The 3rd third of the season.

Buckets of blood

The 3rd third of the season.

Post by Buckets of blood » Tue 19 Jan, 2010 7:21 pm

Thinking back to Parras late season surge last year, and our very own victorious period during the same time in 2005, I looked at the draw to see just what we have in store.
I included rd 18 as its a home game, the first of 2 in a row the see us head into our last nine games.

5 home games

* Gold Coast @ Cambo
* Cowboys @ Leichhardt
* Sharks @ Leichhardt
* Penrith @ Cambo
* Storm @ Leichhardt

4 away games

* Manly at Gosford which has previously been discussed & most seem to think thats favourable for us.
* Souths at ANZ....an old ''home''...we know our way around there pretty well.
* Parra at Parra - tough more than likely
* Titans away, the only real road trip, though weve had success there before and the fans that do travel get there in big numbers.

I can see us winning most of those, if not all....of course its all speculative.

After 17 rounds last year Parra had racked up 5 wins, a draw & two byes...yet made it to the big one
After 17 rounds in 05, we were 8 wins and a bye ( we were 2 wins into the streak)...you know the rest.

I know things rarely go as thought out or planned, but I think/hope if we can keep in touch with the frontrunners at week 17....we may have a good shot at the top 4. All five homers at the traditional grounds, a couple of away games at grounds we like. It seem to augur well.

The two byes at rounds 9 and 14 are well placed too imo, they almost split the season into three evenly, ( with a small mid section :o ) though the back third where hopefully we are in form and on a run is the largest and looks most favourable to imo.

Could be good odds wise too, if we start a little tough for those that like a flutter...dont lose faith if its not smooth sailing early.....the third 3rd is where it happens baby!

:sign:
click to enlarge

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Tue 19 Jan, 2010 8:39 pm

Hopefully we will not be under pressure at this stage of the season for a change! Can always hope we are top of the table come round 18 who knows!

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Tue 19 Jan, 2010 9:02 pm

sharks in leichardt should be a sell out.

Eye Of Wests Tigers

Post by Eye Of Wests Tigers » Tue 19 Jan, 2010 10:11 pm

I love that all our home games for the back end of the season are at the spiritual home ground of Liechardt, our little fortress as well as Campbo where we always put in a great game because its great grounds to be at and the atmosphere is electrifying pumps the boys up :)

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 19 Jan, 2010 11:11 pm

Pretty decent run home......I just hope we win the games that Tim likes to refer too.....as a win or lose HERE won't affect if we make the 8 or not..........Here's a tip Sheensy......THEY DO!!!!!!!!!!
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 02 May, 2010 9:37 pm

We need four hopefully five wins outta the next 7 - puts us on about 20 points - before the back third, hopefully we keep in touch, not impossible but boy we really need to start again

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 8:59 pm

Were on track....4 wins and a bye since the roosters loss sees us on 20pts

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 8:27 pm

Buckets of blood wrote:Thinking back to Parras late season surge last year, and our very own victorious period during the same time in 2005, I looked at the draw to see just what we have in store.
I included rd 18 as its a home game, the first of 2 in a row the see us head into our last nine games.

5 home games

* Gold Coast @ Cambo Image
* Cowboys @ Leichhardt Image
* Sharks @ Leichhardt Image
* Penrith @ Cambo Image
* Storm @ Leichhardt Image

4 away games

* Manly at Gosford which has previously been discussed & most seem to think thats favourable for us. Image
* Souths at ANZ....an old ''home''...we know our way around there pretty well. Image
* Parra at Parra - tough more than likely Image
* Titans away, the only real road trip, though weve had success there before and the fans that do travel get there in big numbers.

I can see us winning most of those, if not all....of course its all speculative.

After 17 rounds last year Parra had racked up 5 wins, a draw & two byes...yet made it to the big one
After 17 rounds in 05, we were 8 wins and a bye ( we were 2 wins into the streak)...you know the rest.

I know things rarely go as thought out or planned, but I think/hope if we can keep in touch with the frontrunners at week 17....we may have a good shot at the top 4. All five homers at the traditional grounds, a couple of away games at grounds we like. It seem to augur well.

The two byes at rounds 9 and 14 are well placed too imo, they almost split the season into three evenly, ( with a small mid section :o ) though the back third where hopefully we are in form and on a run is the largest and looks most favourable to imo.

Could be good odds wise too, if we start a little tough for those that like a flutter...dont lose faith if its not smooth sailing early.....the third 3rd is where it happens baby!

:sign:
click to enlarge
Last edited by innsaneink on Mon 30 Aug, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 4:47 pm

Something of a pattern seems to be emerging

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 9:22 pm

And now a Image where we needed one in the ''away games'' column

W W L W L W W

Last 7 games: 5/2
F - 178
A- 160

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 9:45 pm

Geez that Buckets of blood bloke is pretty cluey....

Don't lose faith....bang on!!!!!
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 30 Aug, 2010 4:41 pm

6/2....lovin all them green ticks, one more to go.