Mistakes by Rookie Coach cost us!

ImageImageImage
happy tiger

Re: Mistakes by Rookie Coach cost us!

Post by happy tiger » Sat 30 Mar, 2013 11:40 am

Irvine wrote:
Yossarian wrote: Well it was vital last night. As soon as they got down our end a well placed bomb leads to a try. When we were down their end our bombs were being caught by Joel Reddy 10m out from their line. A better placed bomb and maybe he scores.
Exactly there one bomb was perfect..right on the mark. Ours were terrible.
Their one bomb was perfect alright

Perfectly touched by Lyon

Unfortunately that is the issue with 2013 Tigers , we need the refs to get all the calls right to be competitive

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sat 30 Mar, 2013 12:53 pm

Just watched the interview with Robbie and Harry. It's a good thing Robbie was out there as Harry talked rubbish. He claimed that he didn't want to take Robbie off but the indications were that he was tired and needed a break. Where did these indications come from? Not from Robbie. He didn't have the courage to admit that it was his idea and it was a very bad one!

Robbie went off at 4-0 and came back at 14-0. That's all there is to it, it was a stupid mistake.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

Post by Guest » Mon 01 Apr, 2013 6:59 pm

I thought it was a very strange decision, but it didn't cost us the match.

We has ten thousands sets in a row and couldn't score in the first 15 or so.

And it didn't cost us the 2 tries, they weren't scored where Farah would be defending, plus if one man comes off and we can't tackle any more, seriously how poor is that?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 01 Apr, 2013 7:10 pm

Paris Cobbs wrote:Just watched the interview with Robbie and Harry. It's a good thing Robbie was out there as Harry talked rubbish. He claimed that he didn't want to take Robbie off but the indications were that he was tired and needed a break. Where did these indications come from? Not from Robbie. He didn't have the courage to admit that it was his idea and it was a very bad one!

Robbie went off at 4-0 and came back at 14-0. That's all there is to it, it was a stupid mistake.
The indication of needing a break is NEVER gonna come from Farah. If he was a fast bowler he'd bowl himself from both ends.

Blotto

Post by Blotto » Mon 01 Apr, 2013 10:07 pm

The main point is the Tigers didn't score when they had all the possession and yes they suffered the same handling errors as Manly did cause of the rain! You just know its going to come back and hurt you later in the match, when things are not going right the Officials wrong calls are magnified another fact of life! Farah going off made no difference for the time he was off (compared to Ennis missing about 50-60mins of the Dogs match now that did affect them) Benji is being part of the problem because he is not taking ownership of the way the Tigers play, when he drifts the Tigers drift! Tedesco was a bit unlucky coming back first game out of position and no protection/help when needed (then again he could have been on Storms right wing against the Broncos, the big difference is their attack is working and that's a real big plus!) It be will a roller coaster season for the Tigers no matter which Coach is in charge (Knights didn't have a sparkling season last year despite Benny's credentials)

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Mon 01 Apr, 2013 11:33 pm

It was definitely a shock decision but it didn't cost us the game and in hindsight I think it was probably a move that was bound to happen. I imagine Potter was thinking ahead about Origin, we only have Iosefa as our most logical option and Potter was trailing it. Unfortunately Manly saw the time frame as their chance to manipulate our defence, Iosefa is a lazy defender and gave opportunity to the opposition.

I can't think of any other reason to travel with a back-up hooker. Either Farah wasn't 100%, or something happened the previous week or the coach is deliberately planning something. It certainly wasn't due to discipline unless he has a crystal ball to determine it.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Tue 02 Apr, 2013 8:14 am

innsaneink wrote:
bonstonker wrote:it's one thing to take of farah,but to replace him with a player who isn't first grade material is dumb.
What would be dumb is if Potsy doesnt learn from it....and persists with the move.

That said there are only so many options and when they all begin to prove futile, then what?

I think can see what he intended given the conditions.
what concerns me,is the first thing he actually changes this year,was playing time for one of our most consistent players and captain.
i could understand being forced to because of injury,but cmon,this was his first serious move with this roster.

:wtf

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Tue 02 Apr, 2013 10:20 am

bonstonker wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
bonstonker wrote:it's one thing to take of farah,but to replace him with a player who isn't first grade material is dumb.
What would be dumb is if Potsy doesnt learn from it....and persists with the move.

That said there are only so many options and when they all begin to prove futile, then what?

what concerns me,is the first thing he actually changes this year,was playing time for one of our most consistent players and captain.
i could understand being forced to because of injury,but cmon,this was his first serious move with this roster.

From what I understand Potter had been living in UK for at least the last couple of years. The last thing that would have entered his head during these years was that he would be coaching Wests Tigers in 2013. As a result he is likely to have gained only basic knowledge of the way the current team players had played during these years. This shortcoming showed up clearly last week when he replaced Farah with an inappropriate player. This selection blinder would have been clear to any fan who has followed West Tigers. Unfortunately it was not clear to Potter at the time and I not sure that it is clear to him now.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 02 Apr, 2013 8:44 pm

Newtown wrote:
bonstonker wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

From what I understand Potter had been living in UK for at least the last couple of years. The last thing that would have entered his head during these years was that he would be coaching Wests Tigers in 2013. As a result he is likely to have gained only basic knowledge of the way the current team players had played during these years. This shortcoming showed up clearly last week when he replaced Farah with an inappropriate player. This selection blinder would have been clear to any fan who has followed West Tigers. Unfortunately it was not clear to Potter at the time and I not sure that it is clear to him now.
Surely Potter would have gone through and watched the last 2 or so years of WT games once he was appointed coach? Bellamy would have watched them all in slow-mo if he was in the same postion.
Worst move he could have possibly made was to bring Robbie off at that time. The people that are saying it didn't cost us the game are probaly right, we couldn't crack Manly while Farah was out there but we most surely weren't going to win the game while he was off the field. Bonehead decision by Potter.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 03 Apr, 2013 7:11 am

Potters used to making mistakes....just look at his hair

TIGERS

Post by TIGERS » Wed 03 Apr, 2013 1:11 pm

Gutsy move from Potter... taking Robbie off.
There has to be more to it than "Farah being tired"
Teams do not go physically flat, they go mentally stale...