Predictions For 2013 Were Will We Finish ??

supercoach

Re: Predictions For 2013 Were Will We Finish ??

Post by supercoach » Fri 25 Jan, 2013 9:10 am

Iam not so worried about the loss of two back up props, we have a few others from the u20s \state cup teams and of course a couple of signings we made. They were both inexperienced back up players. Okay it would have been better if they were fit,but better than having a 9/7 or 6 go down. By all accounts they will be back mid season and could be handy than.

As for this season, who knows. Hard to see them up with the big boys after last year,but anything is possible

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Tue 05 Feb, 2013 11:03 pm

Hard to line us up. Few other teams look well settled and experienced. We are on the 10th line of betting for a reason. The reason being we have underperformed 5 of the last 7 years with a number of these players. I dont except just because Sheens is gone all of a sudden all is well. Players need to take responsibility.!!

The only weak teams I see are the Titans, Dragons, Panthers and Eels. We will finish above those teams. The rest comes down to injuries and ref interpretations and how the squad responds to Potter. On paper I still think we can make the 8 however Im starting to doubt whether this squad ha the mettle to turn things around. It is very much a year that is alot of questions marks, very hard to predict how we will go.

We do have a huge amount of young talent which bodes very well for 2014-15 seasons. This season will depend on how the likes of experienced players like Marshall, Farah, Tuquiri, Fulton, Blair, Lawcence, Galloway, Anasta etc go. Its still a pretty decent first 17 on paper, however too me the backrow looks unbalanced, the 1 and 7 are young and our defence has been an issue for years.

Honestly anywhere between 4th and 12th would not surprise me. So ill have stab in the middle and say 8th.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Tue 05 Feb, 2013 11:17 pm

I can't see who is going to take us down the field in the forwards and I am not a fan of Miller.
Newcastle in Newcastle will be tough then Penrith and Parramatta who we should beat but who knows. Then Manly and Storm Cronulla twice Brisbane twice.

On paper It's going to be a tough year... but last year on paper we where favorites.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 15 Sep, 2013 11:05 am

snowleopard wrote:Before we pick where we will end up probably better to take a look at the other teams and figure out who is likely to fall from or climb into the top 8?

You would think Storm/Dogs/Eagles would be safe but not sure about the rest. If Bennett does his usual thing the Knights will probably grab one spot, the Tiger Sharks will probably grab another, Cows will probably give it a shake so that leaves only 2. Thoughts?
Very good snow you got 3 - 8

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Tue 17 Sep, 2013 9:24 am

Not many expected second last did they.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Tue 17 Sep, 2013 11:44 am

Knuckles wrote:Not many expected second last did they.
Not many at all, and I think unfortunately we will probably end up in the bottom few next year as well.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Wed 18 Sep, 2013 8:27 pm

Most underestimated the time a drastically different and new coach needs to impact the squad, the level of injuries, the incompetence of assistant coaches as well as the amount of deadwood in the squad. Oh and Boardroom dramas.

If we can fix all that, top 10 is achievable next year.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Wed 18 Sep, 2013 8:48 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
Most underestimated the time a drastically different and new coach needs to impact the squad, the level of injuries, the incompetence of assistant coaches as well as the amount of deadwood in the squad. Oh and Boardroom dramas.

If we can fix all that, top 10 is achievable next year.
I don't accept the injuries excuse because most of the replacements played much better than the guys before they got injured. Galloway the one exception.
Tedesco, Nofo and Simona were three of our best players, and they only got a run because of the injuries to ayshford, Lawrence and Moltzen who were absolutely rubbish.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Wed 18 Sep, 2013 9:26 pm

innsaneink wrote:
snowleopard wrote:Before we pick where we will end up probably better to take a look at the other teams and figure out who is likely to fall from or climb into the top 8?

You would think Storm/Dogs/Eagles would be safe but not sure about the rest. If Bennett does his usual thing the Knights will probably grab one spot, the Tiger Sharks will probably grab another, Cows will probably give it a shake so that leaves only 2. Thoughts?
Very good snow you got 3 - 8
Thanks Ink..but missed 1 & 2

Although we are only one week into the finals the team I am really surprised with is Knights as for me it just shows how much how much difference a coach with experience and a blend of player youth/experience can make at the business end of the year. Looking at our roster next year it seems we are looking to try and get the same blend. The big question for me is will MP have the experience to put it all together

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Wed 18 Sep, 2013 9:51 pm

Yes ... MP is no WB that's for sure.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 18 Sep, 2013 9:55 pm

Knuckles wrote:Yes ... MP is no WB that's for sure.

