Anti conspiracy thread

ImageImageImage
Goose

Anti conspiracy thread

Post by Goose » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 12:29 pm

In contradiction to all the conspiracy that has been on here in relation to the JV.

This week flies in the face of it (I for one am happy it happened BTW) and thought I should bring it to attention

1. This week we had a top Sydney side play at CSS (often said here this never happens)
2. All week was promoted the Fibros and Silvertails (The Wests side is promoted as it should we all hear this is ignored)
3. We made a big signing announcement the week of a CSS game (it doesn't only happen for Leichhardt games)
4. Warren Smith regularly referred us as Wests in the commentary

Im saying this should happen, and I know it happens in reverse as well, but recently I read a few too many post n this forum promoting thinking that that Wests is neglected.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 9:08 pm

Yeah.... as a Fibro, it was nice to see. People only seem to notice if their side is getting the raw deal, hence the moans of whingers and what not... It shouldnt be one way nor another, but the club realising that a home game is a home game, no matter the venue. One club.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 9:11 pm

I noticed the Magpie mascot was there last night...along with a different looking tiger mascot (might be the same I dont take much notice of these things)

Surprised me tho.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 9:30 pm

It's getting a million times better with Mayer. Hope he can enact change in the board structure or get the NRL to do it. I fear that if/when he leaves we'll be in the same position as last year...
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

azsportza

Post by azsportza » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 11:01 pm

innsaneink wrote:I noticed the Magpie mascot was there last night...along with a different looking tiger mascot (might be the same I dont take much notice of these things)

Surprised me tho.
The "different looking tiger mascot" first appeared at our very first home game of the year back in Round 2 against Penrith at Campbelltown.

This was the Magpie leading the team out last night.

This image back from Round 2 of the Tiger mascot making it's debut

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 11:19 pm

Not a fan of the new Tiger.
Much preferred the older one.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 31 Jul, 2013 10:15 am

azsportza wrote:
innsaneink wrote:I noticed the Magpie mascot was there last night...along with a different looking tiger mascot (might be the same I dont take much notice of these things)

Surprised me tho.
The "different looking tiger mascot" first appeared at our very first home game of the year back in Round 2 against Penrith at Campbelltown.

This was the Magpie leading the team out last night.

This image back from Round 2 of the Tiger mascot making it's debut
I was at the penrith game, didnt notice the mascot

Hard to miss em on TV tho the other night

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 31 Jul, 2013 10:21 am

Has the bloke who used to wear the magpies suit retired , sure I read a story that he retired after the 2005 GF ??

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 31 Jul, 2013 11:24 am

You'd think it would eliminate conspiracy theories but it doesn't. There is still a section of Magpie fans who believe whole heartedly that the Magpies will return to the NRL and WT's will be no more. Something to do with Wests having all the money and Balmain almost being broke (their words, not mine so don't flame me). I don't know what kind of twilight zone they live in, but you try and tell them thats not going to happen and they look at you like you are the loony.