We are a joke.

ImageImageImage
pacman

We are a joke.

Post by pacman » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 10:59 am

We are a joke and nothing short of it.

In attack - we have scored the least amount of points ever as a joint venture this season.
In defense - we have conceded the most amount of points ever as a joint venture this season also.

Although there may be a few positives to take out of this year, the negatives far out weigh them and by the looks of things - bottom 4 is on the cards again next year, sorry for my lack of optimism but just saying it how it is. If it wasn't for possibly one of the worst teams in the history of the game in this Parramatta side, we would have collected the wooden spoon.

alex

Post by alex » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 11:28 am

pacman wrote:We are a joke and nothing short of it.

In attack - we have scored the least amount of points ever as a joint venture this season.
In defense - we have conceded the most amount of points ever as a joint venture this season also.

Although there may be a few positives to take out of this year, the negatives far out weigh them and by the looks of things - bottom 4 is on the cards again next year, sorry for my lack of optimism but just saying it how it is. If it wasn't for possibly one of the worst teams in the history of the game in this Parramatta side, we would have collected the wooden spoon.

Yes we struggled this year, but it was bound to happen when you play 34 players in a season, including 10 debutants and another half a dozen or so players with under 10 games in their career. In the match against St George we had five blokes still eligible for the U20s. In this situation we just wont be able to compete with the top four teams.

The good thing about 2014 is we enter the season with 10 players who at this time last year had no first grade experience, but now have around 20 games under their belt.

The similarities to 2003 are so spooky. That year was Sheens' first year. We also finished second last. And Sheens brought in 8 debutants, namely Benji Marshall, Robbie Farah, Liam Fulton, Dene Halatau, Bryce Gibbs. No need to explain what happened two years later.

Short term pain, long term gain IMO.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 11:30 am

Is that you Golden?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 11:37 am

Big stuffing deal. I hate these kinds of comments with a passion, like you're above supporting such a poorly performed team. Thats footy, happens to all teams at some point. If you were a Wests or Balmain fan it happened regularly.

What a spoiled attitude. Come back when we're in the top 4 if these hard times are below you as a supporter.

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 11:43 am

For me the defence is just so worrying what will change next season, we will still have most of the same bodies around. We definitely need to address this in the off season whether we bring in a new defence coach, personally I'd love to see Folks again but that seems like it isn't going to happen, we leak points at an alarming rate, we seem to be there or there abuts for a half and the implode.
I don't know where we go from here.

shapmar

Post by shapmar » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 11:44 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:

Big stuffing deal. I hate these kinds of comments with a passion, like you're above supporting such a poorly performed team. Thats footy, happens to all teams at some point. If you were a Wests or Balmain fan it happened regularly.

What a spoiled attitude. Come back when we're in the top 4 if these hard times are below you as a supporter.
Too farking true. A real fan would be excited for next year, we got hammered this year due to instability and injury, most of all that will be sorted by kickoff 2014, I CAN NOT WAIT.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

krayola

Post by krayola » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 11:47 am

Every club has these years. Most emerge out of it after a year or two. Souths are the only club I can think of who have consistently stunk in the last twenty years. And even now they've come out of it extremely strong.

I don't think anyone can deny that our future looks very, very bright and that with Mayer and the current heads running the club, that we should be able to build a formidable roster for the next five years.

IMO we WERE a joke until Humphrey's resigned after that Souths game.
One of my sources is Pascoe

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 12:01 pm

Can't see us making the 8, it will be a longer journey to us being contenders than i thought.

Some positives to take out of it, Dragons match, storm match even the souths one last week. But defence has been a real issue along with winning the ruck. Not enough offloads, and conceding too many metres.

Only way we make the 8 next year is if we can get a defensive whizz to replace royce and we are relatively unscathed by injuries.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 12:11 pm

pHyR3 wrote:Can't see us making the 8, it will be a longer journey to us being contenders than i thought.

Some positives to take out of it, Dragons match, storm match even the souths one last week. But defence has been a real issue along with winning the ruck. Not enough offloads, and conceding too many metres.

Only way we make the 8 next year is if we can get a defensive whizz to replace royce and we are relatively unscathed by injuries.

Prepare to welcome Mr Kidwell.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 12:40 pm

formerguest wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:Can't see us making the 8, it will be a longer journey to us being contenders than i thought.

Prepare to welcome Mr Kidwell.
Really? God I hope you're right.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 12:53 pm

Yep, Kidwell & Payten assistant coaches for 2014 :righton:

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 10:15 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:

what do you mean attitude? as if you haven't thought that to yourself.
a supporter comes to a wt forum to show frustration at their team- and he's doing that. wtf is wrong with that post.

he expressed his opinion and backed it with facts.

go out and express your opinions about how you think 2014 will unfold and back it with facts rather than sitting behind your keyboard and having a go at others.

personally, im not sure of what's gonna happen- but if i was a neutral supporter, i wouldnt be predicting us in the top 10-12 teams next year.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 10:18 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

what do you mean attitude? as if you haven't thought that to yourself.
a supporter comes to a wt forum to show frustration at their team- and he's doing that. wtf is wrong with that post.

he expressed his opinion and backed it with facts.

go out and express your opinions about how you think 2014 will unfold and back it with facts rather than sitting behind your keyboard and having a go at others.

personally, im not sure of what's gonna happen- but if i was a neutral supporter, i wouldnt be predicting us in the top 10-12 teams next year.
Look at the part i highlighted. He acts like what the club dished out this yr was below him as a supporter. I'm saying that it happens to everyone and to suck it up and stop coming across like a spoiled brat.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 10:23 pm

no he doesn't. it's simply a fact.

who wouldn't be frustrated if their team collected the wooden spoon?
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 10:33 pm

tig_prmz wrote:no he doesn't. it's simply a fact.

who wouldn't be frustrated if their team collected the wooden spoon?
Big deal, theres more to life, especially when there have been so many positives towards the back end of the yr. Its not like we don't have good times on the horizon. If the future was as bleak as it is for Parra, id understand the frustration. But given our situation this yr which has been common knowledge, plus with the amount of juniors looking the goods, that type of reaction is unnecessary imo

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 10:46 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote: Big deal, theres more to life,
who said anything about life?
especially when there have been so many positives towards the back end of the yr. Its not like we don't have good times on the horizon.
he addressed that.
If the future was as bleak as it is for Parra, id understand the frustration. But given our situation this yr which has been common knowledge, plus with the amount of juniors looking the goods, that type of reaction is unnecessary imo
parra has a premiership/soo winning coach with a junior base bigger than ours- a secure home ground and a board situation much like ours. how are they in any worse condition than we are?

that ^ was my opinion- and you're entitled to yours. but having a go at someone for expressing an opinion is low
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 11:11 pm

"parra has a premiership/soo winning coach" - probably not for long by reports. and in any case, i think ricky stuart is a rubbish coach who only ever blames everyone and everything but his own deficiencies.

im not going to shout anyone down for their opinion, but i find it a little surprising a tigers supporter isnt optimistic about next year. as ive said for some time, i really think potter and mayer have the club on the right path and everything that has happened this season will see things steadily, if not exponentially improve from 2014 onwards.

just my opinion here, but i think using such a narrow sample group (ie; 14 seasons) without consideration of a number of mitigating factors such as injuries, youthful players, off field distractions, etc. is somewhat dwelling on the negatives.

im really optimistic about next season. the club is heading back up there!

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Mon 09 Sep, 2013 1:09 am

Again last night we were basically playing without a 6 or 7

I think we are capable of lots of points with a bit more direction