowen before that try was the last so to be honest you cant blame him for trying to keep it alive on the last play obviously was a major turning point in the game but we play by the sword we die by the sword the effort was there but with so many players playing out of position in attack and defence combos and plays will be harder to run with.

also appeared that curtis was given more reign this week than previously so maybe the strucutred some stuff around him this week in attack that went out the window once he went off

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 6:26 am

pretty brave effort in defence, even Benji's defence was much improved, but you'd think with Farah and Marshall still there we would have been able to capitalise in attack in the second half

LCA

Post by LCA » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 6:44 am

Our boys were terrific in their courage and effort. Can't complain about that at all.....proud of them.

My feeling is more of frustration than disappointment...frustration that, when the team needed its genuine stars to be stars, at least one of them, Benji, let them down again.

And he does it in such flamboyant, out-there, high risk ways that, when it doesn't come off, he saps the energy out of the guys who have given everything to give him the opportunity to do one clever thing.

Clever, will do Benj! I doesn't have to be brilliant or stunning or jaw dropping. Just clever......that would be enough.

Glen McWilliams

Post by Glen McWilliams » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 7:12 am

I thought the effort under the circumstances was outstanding. Some guys really stood up. I was expecting the Cows to run away with it in the last quarter but the guys just kept giving in defence. Thurston would have been sick of the sight of them. It was a very tough effort and although we lost I think we can take a lot of positives from it. Yes, there were several errors in attack but that is what happens at extreme levels of fatigue.
Boston Red Sox 2013: Worst to First!
Boston Red Sox 2014: First to Worst...

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 7:30 am

yeah we did a great job of shutting down Thurston, he never seems to get to his best against us

the Cows did butcher a few chances in attack themselves

hellman

Post by hellman » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 8:26 am

LCA wrote:My feeling is more of frustration than disappointment...frustration that, when the team needed its genuine stars to be stars, at least one of them, Benji, let them down again.
Benji was terrible but so was Robbie when it counted. Benji for instance was great defensively. He put a hit on Bowen that stopped a try and he played great in that regards. Robbie had a great first half. Both of them went missing in the second half and they had some good opportunities that they stuffed up.

Our key players stuffed up when the game was on the line.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 9:50 am

That second half last night was the same reason we got knocked out by Warriors last year and Dragons the year prior.

We are an awesome team when running hot, but otherwise we do not respect field position or possession enough. People are afraid of us because of our unpredictability, but that also means in the tight games we are a very good chance of doing something dumb.

We only every play what is in front of us, we never construct anything more than a few tackles in advance.

For example one of the last kicks Robbie put in, the ball from hooker was slow and misdirected, nobody called for it, Farah took a rushed kick that went nowhere. Cowboys weren't that much better with ball in hand but Thurston and Bowen's kicking killed a team already out on their feet. We put no such pressure on them.

rossop

Post by rossop » Wed 25 Jul, 2012 2:10 pm

jirskyr wrote:That second half last night was the same reason we got knocked out by Warriors last year and Dragons the year prior.

We are an awesome team when running hot, but otherwise we do not respect field position or possession enough. People are afraid of us because of our unpredictability, but that also means in the tight games we are a very good chance of doing something dumb.

We only every play what is in front of us, we never construct anything more than a few tackles in advance.

For example one of the last kicks Robbie put in, the ball from hooker was slow and misdirected, nobody called for it, Farah took a rushed kick that went nowhere. Cowboys weren't that much better with ball in hand but Thurston and Bowen's kicking killed a team already out on their feet. We put no such pressure on them.
Could not agree more