Tedesco

ImageImageImage
WestsSupporter

Re: Tedesco

Post by WestsSupporter » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 2:31 am

let's face it Moltzen is a much better attacking fullback than ted. when plays are run he fits in so smoothly.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 7:41 am

WestsSupporter wrote:let's face it Moltzen is a much better attacking fullback than ted. when plays are run he fits in so smoothly.
Maybe at the moment, but Teddy has more attacking potential than Moltz, plus he's already better in defence. I know who I'd rather have under a high ball.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

haberfield tiger

Post by haberfield tiger » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 8:26 am

cant believe same people on here were saying I am happy to see the back of moltzen only 6 months ago are now saying drop teddy and bring moltzen back. Moltzen never ran the ball back with pace. never followed the forwards around and struggled under the high ball. Wow memories so short.. Teddy needs 30- 40 NRL games before we even start seeing his best.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 9:13 am

WestsSupporter wrote:let's face it Moltzen is a much better attacking fullback than ted. when plays are run he fits in so smoothly.
Its not even close at the moment. To hear the criticism regarding Moltzen's support play ability is laughable when Tedesco doesn't receive the same criticism.

Still I prefer Tedesco over Moltzen. Tedesco is safer defensively and gets us a lot more metres.

I just hope he gets some zip back into his game. If he doesn't we will need another fullback option and will have to move him on.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 9:24 am

stevetiger wrote:
Its not even close at the moment. To hear the criticism regarding Moltzen's support play ability is laughable when Tedesco doesn't receive the same criticism.

Still I prefer Tedesco over Moltzen. Tedesco is safer defensively and gets us a lot more metres.

I just hope he gets some zip back into his game. If he doesn't we will need another fullback option and will have to move him on.
Moltzen has no guts, and you need that in a fullback.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 11:32 am

Teddy has shown more heart/guts/commitment than any other fb we've had for some time, and that's something u can't teach. The rest will come as his game developes with experience & i think he should remain part of the new brigade of juniors that we build our team around, i.e. a backline something like this...

1. Teddy
2. Koro/richards
3. Lawrence
4. Simona
5. Nofo

You've got to remember he's only young, has come back from a major injury & has also had other niggling injuries this year. I'm happy for him to stay in 1st's but also wouldn't be against him having a bit of a break in NSW cup. Potter had a bit of a rotation policy with our young forwards so I can't see why it wouldn't work with teddy, i.e. teddy back to NSW cup, Simona to fb, koro back on the wing, etc.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 12:09 pm

Tedesco >> Moltzen

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 1:29 pm

Tedesco needs to develop his passing game if he is going to be our fullback and we're going to use block plays with sweeping fullbacks. At the moment it's quite clear he's a running fullback and there aren't too many fullbacks who are solely running fullbacks that get a long career in first grade.

russelldp

Post by russelldp » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 1:53 pm

Peaches wrote:Tedesco needs to develop his passing game if he is going to be our fullback and we're going to use block plays with sweeping fullbacks. At the moment it's quite clear he's a running fullback and there aren't too many fullbacks who are solely running fullbacks that get a long career in first grade.

I recall people saying that about Billy Slater.

shadow

Post by shadow » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 2:23 pm

russelldp wrote:
Peaches wrote:Tedesco needs to develop his passing game if he is going to be our fullback and we're going to use block plays with sweeping fullbacks. At the moment it's quite clear he's a running fullback and there aren't too many fullbacks who are solely running fullbacks that get a long career in first grade.

I recall people saying that about Billy Slater.

Who said he doesn't have a passing game?
Maybe he has been told not to pass and to just run
It's kind of how you bring 20 year old kids through , you only give them one or two things to concentrate on at a time

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 2:27 pm

He does have a passing game. Showed it against Melbourne. Threw two great passes. One was a try to Nofo and the other dropped by Simona would have also been a try.

Teddy is a solid first grade fullback in the Wade McKinnon (at his peak) mould. All he is lacking at the moment is acceleration. That will come.

Bengal Tiger

Post by Bengal Tiger » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 3:06 pm

Give him time still finding his feet in first grade. Still think he's playing injured! Or he's another Steve Matai ..
Love to see Simona have a crack at fullback.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 4:03 pm

Both are different types of Fullbacks, It will take Teddy a while to come back from his injury & the the bit that makes me worry with him is most times he is tackled he seems to stay down injured. I hate people on this Forum saying that anyone is gutless & i dont think Moltzen is, when he got injured he was one of our better players this year, a lot of people wouldnt know what it is like to play First Grade & how much GUTS you need to just run out there & play.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 4:20 pm

I have said this before. If Tedesco is injured he should not be selected. Simona would then slot into fullback with Koro and Nofo the wingers. Let's hope that another Boy's Club which includes Spence and Tedesco isn't developing at Wests Tigers

Post by Guest » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 4:46 pm

Newtown wrote:I have said this before. If Tedesco is injured he should not be selected. Simona would then slot into fullback with Koro and Nofo the wingers. Let's hope that another Boy's Club which includes Spence and Tedesco isn't developing at Wests Tigers
I don't see how you think spence can be in a boys club? He has just signed with panthers for 2 years...

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 4:53 pm

I agree teddy hasn't lived up to the hype but he has been injured I see no sense in dumping him now let him play out the year get a good off season under his belt and judge him in the first 5 or 6 games next season if there's no improvements look elsewhere.
I just hope the same hype doesn't affect Brooke's, I'd prefer him not to see grade this year and start fresh next season without the Benji factor

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Tue 23 Jul, 2013 11:50 am

The issues that are working against tedesco is that we have been so used to moltzen at the back that the hype around teddy has grown and grown and grown.

There were was never any chance of him meeting those expectations and I will bet that will happen with Brooks and Moses as well.

Give him time and see what he can do.
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris