Who was good and who sucked

ImageImageImage
Gary Bakerloo

Re: Who was good and who sucked

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sat 10 Aug, 2013 10:14 am

Royce wrote: I hate to beat a dead horse, but basically Anasta, Thompson and Ayshford HAD to be dropped after last week.

Yet Potter kept all three. Thompson hurt himself, so big Ben comes in and kills them.
They won't be dropped and rightly so.

Anyone hear the comments by Fittler in commentary? Mentioned he spoke to Potter before the match and asked about the young players like Brooks and Moses. Potter's attitude is that the current squad got the team into this mess, so they take responsibility. Why should players like Brooks and Moses take on this burden?

This from a coach who is apparently on the chopping block. Willing to lose these games in order to protect these young players from this train wreck and enable them to start next year afresh. It is painful to take as a fan, but if this is the case, happy to take the pain.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 10 Aug, 2013 10:17 am

KG was good. Other than him, I can't really take my hat off to anyone. Everyone else was par and the rest not FG standard. Simple.
We got a penalty , Benji looker at KG and asked if he wanted to run, KG was buggered but he took the hit up. Well done, on top of the leg driving he did.
Real future there with him and woodsy.
Koro had the right intensity, shame his hands let him down a couple of times.
But geez parra got lucky with a few calls.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 10 Aug, 2013 10:19 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Royce wrote: I hate to beat a dead horse, but basically Anasta, Thompson and Ayshford HAD to be dropped after last week.

Yet Potter kept all three. Thompson hurt himself, so big Ben comes in and kills them.

Anyone hear the comments by Fittler in commentary? Mentioned he spoke to Potter before the match and asked about the young players like Brooks and Moses. Potter's attitude is that the current squad got the team into this mess, so they take responsibility. Why should players like Brooks and Moses take on this burden?

This from a coach who is apparently on the chopping block. Willing to lose these games in order to protect these young players from this train wreck and enable them to start next year afresh. It is painful to take as a fan, but if this is the case, happy to take the pain.
Hadn't thought of it till i heard the commentary. What strength of character, I could never do that and doubt most on this forum could either. :master:

Obviously, there are also salary cap issues but Brooks could probably get a go I think if they tried hard. But why put him in such a poor team to just be demoralised and targetted.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 11 Aug, 2013 9:15 am

Really good point Gary

Jerry Seinfeld

Post by Jerry Seinfeld » Sun 11 Aug, 2013 11:29 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:

I think this shows the mental toughness from Potter in terms of drawing a line in the sand and no amount of whingeing is going to change his mindset and rightfully so.He benched robbie and benji and it really put a rocket up a lot of people.He got rid of Ayshford and others.He has totally turned around blairs form and everything he has done in the backend of this season has been with one eye on this year and two eyes on next year even though he is under pressure to keep his job.He has done sensationally and if he stays next year we WILL REAP THE REWARDS.

Post by Guest » Sun 11 Aug, 2013 11:32 am

Respect potter for that and he's right. Why demoralise these youngsters at the pinnacle point in their careers, vital for them to be ready. Not come in and feel like they are contributing to losses that the present team, or few players are forcing us into.

I say put Ayshford at prop and make him play 80. Get what we deserve from him in the last few rounds, his attitude was disgraceful on Friday.

Jerry Seinfeld

Post by Jerry Seinfeld » Sun 11 Aug, 2013 11:36 am

Guest wrote:Respect potter for that and he's right. Why demoralise these youngsters at the pinnacle point in their careers, vital for them to be ready. Not come in and feel like they are contributing to losses that the present team, or few players are forcing us into.

I say put Ayshford at prop and make him play 80. Get what we deserve from him in the last few rounds, his attitude was disgraceful on Friday.

This and if the bum tackled roberts in the 78th minute we are all talking about a great win with a 15 man rotation minus farah and woods.