Jimmy Tedesco

ImageImageImage
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Jimmy Tedesco

Post by smeghead » Sat 04 May, 2013 9:36 am

Growing into the role in the team. Still a bit gunshy to stretch out in traffic but it will come

barra

Post by barra » Sat 04 May, 2013 11:16 am

Any way you look at it he had a great full game playing #1.

I mean, how easy would it have been for him to go missing? But he didn't, and for instance late in the game he backed up perfectly to score the team's ONLY try of the night. His stats show more than Moltzen has - much more.

Of course he is no Billy bl@#dy Slater (yet) but it is great to see him start to show in NRL what we saw in NYC.

Right now we would be in even worse trouble if we didn't have him!

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sat 04 May, 2013 11:21 am

Has cut out his mistakes and is getting back to his old form. Looks a bit lost out there at times,,goes from one side of the field to the other looking for opportunity but there doesn't seem to be any plan or moves around him.

Do you have the Sheens play book Potter get that out and lets see some moves involving the fullback.

You can see Farah and him have formed a bit of a combination the same needs to happen with Marshall.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sat 04 May, 2013 11:25 am

Tedesco's stats were better than Barba's and Corey Norman's last night and he was nearly as good as GI in stats.

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sat 04 May, 2013 11:25 am

MacDougall wrote:Billy Slater would have done no better than Teddy last night. I'm telling you he will blow minds behind team that wins. Could be this week because the Sharks are hopeless and are our bunnies.
I don't know, I think we are just as hopeless as the Sharks

But Teddy certainly isn't far behind Billy Slater, when he was at this age. I just hope our management can realise that we need to hang onto him. I'm afraid he will be getting offers thrown at him, and in a beaten side week in, week out, he probably won't hesitate on a decent offer.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Milky

Post by Milky » Sat 04 May, 2013 11:26 am

kh_canada wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Billy Slater would have done no better than Teddy last night. I'm telling you he will blow minds behind team that wins. Could be this week because the Sharks are hopeless and are our bunnies.
I don't know, I think we are just as hopeless as the Sharks

But Teddy certainly isn't far behind Billy Slater, when he was at this age. I just hope our management can realise that we need to hang onto him. I'm afraid he will be getting offers thrown at him, and in a beaten side week in, week out, he probably won't hesitate on a decent offer.
Yep instead of worrying about Benji we should worry about Tedesco and Marika.

barra

Post by barra » Sat 04 May, 2013 11:32 am

^^
Thing is, these young blokes that we need to keep probably like playing alongside Benji!

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 04 May, 2013 12:33 pm

He looked okay last night. He knows he has the whole season at fullback if he stays fit which will hopefully allow him to show his talents.

I think everyone has to remember he is coming off a knee reconstruction. It's easy to just say we'll see him next year but until you go through it you don't realize how difficult it is to come back. I'm halfway through coming back from one and its been the toughest thing in my life to do so. He won't have the strength and speed like before the injury ever again. Once you do it, it's never the same. It takes 2 or 3 years to get as close as you possibly can back to where you were. He is playing this year but he's missing the miles in the legs and the sharpness from last season. Just look at Moltzen and how he only really got confident again this year.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

aajlewis

Post by aajlewis » Sat 04 May, 2013 1:30 pm

He out ran barba, and you can tell he enjoys chiming in as much as possible and can take the hits. He made four tackle breaks in one run, this is coming back from that horror injury. He has plenty of promise, give him time and he will be amazing for us

shadow

Post by shadow » Sat 04 May, 2013 4:55 pm

I think a lot of people don't realise he can still play NYC this year
He is still a kid and doesn't look outa place in FG
Only going to get better

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles » Sat 04 May, 2013 11:21 pm

shadow wrote:I think a lot of people don't realise he can still play NYC this year
He is still a kid and doesn't look outa place in FG
Only going to get better

Is that right ? Wow
Still looks restricted a little with that strapping he has but was surprised by his pace to get past Barba. That was his best game so far last night. He looks better every week.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 05 May, 2013 12:36 pm

Someone upload his try to youtube.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 05 May, 2013 12:53 pm

When people are talking about outrunning barba is that during teddy's try? Cause he barely did, barba had caught up to him and half tackled him over the line.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 05 May, 2013 6:44 pm

Funny you say that cause Teddy is similar to Billy. The ball running, the support play ..

We havent had a fullback like this in Years.. We had Hodgo but my God Teddy is more there in support than Hodgo was.. Mind you Hodgo was one of the best we had..

Real good effort from him. No care for self preservation like we see from Molz..
Pat on the back to Teddy.

Post by Guest » Mon 13 May, 2013 9:42 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:

Funny you say that cause Teddy is similar to Billy. The ball running, the support play ..

We havent had a fullback like this in Years.. We had Hodgo but my God Teddy is more there in support than Hodgo was.. Mind you Hodgo was one of the best we had..

Real good effort from him. No care for self preservation like we see from Molz..
Pat on the back to Teddy.
Teddy has a long way to go. He might be able to get, although I am not convinced, but he ain't there yet.