Plenty of Positives

ImageImageImage
the third

Plenty of Positives

Post by the third » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 11:29 pm

You should drink the other half glass mate.

They had zero ball for 25 mins we had the best on ground and couldn't come close to scoring a point. We score 10 points game over.

A good, No average Side would have won that. It was a mentally weak effort tonight.

The stats levelled out because we had nothing at the end despite having all the ball for most of the first half. WTF

Even if we make the semis we offer nothing based on that. Mentally soft. Pay cash and buy hard men to replace they boys we have.

Pathetic effort

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 1:14 am

The only positives are:

1. I worked tonight and missed the game.

2. I recorded the game and my only chance to watch it before Tuesday would've been right now which would've meant a 3am finish for the day. Given the score though I will get what is now an earlier nights sleep.

LCA

Post by LCA » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:29 am

"It was a mentally weak effort tonight." I agree completely, mate.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 10:35 am

For some, the glass is always half full, it seems....

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 8:02 pm

No positives for mine. Manly were absolutely terrible for the first 30 minutes and we couldn't crack them, we won't get too many opportunities served up on a plate like that and we couldn't take advantage at all. Any half decent team would've scored at least 2 tries in that opening period.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 8:22 pm

The positives were;
1. The team can improve if Potter has the guts to make the obviously needed changes to personnel.
2. No coach can continually keep making the coaching errors which Potter has been busy doing.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 30 Mar, 2013 1:52 pm

I agree with the OP about the positives. Sometimes you gotta look past the scoreline.
Games like the other night are to expected against the top sides early on this year for a few reasons.
We have a new coach.
Our two playmakers have never played for another club coach in their career and will need to adjust.
We have a new halves partnership, one a rookie and Marshall learning his natural game that he's had coached out of him.
An new emphasis on defence which will now take time to instaill in to our players.

We were never going to click early on. The important thing is to keep the wins ticking over against the likes of Parra/Penrith to keep in contention for later in the year.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 30 Mar, 2013 6:04 pm

Can see where you are coming from gallagher but the game was there for the taking if we had just converted a few of those numerous early chances...it was a golden opportunity to get an unexpected 2 points which will come in massively handy at season's end.

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 31 Mar, 2013 9:21 am

ragedmachine wrote:Wow, you probably have it in you to write positives about the labor government.

I admire that!
It's not hard mate, you just contrast them with the buffoons on the other side....Abbott, Bishop, Pyne, Brandis, Morrison et al. God help us if they ever win an election. Our whingeing about our footy team will be minor by comparison to the upheaval of the decent Australia we know today if they ever govern us.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 31 Mar, 2013 10:09 am

tell me about it LCA...
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 31 Mar, 2013 10:36 am

Fade To Black wrote:Can see where you are coming from gallagher but the game was there for the taking if we had just converted a few of those numerous early chances...it was a golden opportunity to get an unexpected 2 points which will come in massively handy at season's end.
I see that as a positive. We must have played well early in the match to get those chances. If the players and coach look postively they will see and work on how to convert those chances. I have faith that they will.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 31 Mar, 2013 10:37 am

Newtown wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:Can see where you are coming from gallagher but the game was there for the taking if we had just converted a few of those numerous early chances...it was a golden opportunity to get an unexpected 2 points which will come in massively handy at season's end.
I see that as a positive. We must have played well early in the match to get those chances. If the players and coach think positively they will focus and work hard at how to convert such chances. I have faith that they will.

you know who

Post by you know who » Sun 31 Mar, 2013 2:27 pm

The only positive was the full time whistle and we couldnt embarrass ourselves anymore and we also seen that mick potter doesnt cut the mustard usually when a new coach comes in he makes an impression but he seemingly hasnt yet we have had two off our worst performances under him i hope he gets better but i think me might be in the terry lamb class :sign
:

TigerMc

Post by TigerMc » Wed 03 Apr, 2013 9:45 pm

Yeah agree a few positives - We didn't let in any real soft tries! Did anyone see the Penrif game...how a prop gets run over the top of (Bird over Grant!!) so easily I'll never know... Manly stretched the ball right to the side line & caught a makeshift winger out of position - the last try to Matai was soft (was the 80th minute). Anyhows if Tim Grant gets a start over Woodsy for Origin this year ill run onto the pitch at Anz #starkers. Woods also ran over the top of him to score in Rd 2! In summary a good defensive effort, with atleast 2 avoidable tries with a bit of polishing by Royceys defensive drills!

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Wed 03 Apr, 2013 10:09 pm

This week Anasta will improve the 1/2 and 5/8 area defence which has been very vulnerable. Tedesco looked all at sea on the wing last week but if has gained a little more nouse as to how to defend on the wing then this week Wests Tigers will put in a much improved backline defensive effort. This is assuming that Chris Lawrence has fully recovered from the effects of a hamstring strain which appears to have botheed him over the past few weeks.