Why Are The Refs Always Against Us?

ImageImageImage
Flippedy

Why Are The Refs Always Against Us?

Post by Flippedy » Sat 07 Sep, 2013 9:32 pm

This year especially, we just can't seem to get an even break! It's so damn frustrating. We've just been snuffed out of so many games lately when we've actually had half a chance of winning - it's completely demoralizing!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 07 Sep, 2013 9:34 pm

I think it's every team in the bottom half of the comp to be honest that this happens to, but yes tonight and against the Bunnies, we weren't given a fair go

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 07 Sep, 2013 9:39 pm

I dont subscribe to this victim mentality usually, but that little germ with the whistle tonite was just a vindictive rank amateur who went out of his way to look for things to ping us for

What a disgrace to refereeing you are gerry...small man syndrome no doubt.
Never like this little twerp

If he figures in the finals series theres something seriously wrong, he got it incorrect so many times tonite

reyre2000

Post by reyre2000 » Sat 07 Sep, 2013 9:43 pm

i reckon its always been like that against the tigers going back to the balmain days of the 90's. Its just the way it goes, the good (better half of the comp) teams seem to always get the 50/50 calls and sometimes the outrageous ones too. I remember a try this year not awarded to the tigers because he got a push in the back from a team mate to get him over the line. I have seen this done a hundred times over the years but no, when we score cause of help from a team mate we get a big fat "no try" on the screen. heaps of examples like this.
by alexaki » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:23 pm
"you are obviously not a boomer or gen x"
.................ageists should be banned from this forum

willow

Post by willow » Sat 07 Sep, 2013 9:45 pm

We got dudded in the second half. A couple of crucial calls cost us over 20 points.

jimmyz

Post by jimmyz » Sat 07 Sep, 2013 9:54 pm

we cant tackle,kick get 50 put on us come 15th and we blame the refs,please now ive heard everything.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 07 Sep, 2013 9:57 pm

We got some really bad calls.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 07 Sep, 2013 9:58 pm

jimmyz wrote:we cant tackle,kick get 50 put on us come 15th and we blame the refs,please now ive heard everything.
No...we are talking about a handful of very dubious incorrect calls that all went the other way....you didnt watch?

mtd

Post by mtd » Sat 07 Sep, 2013 10:02 pm

Tigerdave wrote:I think it's every team in the bottom half of the comp to be honest that this happens to, but yes tonight and against the Bunnies, we weren't given a fair go
100%

jimmyz

Post by jimmyz » Sat 07 Sep, 2013 10:04 pm

innsaneink wrote:
jimmyz wrote:we cant tackle,kick get 50 put on us come 15th and we blame the refs,please now ive heard everything.
No...we are talking about a handful of very dubious incorrect calls that all went the other way....you didnt watch?
i watched the missed tackles that were a disgrace,the kicking game that wasn't there and players like lote bell spence anasta that are oxygen thief's and you want to worry about a few dodgy calls,i think our club has a lot more to worry aboutdont you think.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 07 Sep, 2013 10:05 pm

The one good thing about Sheens was that he would go straight to the ref's boss and discuss it if he wasn't happy with their calls during a game, ensuring that we would get the rub of the green the following week. Potter says absolutely nothing, so the bias against us just continues week in, week out.

I'm over it! The game is completely rigged these days. One team will go out the back door in the first week of the finals next week because of a string of dodgy decisions - mark my words.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

3cats

Post by 3cats » Sat 07 Sep, 2013 10:15 pm

players like lote bell spence anasta that are oxygen thief's and you want to worry about a few dodgy calls,i think our club has a lot more to worry aboutdont you think.jimmyz
your an oxygen thief jimmyz

dazza65

Post by dazza65 » Sat 07 Sep, 2013 10:21 pm

3cats wrote:
players like lote bell spence anasta that are oxygen thief's and you want to worry about a few dodgy calls,i think our club has a lot more to worry aboutdont you think.jimmyz
your an oxygen thief jimmyz
Yep 2-0

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

Post by Guest » Sat 07 Sep, 2013 10:23 pm

Flippedy wrote:This year especially, we just can't seem to get an even break! It's so damn frustrating. We've just been snuffed out of so many games lately when we've actually had half a chance of winning - it's completely demoralizing!
We didn't lose 50-22 and finish 15th because of poor refs calls. It may make you feel better for 5 minutes but seriously get a grip.

We are poor... We will be poor for several seasons to come. Pining our hopes on an 18yr old HB is just delusional

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 07 Sep, 2013 10:27 pm

The refs aren't why we finished 15th but I do agree that the last 2 weeks we copped an unfair pasting from them.mafter the burgess binning last week I knew we'd cop it for the rest of the game and we did. Tonight we were right in it until a number of bizarre calls went against us.

It was no excuse to lose the plot like we did and concede 28 points, but i do agree that we got the raw deal and the result could have been different if we didn't

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 07 Sep, 2013 10:28 pm

jimmyz wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
i watched the missed tackles that were a disgrace,the kicking game that wasn't there and players like lote bell spence anasta that are oxygen thief's and you want to worry about a few dodgy calls,i think our club has a lot more to worry aboutdont you think.
They are two seperate issues.

Or is that beyond your comprehension?

jimmyz

Post by jimmyz » Sat 07 Sep, 2013 10:54 pm

innsaneink wrote:
jimmyz wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
They are two seperate issues.

Or is that beyond your comprehension?
whats there to comprehend,the team that always loses blames the ref pretty simple i think.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 07 Sep, 2013 10:56 pm

Flippedy wrote:This year especially, we just can't seem to get an even break! It's so damn frustrating. We've just been snuffed out of so many games lately when we've actually had half a chance of winning - it's completely demoralizing!
Because you touch yourself at night? :|