WB started off slowly as a coach in Brisbane RL

He lost his first 3 GF's from memory

One v Valleys

2nd v Redcliffe

3rd was a record loss to Wynnum

He also lost his first 2 SOO series 85 and 86

Everyone has to start somewhere

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Wed 18 Sep, 2013 10:23 pm

I don't accept the injuries excuse because most of the replacements played much better than the guys before they got injured. Galloway the one exception.
Tedesco, Nofo and Simona were three of our best players, and they only got a run because of the injuries to ayshford, Lawrence and Moltzen who were absolutely rubbish.
Well, we lost Farah and Galloway, Fulton was out for several games and koro played very few games.

And the biggest problem with injuries is not necessarily the quality of players we lost, which was mostly poor, but the impact it has on consistency. If you look at the best clubs in the NRL, Storm, Souths and Roosters you'll also find that they played the least amount of players in the season. A stat in around Round 8-10 gave the 2 teams with least changes to their roster and that was the same as 1st and 2nd on the table at the time and the team with the most changes was us, coming last at the time.

No coincidence that once we got some stability and the youngsters were allowed to find their feet we started doing better, like the Dragons game and even Souths was alright, refs didn't even give us a fighting chance after 20min.

If you remember, Tedesco was very average for his first 5-10 games in attack, alright in defence. Simona also was VERY average until that Panthers game and he'd already played 4-5 games in the season from memory. Siro, another guy who needed time to find his feet as well as his position. He was basically playing 2nd row with a 7 on his back. I could keep going but i'm tired and im sure you get that consistency in a team is key and it destroyed our season and we played some 35 odd players in 1st grade...
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Thu 19 Sep, 2013 8:09 am

pHyR3 wrote:
Well, we lost Farah and Galloway, Fulton was out for several games and koro played very few games.

And the biggest problem with injuries is not necessarily the quality of players we lost, which was mostly poor, but the impact it has on consistency. If you look at the best clubs in the NRL, Storm, Souths and Roosters you'll also find that they played the least amount of players in the season. A stat in around Round 8-10 gave the 2 teams with least changes to their roster and that was the same as 1st and 2nd on the table at the time and the team with the most changes was us, coming last at the time.

No coincidence that once we got some stability and the youngsters were allowed to find their feet we started doing better, like the Dragons game and even Souths was alright, refs didn't even give us a fighting chance after 20min.

If you remember, Tedesco was very average for his first 5-10 games in attack, alright in defence. Simona also was VERY average until that Panthers game and he'd already played 4-5 games in the season from memory. Siro, another guy who needed time to find his feet as well as his position. He was basically playing 2nd row with a 7 on his back. I could keep going but i'm tired and im sure you get that consistency in a team is key and it destroyed our season and we played some 35 odd players in 1st grade...
But what I am trying to tell you is that prior to the injuries we were still absolutely hopeless. If there had of been no injuries we would have remained hopeless (albeit consistently hopeless). Even though the young guys struggled they were still playing better than the people they replaced.

BTW, If you are using Fulton being out for a couple of games as a reason for our bad year you are severely clutching at straws. Fulton tries his heart out every game but he's a fringe first grader (at best).

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Thu 19 Sep, 2013 8:53 am

Fulton tries his heart out every game but he's a fringe first grader (at best).

righto mate.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Thu 19 Sep, 2013 9:13 am

A fringe first grader ???
Must be watching a different player.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Thu 19 Sep, 2013 10:50 am

That's just my opinion. If everyone in the team had his attitude we would have won a lot more games, but realistically he's too small to play in the forward pack and doesn't offer anything in attack.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 19 Sep, 2013 10:51 am

avocadoontoast wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:

But what I am trying to tell you is that prior to the injuries we were still absolutely hopeless. If there had of been no injuries we would have remained hopeless (albeit consistently hopeless). Even though the young guys struggled they were still playing better than the people they replaced.

BTW, If you are using Fulton being out for a couple of games as a reason for our bad year you are severely clutching at straws. Fulton tries his heart out every game but he's a fringe first grader (at best).
Avocado you and Watto should go and start your We Hate Liam Fulton Party for the next Federal Election for the Senate

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Thu 19 Sep, 2013 10:58 am

Since when did I say I hate him? I think it's more that you guys rate him as some sort of superstar and he just isn't!