How good is Leichhardt Oval

ImageImageImage
hodgo

How good is Leichhardt Oval

Post by hodgo » Wed 22 May, 2013 9:57 pm

Just watched the preiview done by blocker roach on Leichhardt Oval and the memories come flooding back. If you havent watched it heres the link

Makes you remember what its like to follow the mighty Wests Tigers. Through thick and thin i was a proud magpie and have felt the heart ache that is losing but if anything could turn us around its a packed Leichhardt Oval.

A true fan digs in when its tough and supports the team through rain, hail and shine. We all know its raining but we should all do our bit to help ,especially our young breed, kick start a season that is far from dead.

:sign:
Hodgo

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Wed 22 May, 2013 10:10 pm

Yeah I enjoyed it! I missed the game there earlier in the year so i'm desperate to get back there on Friday. 2 sleeps to go!

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Wed 22 May, 2013 10:42 pm

damnnn....wish i could go! :( i'll be there next year to support the boys, even though right now is when they really need us supporters
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:07 am

A great night at LO to watch the resurgent tiges win... Crowd noise sounded like 15000 fans ... Great atmosphere

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 25 May, 2013 10:40 am

Loved the way the Players came round to the crowd after the game, was standing next to Blair when he climbed up on the fence to kiss his young child , thought it was a very touching moment for him. Just love Leichhardt its a great ground to watch the footy from.

Westie

Post by Westie » Sat 25 May, 2013 11:12 am

I couldn't make to last night's game, but I watched it on TV but there was no comparison in terms of atmosphere, when you compared the 2 games.
On the TV you cold have sworn there were more than double the fans at Leichhardt oval than at ANZ stadium.
Good you fans that braved the elements.

barra

Post by barra » Sat 25 May, 2013 11:26 am

Massive wrap to all who went to the game.

You embodied what being a fan is really all about - bloody well done peeps!!

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sat 25 May, 2013 11:42 am

Was there at LO, loved every minute of it.

Thanks for all you other fans who turned up, we sure made a lot of noise for 7000 people!
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:17 pm

i tip my hat off to all of you that went.

i hope the players had a good hard look at you.

Adman

Post by Adman » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:36 pm

The crowd was anamalistic. You could feel the.. passion... lol at every contentious referring decision.

7k crowd and it was like a fortress we were defending. The rain made it feel like such a battle!

There was no way the Cows had a chance of coming out on top haha!

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 25 May, 2013 6:07 pm

Adman wrote:The crowd was anamalistic. You could feel the.. passion... lol at every contentious referring decision.

7k crowd and it was like a fortress we were defending. The rain made it feel like such a battle!

There was no way the Cows had a chance of coming out on top haha!
For some reason the rain always adds a lot of passion to a game....nothing like getting soaked and screaming yourself hoarse cheering your team to a victory while consuming a few cans! Congratulations to all the hearty souls who braved the wet and our poor form to go to the game last night, the atmosphere sounded great on the telly! :sign:

Lovemytigers

Post by Lovemytigers » Sat 25 May, 2013 7:20 pm

Leichhardt Oval was electric last night. You could tell from the first minute that all of us die hards were there for one thing and one thing only.....to scream the team to victory!
There was no way we were leaving with anything less.
Great night and restored my faith in my fellow 'supporters'.
Go Tigers!

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 26 May, 2013 8:59 am

Just starting to get my voice back.Lol was sitting 3 rows back on the concourse behind the cowgirls bench.We let them know where they were

delpy

Post by delpy » Tue 28 May, 2013 11:27 am

I honsetly think the crowd got the boys home on Friday night. I think a few of them were rather flattered that 7000 turned up in that weather on the back of 7-straight losses. Robbie and the boys did it for the die-hards. I thought the atmosphere was great and well worth the trek in the rain!
Delpy
Wests Tigers Member

wests4life987

Post by wests4life987 » Tue 28 May, 2013 12:22 pm

lost my voice for 2 days from screaming so loud on the hill, was an amazing night with only the die-hards attending. And when David scored the last try and it came up as a try on the big screen the crowd went up as one with randoms hugging randoms, was just a great moment. Rain adds so much more passion to the game. congrats to everyone who got out to the best ground in Sydney !!

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Tue 28 May, 2013 6:19 pm

wests4life987 wrote:lost my voice for 2 days from screaming so loud on the hill, was an amazing night with only the die-hards attending. And when David scored the last try and it came up as a try on the big screen the crowd went up as one with randoms hugging randoms, was just a great moment. Rain adds so much more passion to the game. congrats to everyone who got out to the best ground in Sydney !!
totally agree with this. leichardt is the best ' tribal ' footy ground in sydney bar none. sirro was in a box near to where we were seated and i reckon he jumped as high as anyone when nofa went over in the corner.
huge congrats to all those who were there and to the players who really showed their appreciation to the fans at the end of game. :sign:
I dislike sowfs immensely

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 29 May, 2013 1:30 pm

I remember the days of being a season ticket holder for Balmain and Weststigers from the early 90's , have massive memories going with my Dad , walking up that big Hill from the club LeMontage and how losing became a normality those days but the odd game when we won was a massive celebration , I had the honour of playing for Balmain in S.G Ball and Flegg but wasn't good enough to play any higher , injuries played there part in Flegg but decided on my Qualifications , (no regrets) .
The 1st game I went to see was Round 22 vs Panthers 1989 and packed Leichardt where my old man hoisted me up on the old toilet block on the Hill was standing room only , and my 1st game in S.G ball vs the Roosters at Leichardt there was basically no one there but seeing my Family on the Stand was a special moment .
My ashes will be spread there .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 02 Jun, 2013 4:31 pm

foreveratiger wrote:I remember the days of being a season ticket holder for Balmain and Weststigers from the early 90's , have massive memories going with my Dad , walking up that big Hill from the club LeMontage and how losing became a normality those days but the odd game when we won was a massive celebration , I had the honour of playing for Balmain in S.G Ball and Flegg but wasn't good enough to play any higher , injuries played there part in Flegg but decided on my Qualifications , (no regrets) .
The 1st game I went to see was Round 22 vs Panthers 1989 and packed Leichardt where my old man hoisted me up on the old toilet block on the Hill was standing room only , and my 1st game in S.G ball vs the Roosters at Leichardt there was basically no one there but seeing my Family on the Stand was a special moment .
My ashes will be spread there .
That game was an absolute cracker from a Tigers point of view....we gave an almighty hammering to Penrith that afternoon.
Freeman's individual try, Sirro cracking Geoff Gerard with a thunderbolt right to the head, Bruce McGuire punching 7 shades out of Cartwright, Cartwright getting sent off for his high shot on Benny, man I can picture that game like it was last week. That was when Rugby League was at it's pinnacle IMO. Would of been awesome to have been at LO that day for sure.