Buchanan

ImageImageImage
WestsSupporter

Re: Buchanan

Post by WestsSupporter » Mon 22 Jul, 2013 1:42 pm

Its been hard on him, as he only expected to play a little bit of first grade this year. He has handled it well. I think he has been one of our more solid players.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Mon 22 Jul, 2013 2:03 pm

Newtown wrote:For a young prop thrown the responsibility of first grade it is a little like trying to prepare a two year old racehorse to win the Melbourne Cup. It just doesn't happen.
Doesn't happen ? How old do you think Woods is ?

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 22 Jul, 2013 2:25 pm

At the start of the season I thought here we go again, another light weight plodder, but I now actually think we have a very good player on our books that i actually getting a little better each week.

Strikes me as bloke who is a hard worker and a good learner.Another off season in the gym and some reinforcements in the front row, I think you will see a good player next year

pattyferg

Post by pattyferg » Mon 22 Jul, 2013 3:51 pm

Put size on in offseason, tigers put some faith into him and he will turn into a great work horse of a player. We do need to add a fear factor player, Ava or tapau will most like be this.
Having Buchanan is like having woods on 24/7 which is great.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Mon 22 Jul, 2013 4:51 pm

alexaki wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
citizen cub wrote: Only my opinion, would be interested to here your's.

Cub
I'm not normally one to do this, but that spelling made me cringe.

Interested to hear yours.
Have fun ...there's plenty more where that came from.

?
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 22 Jul, 2013 4:56 pm

Irvine wrote:
Newtown wrote:For a young prop thrown the responsibility of first grade it is a little like trying to prepare a two year old racehorse to win the Melbourne Cup. It just doesn't happen.
He is older than Buchanan. You should ask how old was Groat when he played first grade.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Mon 22 Jul, 2013 5:08 pm

Newtown wrote:
Irvine wrote:
He is older than Buchanan. You should ask how old was Groat when he played first grade.
You said for a young prop thrown the responsibility of first grade it is a little like trying to prepare a two year old racehorse to win the Melbourne Cup. It just doesn't happen.

And i am telling you it does happen and it has happened.

Jack Buchanan (born 10 April 1992) Buchanan made his NRL debut in 2013.
Aaron Woods (born 13 March 1991) Woods made his NRL debut for the Wests Tigers at the start of the 2011.
Are you able to work out for yourself what age Woods would have been ?

I would stay away from horses if I was you.

ball main

Post by ball main » Mon 22 Jul, 2013 5:31 pm

ball main

Post by ball main » Mon 22 Jul, 2013 5:33 pm

citizen cub wrote:I can't rate him TBH.

I know it's his first season in FG and he's been burdened with big responsibility since Galloway got injured at the beginning of the season, but he hasn't really shown any signs that he can make an impact in the NRL arena. He does not hit the line with force, his defensive positioning is poor and he seems to keep coming up with poor errors when we least need them.

IMO we should be looking to invest more resources in big Polynesian forwards with real potential, guys like Ava and Soni Passi come to mind.

Only my opinion, would be interested to here your's.

Cub
I totally agree. I know he's young but that doesn't mean he can't run a bit harder. He never ever looks like braking the line. He has no leg speed at all . Maybe he can work on that in the offseason.

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Thu 25 Jul, 2013 1:32 pm

ball main wrote:
citizen cub wrote:I can't rate him TBH.

I know it's his first season in FG and he's been burdened with big responsibility since Galloway got injured at the beginning of the season, but he hasn't really shown any signs that he can make an impact in the NRL arena. He does not hit the line with force, his defensive positioning is poor and he seems to keep coming up with poor errors when we least need them.

IMO we should be looking to invest more resources in big Polynesian forwards with real potential, guys like Ava and Soni Passi come to mind.

Only my opinion, would be interested to here your's.

Cub
I totally agree. I know he's young but that doesn't mean he can't run a bit harder. He never ever looks like braking the line. He has no leg speed at all . Maybe he can work on that in the offseason.

He's young so he deserves time, but it's clear he needs to find some mass in the off season. How 20 year olds successfully do this is problematical. ATM he needs to make contact on the defender's edge and drive much more often than he does. The worrying thing about his game is that he's starting to develop the Wood's characteristic of hitting and spinning, a sure fire sign that he's not confident going into contact

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Thu 25 Jul, 2013 3:45 pm

Irvine wrote:
Newtown wrote:
Irvine wrote:
You said for a young prop thrown the responsibility of first grade it is a little like trying to prepare a two year old racehorse to win the Melbourne Cup. It just doesn't happen.

And i am telling you it does happen and it has happened.

Jack Buchanan (born 10 April 1992) Buchanan made his NRL debut in 2013.
Aaron Woods (born 13 March 1991) Woods made his NRL debut for the Wests Tigers at the start of the 2011.
Are you able to work out for yourself what age Woods would have been ?

I would stay away from horses if I was you.
Quite right. If props at the tigers aren't playing origin at 22 then we should get rid of them. :roll: :roll:
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."