Luke Brooks

ImageImageImage
stevetiger

Re: Luke Brooks

Post by stevetiger » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 8:54 am

The thing with Brooks to me he looked just the same as when he is playing the 20's. Its like it wasn't a big step up for him.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 8:55 am

Tigersman wrote:I feel like watching the game again just to see Brooks play again and again and again.
Yep. It will not until next year that we see him again in First Grade so that game will get plenty of viewings.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 9:00 am

innsaneink wrote:Thanks Brooksy....youve given all the supporters something to look forawrd to over a very long summer soon to be on us

Great debut
So true

Balmainboydug

Post by Balmainboydug » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 9:03 am

Balmainboy !!!!!!

Moses missed him badly , U20 lose , we know Luke has the goods and proved so yesterday.

Souths won't grant any leeway and Luke's first go at 1st grade was encouraging but his last for 2013 , 2014 looks brighter but if we don't finish in the top four by 2015 we have failed BIGTIME.

Nice to hear Luke's comments regarding Benji being his favourite player , class act this kid.

Post by Guest » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 9:05 am

Black'n'White wrote:Just think, his partner in crime wasnt there today.... imagine Moses can break the top flight as well....

Best thing was everyone seemed to know what was going on as well, its as if structure appeared out of nowhere.

Luke Brooks

Post by Luke Brooks » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 9:08 am

He went really good yesterday, good to get that game out of the way.
He will take even more confidence back to the 20s for the remainder of their campaign.

WTDiehard

Post by WTDiehard » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 9:47 am

The kid did very well today, how many players can say they scored a try and had two TA in their first NRL game.....not many.

But lets not put too much pressure on the kid....he's very good and he will form part of the future for us next year will the like of Siro, Teddy, simona, Noaf, moses, etc etc etc.

We also have some decent buys coming to the club.......not superstars but workers which is what a club looking for consistency needs.

I thought all players yest put in which was pleasing.

Looking forward to 2014.

spacecamel

Post by spacecamel » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 9:59 am

Solid debut, but thousands of hours of focused training to come.

Even Balin Cupples had a good debut from memory.

rossop

Post by rossop » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 10:02 am

I know its only one game BUT.. I couldn't sleep last night because I was so Charged Up! Brooksey, BMM, Teddy! The whole side played well.

Meevinman

Post by Meevinman » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 9:18 pm

Haha

When Brooks was brought off late in the second half, whilst the bench was giving him a pat on the back and hi-fives, I see a shot of Robbie on the top right corner, with a big grin on his face.

He must be looking forward to next year.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 9:27 pm

Balmainboydug wrote:Balmainboy !!!!!!

Moses missed him badly , U20 lose , we know Luke has the goods and proved so yesterday.

Souths won't grant any leeway and Luke's first go at 1st grade was encouraging but his last for 2013 , 2014 looks brighter but if we don't finish in the top four by 2015 we have failed BIGTIME.

Nice to hear Luke's comments regarding Benji being his favourite player , class act this kid.
Moses did not miss Brooks, Moses was dominating up until he injured his leg. He needs to put on 5 kg's of muscle in my opinion.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 26 Aug, 2013 2:12 am

That's right milky and many rate Mitch just as highly as Brooksey.

shakey4d

Post by shakey4d » Mon 26 Aug, 2013 8:08 am

Meevinman wrote:Haha

When Brooks was brought off late in the second half, whilst the bench was giving him a pat on the back and hi-fives, I see a shot of Robbie on the top right corner, with a big grin on his face.

He must be looking forward to next year.
Must admit i was a bit disappointed robbie didnt get up and congratulate Luke after such a great display. I Robbie misses playing, but geez i wish he didnt always look like he is sulking in a corner.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 26 Aug, 2013 10:03 am

Gee I must have imagined that HUGE SMILE on Robbies face as Brooks walked off....maybe he should have baked him a cake??

Re Brooks.The thing that I found the most exciting was his kicking game......Anasta was bog average but Brooks' was spot on,especially from close range.

You only have to look at Souffs to see how important a good soft/close range kicking game is....Im predicting quite a few repeat sets next year,if not TA's from Brooks' short kicking game.

Very exciting.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 26 Aug, 2013 8:15 pm

Milky wrote:
Balmainboydug wrote:Balmainboy !!!!!!

Moses did not miss Brooks, Moses was dominating up until he injured his leg. He needs to put on 5 kg's of muscle in my opinion.
agree, it will be a constant challenge for Moses to get his frame ready for NRL, plenty of others have succeeded and he will as well if he is prepared to work

Luke Brooks

Post by Luke Brooks » Mon 26 Aug, 2013 9:48 pm

shakey4d wrote:
Must admit i was a bit disappointed robbie didnt get up and congratulate Luke after such a great display. I Robbie misses playing, but geez i wish he didnt always look like he is sulking in a corner.

He realized it was Lukes moment, cameras on him.Robbie did the right thing in allowing brooks his moment in the sun.

He wouldve congratulated him at some stage of that im of no doubt