What will Benji do tonight

•  Recent Topics
ImageImageImage
WTDiehard

Re: What will Benji do tonight

Post by WTDiehard » Sat 03 Aug, 2013 4:17 pm

Benji has been poor for almost two years now apart from the odd game where he has made an above average contribution.

Our entire season has revolved around "is benji staying" and all the shenanigans that go with it. I think it has been very disruptive to the club and although they say " no player is bigger than the game", benji has ensured that our season has been 2nd to his personal drama's. Most games he has been completely disinterested and I think thats a huge sign of disrespect to the club , its players and its supporters.

I'm not going to completely slag off a former great, but thats exactly what he is " a former great". Crucial missed tackles, poor passing, poor kicking, its just the same week in week out these days.

I donot believe any other club would have offered him the $750,000 to $1 million a year he was asking for , thats why he is leaving the NRL IMO.

I wish him all the best as a "past great" but I don't think he's living in the real world right now. Whatever he thinks was promised to him had to be based on performance and in a hard game like RL we know careers can come to an end very quickly. I also cannot see him playing in the World Cup for NZ later this year....how can you pick someone who is playing that low level of footy these days.

Benji....thanks for the memories...you were awesome once apon a time and good luck.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 03 Aug, 2013 4:25 pm

WTDiehard wrote:Benji has been poor for almost two years now apart from the odd game where he has made an above average contribution.

Our entire season has revolved around "is benji staying" and all the shenanigans that go with it. I think it has been very disruptive to the club and although they say " no player is bigger than the game", benji has ensured that our season has been 2nd to his personal drama's. Most games he has been completely disinterested and I think thats a huge sign of disrespect to the club , its players and its supporters.

I'm not going to completely slag off a former great, but thats exactly what he is " a former great". Crucial missed tackles, poor passing, poor kicking, its just the same week in week out these days.

I donot believe any other club would have offered him the $750,000 to $1 million a year he was asking for , thats why he is leaving the NRL IMO.

I wish him all the best as a "past great" but I don't think he's living in the real world right now. Whatever he thinks was promised to him had to be based on performance and in a hard game like RL we know careers can come to an end very quickly. I also cannot see him playing in the World Cup for NZ later this year....how can you pick someone who is playing that low level of footy these days.

Benji....thanks for the memories...you were awesome once apon a time and good luck.
Disagree, he was okay last year. Nothing amazing, if he'd played like that this year i would have been okay with it. This year he has been beyond poor but not because he is disinterested. He seems to be trying really hard but it's not coming off for him, he seems to only play well in a winning side with tones of ability to create chances. Also, potter's method of coaching probably doesn't fit his style of playing so he's looking for a fresh start. Best for him and us.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

WTDiehard

Post by WTDiehard » Sat 03 Aug, 2013 5:06 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
WTDiehard wrote:Benji has been poor for almost two years now apart from the odd game where he has made an above average contribution.

Disagree, he was okay last year. Nothing amazing, if he'd played like that this year i would have been okay with it. This year he has been beyond poor but not because he is disinterested. He seems to be trying really hard but it's not coming off for him, he seems to only play well in a winning side with tones of ability to create chances. Also, potter's method of coaching probably doesn't fit his style of playing so he's looking for a fresh start. Best for him and us.

I could agree with you that he was better last year than this year....but I can't blame Potters coaching style for his form. A player of his calibre should still be able to pass, kick and make tackles....I think he can be a bit of a sook at times and this is probably contributing to his poor play. Its a pity that he will be remembered for this year more than his past achievements if he does not pull his finger out.