Predictions For 2013 Were Will We Finish ??

happy tiger

Re: Predictions For 2013 Were Will We Finish ??

Post by happy tiger » Thu 19 Sep, 2013 11:02 am

avocadoontoast wrote:Since when did I say I hate him? I think it's more that you guys rate him as some sort of superstar and he just isn't!
No don't think he is a superstar either , but he would be the first person I'd pick at the club to get down and dirty in the trenches with

Every club has one

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 19 Sep, 2013 11:07 am

happy tiger wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:Since when did I say I hate him? I think it's more that you guys rate him as some sort of superstar and he just isn't!
No don't think he is a superstar either , but he would be the first person I'd pick at the club to get down and dirty in the trenches with

Every club has one
x2, I think most fans would concede he is far from a superstar, but he plays to his strengths and plays regularly well. The difference between a great game and a bad game from him is minimal.
Just because it's soap doesn't mean it's clean.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

piquet339

Post by piquet339 » Thu 19 Sep, 2013 11:49 am

+1 on Fulton being a fringe first grader. Watched him carefully in a few games this season and he missed many key tackles. He made some good ones as well but that is his job after all. His plight is helped that most other Tigers players have the same defensive deficiencies. Put it this way, if we offloaded him, who would pick him up? Parra? Dragons? They have similar problems to us...
"Everyone is a genius at least once a year; a real genius has his original ideas closer together."
- Georg Lichtenberg (1742-1799)

Ed Reschs

Post by Ed Reschs » Thu 19 Sep, 2013 1:18 pm

Not many fringe first graders play 10 years in the top grade, win a comp and play rep footy. He also captained an SG Ball side of note to a premiership.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Thu 19 Sep, 2013 2:17 pm

Not many fringe 1st graders are worth $360k on dream team. 20k less than sam burgess and 10k less than woodsy (just looking at my team's forwards).
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Thu 19 Sep, 2013 3:19 pm

pHyR3 wrote:Not many fringe 1st graders are worth $360k on dream team. 20k less than sam burgess and 10k less than woodsy (just looking at my team's forwards).
Wow. Are you really justifying your argument based on dream team values? Now THAT is clutching at straws!

kingbeej

Post by kingbeej » Thu 19 Sep, 2013 4:52 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:Not many fringe 1st graders are worth $360k on dream team. 20k less than sam burgess and 10k less than woodsy (just looking at my team's forwards).
Wow. Are you really justifying your argument based on dream team values? Now THAT is clutching at straws!

Dream team values are actually a fairly accurate piece of evidence at a players worth to the team. Tackles, assists, missed tackles, errors, tries, etc.., they're all counted and very well weighted together to establish a players all round worth. And if you look at the top players in DT this year, Burgess boys, SBW, Thurston, Reynolds, GI, Cam Smith, Corey Parker, there is a trend of them being all being the best in the league.

Fulton had an average year this year, and it was reflected in DT price (lost me some valuable monies too), but to back up an arguement with DT prices is really a valid point of evidence IMO.