I'm still angry about that performance

ImageImageImage
tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

I'm still angry about that performance

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 12:38 pm

Club needs to show why members should renew and what more we have in store for next year.

If we don't get excited for next year, it could be bad

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble


User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9376
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 12:42 pm

Yeah I don't know. It was disappointing to lose and last night I was pretty dirty but looking back it was a reasonably even game and the difference was execution. We created a lot of chances but took bad option or dropped the ball. If Liam gets the ball over the line or Lawrence doesn't bat the ball to their fastest player maybe we get the cash.

My thoughts are that we have so many players who are essentially playing their rookie season. These kind of games are probably going to happen the rest of the year and maybe into the start of the next. But those guys out there are clearly improving and so long as there is a long-term plan I can wear these kind of results.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27501
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 12:49 pm

Yeh but from what I could see it wasnt the rookies making the crucial errors, it was the senior blokes

User avatar
Tigerpete
Member
Member
Posts: 1488
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by Tigerpete » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 1:48 pm

Based on the first half we looked a sure thing to win but we capitulated in the second half. A real shame because if we had come out after half time and continued on, i reckon we win that pretty easy. Dropped way too much ball and defended terribly through the middle.

User avatar
pHyR3
Member
Member
Posts: 5048
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 7:11 pm

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 1:54 pm

innsaneink wrote:Yeh but from what I could see it wasnt the rookies making the crucial errors, it was the senior blokes
Between Simona, Nofo and Teddy there were 7 errors. And 2 from Lawrence and Woods each.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."


ball main
Member
Member
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon 28 Mar, 2011 8:20 pm

Post by ball main » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 3:20 pm

We have no back bone. As soon as the tough gets going we get bashed off the park.
It's an all to common thing.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1892
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom

Post by Fraze23 » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 3:37 pm

The forwards were outstanding in the first half. I think playing an aggressive high tempo game, combined with the use of the bench really took its toll. We played with 15 men for 60 minutes.
For me Farah and Marshall really let us down. Things didn't stick around the ruck and we looked quite one dimensional in attack.
I think there are some positives to take towards next year. We're taking a huge gamble on Brooks being a success.

tigerbenji
Member
Member
Posts: 2259
Joined: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 3:53 pm

I think what you have to look @ is how many of our Players would walk into another Team.

User avatar
Blackpearl
Member
Member
Posts: 1340
Joined: Thu 20 Aug, 2009 12:01 pm
Location: The burbs

Post by Blackpearl » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 4:29 pm

tigerbenji wrote:I think what you have to look @ is how many of our Players would walk into another Team.

sharkies would take them all
I dislike sowfs immensely

User avatar
Flippedy
Member
Member
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Post by Flippedy » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 8:03 pm

stryker wrote:
Tbone wrote:That's been the story of the wests tigers so many times over the years. Everything to play for, a very winnable match and they put in a miserable performance. I'm surprised there haven't been any threads before this one making this exact point. I suspect people haven't said more because they are too disappointed or so fed up they don't care now the season has totally fallen apart.
Bingo.
Bingo is right! I couldn't even be bothered coming on here and commenting last night after watching us lose such an important (for all the reasons Happy mentioned above) and winnable game and seeing our season just fly out the back door - there was nothing left to say really :cry:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Westie
Member
Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue 12 Mar, 2013 10:12 pm

Post by Westie » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 8:07 pm

I am angry because they gave up once the warriors hit the lead..

Not sure if I am am the only one but, did you notice Benji's face when Johnson scored ( i think his first try) ..
It was like gees lucky I am leaving this game there is no way I can compete with that.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5183
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 8:22 pm

tiger tragic wrote:I have been and angry and disappointed about a few games this year last nights game and the 2 Broncos games to name a few.
It's obvious this whole saga has affected everyone this year the fans as well as the players.
Hardly anyone has even posted about the game last night everyone is over it.
What a waste of a year and now we have to wait til march next year to get excited about footy again. Very disappointing!!!
Also the SCG Dragons game and last weeks pathetic 1st half against the Sharks. Don't even mention the gutless display versus the Knights.
We lose so many games that we really should win. Good teams beat inferior opposition, those extra 3 or 4 wins are enough to get you into the finals.

laufoofan
Member
Member
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon 24 Sep, 2012 9:05 am

Post by laufoofan » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 9:34 pm

From last night's game, we have a second rate team.

Farah could have been tired, but he lacked consistency in general, that's what distinquish him from Cameron Smith and some other hookers. Maybe he is not tough enough for the NRL but merely playing above himself.

