Lawrence???

ImageImageImage
DonnyBrasco

Lawrence???

Post by DonnyBrasco » Wed 10 Apr, 2013 10:01 pm

Interesting link to an article on hip injury and recovery http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2409980/

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Tigers for 2022!

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Thu 11 Apr, 2013 8:49 am

The problem has been there all season and big chunks of last on that left edge.

There is only one constant on that left edge in that time and it is Lawry. Every other has changed around on that edge in that period and he has been the constant.

The same hole is there every game and it appears after a certain elapsed time every game.

If you cannot defend at centre for 80 minutes you shouldn't be named as a centre. I am afraid it is that simple. Asking a team which is under fatigue to carry that extra burden of a guy who looks like a lame thoroughbred at times is too much to ask.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 11 Apr, 2013 9:04 am

smeghead wrote:The problem has been there all season and big chunks of last on that left edge.

There is only one constant on that left edge in that time and it is Lawry. Every other has changed around on that edge in that period and he has been the constant.

The same hole is there every game and it appears after a certain elapsed time every game.

If you cannot defend at centre for 80 minutes you shouldn't be named as a centre. I am afraid it is that simple. Asking a team which is under fatigue to carry that extra burden of a guy who looks like a lame thoroughbred at times is too much to ask.
x 2 We have enough issues with our defence to then have to cover Lawrence when he is out of steam

Can't work out though why he is running out of steam though ,you'd think with all the hard work he puts in he'd have no problems with fitness

If this is from the cumulitve effect of all the injuries and he is struggling through the pain barrier at about the 60 minute mark we can't afford to carry him anymore on or off the field

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Thu 11 Apr, 2013 9:12 pm

I have to open with half an apology, to Goose. I watched that game a few times now, the last trying to capture stop frames to show Lawrence making poor decisions, not moving with the line, etc, and realised I had mixed 3 different plays together when trying to make my point. I apologise for the confusion. Not fo the point though, however poorly i conveyed it.

I have a feeling that Lawrence tires himself out over-playing his defensive role. He puts alot of effort into tackles he doesnt aid which allows second phase play that hurts us. He isnt lazy, or even unfit, I think it is that he cannot read the play and slide defence, and often defends up and in when he needs to back up and read the play. Problem is by now he should know when numbers are against us by instinct, as he ages the balance of football comprehension vs. phsyical degradation should be tipping towards the former, yet he seems to be going backwards mentally.

I dont hate on a bloke with experience who is physically deteriorating. Unfortunately its the other way around.