Who needs to go

ImageImageImage
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Who needs to go

Post by smeghead » Tue 04 Sep, 2012 1:44 pm

It is easy to say drop a fair few players but the reality of the modern game is unless you can find willing takers or the contract is expiring you have the roster you have.

In terms of roster there are a few players I am not a fan of but I find it hard to judge all of them too harshly as they are very much Sheens players, they play the style they are asked to. If you want an example of that the predictable overstated unders pass by Benji is now being done the same way by Miller. Makes it seem it is coached.

Only under a new coaching staff can we assess the next move forward in playing group IMHO

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 04 Sep, 2012 6:49 pm

smeghead wrote:Sheens
Georgalis
Leeds
Skando
Royce (before he even arrives)

Added caveat. Don't promote Payten to NRL coach. He needs time to develop as a coach
In sorry Smeg but I think you have a typo in your post. It's says Skando. Thought you should know. That's all.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 04 Sep, 2012 7:39 pm

Nobody who played with the guys in the team should have any role in the team. That is my opinion.

All season with the excption of guys like Woods & Farah our players have seemed lighter in muscle mass and quicker to tire. Objectively that falls on the shoulders of the strength and conditioning team.

Complete cleanout

willow

Post by willow » Tue 04 Sep, 2012 7:58 pm

smeghead wrote:Nobody who played with the guys in the team should have any role in the team. That is my opinion.

All season with the excption of guys like Woods & Farah our players have seemed lighter in muscle mass and quicker to tire. Objectively that falls on the shoulders of the strength and conditioning team.

Complete cleanout
Agree. Too many teams punched holes through the Tigers this year, and I'm buggered if I can remember any Tigers player who pulled off a big hit this year. The players rarely use their shoulder and it shows with the missed tackles and linebreaks conceded.

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Tue 04 Sep, 2012 8:02 pm

willow wrote:
smeghead wrote:Nobody who played with the guys in the team should have any role in the team. That is my opinion.

Complete cleanout
Agree. Too many teams punched holes through the Tigers this year, and I'm buggered if I can remember any Tigers player who pulled off a big hit this year. The players rarely use their shoulder and it shows with the missed tackles and linebreaks conceded.

Yep, it's a very telling indictment on the people responsible, ie, coaching staff.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

1974semifinal

Post by 1974semifinal » Sat 08 Sep, 2012 4:49 pm

you cant blame Andrew Leeds or John Skandalis for any of this crap.

But Sheens to go. and if Simmons is here take him with you.
First grade payers on contract who need to go because they have not performed and time is up...Moltzen (who gave him that damn contract ) Ayshford..sorry ..not up to it. Blair ( damn...years to go on his contract ) , Heighno, great club man , but times up..( ok ONE more year ) Humble..whats he here for.?..Tuquri..surely he has gone..

With a new coaching style and an injection of speed outside and a half back...things can change.