Benji and Blake let themselves down as usual, I have to agree they have to make way for the young ones coming on. Benji is too slow for the NRL, too fat and is in the comfort zone. He should probably try breaking into the media asap. He has a good name there, don't try blaming everyone else for his downfall. Everyone understands that we can never be on the top forever.

Woodsey is good, but I won't rank him in the top 10 prop in the NRL.The way he played so far, he is even behind Fafita. He should try to lift himself up another level. I know he is capable of that, if he really try. He is not making the yardage of a really good prop. Have a look at how Hargraves play, take something out of that.

Tesdeco is improving but still a long way from being a good full back. If only he can make more yardage, otherwise he played above himself at this stage of his career. Kevin Locke shows that he is a much better player than him. I like him because he keeps on trying and if he continues to learn and play well, he is a player of the future. We may need a good fullback now to win games.

Lawrence tries hard as usual. He needs to be better still. The wingers were good. The rest have played an average game.

Potter needs to make the hard decisions now and get ready for next year. The year is gone, so no use perserving with the has been. For the rest of the year, the players will have to play for pride.

brk53y
Member
Member
Posts: 588
Joined: Wed 29 Feb, 2012 7:56 pm

Post by brk53y » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 9:45 pm

laufoofan wrote:From last night's game, we have a second rate team.

Farah could have been tired, but he lacked consistency in general, that's what distinquish him from Cameron Smith and some other hookers. Maybe he is not tough enough for the NRL but merely playing above himself.

Benji and Blake let themselves down as usual, I have to agree they have to make way for the young ones coming on. Benji is too slow for the NRL, too fat and is in the comfort zone. He should probably try breaking into the media asap. He has a good name there, don't try blaming everyone else for his downfall. Everyone understands that we can never be on the top forever.

Woodsey is good, but I won't rank him in the top 10 prop in the NRL.The way he played so far, he is even behind Fafita. He should try to lift himself up another level. I know he is capable of that, if he really try. He is not making the yardage of a really good prop. Have a look at how Hargraves play, take something out of that.

Tesdeco is improving but still a long way from being a good full back. If only he can make more yardage, otherwise he played above himself at this stage of his career. Kevin Locke shows that he is a much better player than him. I like him because he keeps on trying and if he continues to learn and play well, he is a player of the future. We may need a good fullback now to win games.

Lawrence tries hard as usual. He needs to be better still. The wingers were good. The rest have played an average game.

Potter needs to make the hard decisions now and get ready for next year. The year is gone, so no use perserving with the has been. For the rest of the year, the players will have to play for pride.
Lol I read your first paragraph and didn't bother with the rest. Farah not tough enough for nrl? Give yourself an uppercut you muppet.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

1/4 chicken,chips
Member
Member
Posts: 1629
Joined: Sat 30 Jul, 2011 10:28 am

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 9:58 pm

Not tough enough lol.that will do me

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5475
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 10:57 pm

innsaneink wrote:
smeghead wrote:I am doing a Benji.

I have stopped caring about the games anymore. If we win it's nice, if not meh.

I still go to the games and will renew my Season Ticket and hope it improves next year though
Me too.
This season is over for me, and I could see by the first set we had the ball on our 20 and we pushed an unnecesary pass...we are not working towards anything - it will be an eight week, hit and giggle farewell to benji with each week being benjis last *****
That was me too. I wanted to be angry about the performance, but I've seen the same performances for most of the year, so I was more indifferent than anything. Which in hindsight sad, I go made for the footy. Only Tim Simona got my heart rate up last night.

And whilst I am partially sad that Benji is going, man alive I will not miss the number of passes he puts on the ground. They always talk about the champions playing what's in front of them. Benji seems to have forgotten about this, he winds up and executes regardless of what he sees - push passes to Tedesco, dribbles behind his centres, slice kicks out on the full.

Not that anyone else managed much better last night, but I hoped for so much more and should have known better - 2013 isn't one of those years.

But hats off to Liam Fulton, that guy is my 2013 hero, absolutely everywhere in defence, even cutting down Manu around the legs a bunch of times. What a champ.

User avatar
Eye Of Da Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2012
Joined: Wed 16 Jan, 2013 10:49 pm

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 28 Jul, 2013 11:04 pm

They beat a full strength Storm team today. Maybe we shouldn't be that angry

wtigers
Member
Member
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat 13 Jul, 2013 11:17 pm

Post by wtigers » Sun 28 Jul, 2013 11:09 pm

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:They beat a full strength Storm team today. Maybe we shouldn't be that angry
They're an amazing team. They were terrible at the beginning of the season but props to Matthew Elliot for forming a coherent team out of the dribble that walked out in the warriors jersey every week.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Post Reply