We are a joke.

ImageImageImage
Newtown

Re: We are a joke.

Post by Newtown » Mon 09 Sep, 2013 2:54 am

If a club and its head coach encourage mediocrity then the club will continue to be mediocre. Players such as Anasta and Spence are continually selected in the top side. Is this because we cannot bring on replacements from State Cup? If so then we were very unfortunate to have so many injuries during to our top 25. If not then then a fair amount of blame for our dismal year would have to be apportioned to coaching and the culture cultivated. Being competitive is what we should strive for in 2014. Making the top 8 would be a bonus,

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 09 Sep, 2013 6:39 am

tig_prmz wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote: Big deal, theres more to life,
who said anything about life?
especially when there have been so many positives towards the back end of the yr. Its not like we don't have good times on the horizon.
he addressed that.
If the future was as bleak as it is for Parra, id understand the frustration. But given our situation this yr which has been common knowledge, plus with the amount of juniors looking the goods, that type of reaction is unnecessary imo
parra has a premiership/soo winning coach with a junior base bigger than ours- a secure home ground and a board situation much like ours. how are they in any worse condition than we are?

that ^ was my opinion- and you're entitled to yours. but having a go at someone for expressing an opinion is low
LMAO ok, but aren't you now having a go at me for expressing my opinion? isn't that low of you? Doesn't that make you a hypocrite otherwise? I look forward to seeing you come to the aid of everyone who gets criticized for having an opinion from this point on. Batman is sometimes known as the caped crusader, from now on i shall refer to you as the keyboard crusader :lol:

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 09 Sep, 2013 8:30 am

Too many fans are talking long term for mine .... Things such as short term pain for long term gain etc. how long is long term ? And on the point about being excited about next year ..... Well, I have had my hopes up before and been disappointed ..... I think I was excited this time last year about 2013.

No, I'll pay my $400+ and turn up again ...... But will look upon 2014 as the long term light in the tunnel that is as distant as ever.

LaT

Post by LaT » Mon 09 Sep, 2013 2:07 pm

Mayer has touted a youth policy for next year, with a view to recruiting well for 2015 in any needed positions, with 2015 and 2016 being realistic for finals.

That doesn't mean I expect to lose and finish bottom of the table next year, you just have to have realistic views. We can't buy our way out of this, no amount of whinging will change that.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 09 Sep, 2013 4:19 pm

Winnipeg wrote:Again last night we were basically playing without a 6 or 7

I think we are capable of lots of points with a bit more direction
Been doing that for years.

Post by Guest » Mon 09 Sep, 2013 9:12 pm

innsaneink wrote:

Three giant aggressive fowards and it doesnt matter what halves, get rid of the pleasantville players including Galloway and then we will be competitive

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Tue 10 Sep, 2013 1:41 am

innsaneink wrote:

Yes, but the situation looks to be improving for next year, with + brooks and - Benji

Defence doesn't seem to have an easy fix, but maybe - Royce will help

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 10 Sep, 2013 9:52 pm

your "opinion" was about the poster not the post. my opnion was about your post.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 11 Sep, 2013 6:11 am

Who's we Kimosabe?
"Quality Stupidity"

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Wed 11 Sep, 2013 7:11 am

I'm certainly optimistic, especially with Keebra Park, winning SG Ball, NYC and an abundance of youth coming through. I thought this year was a good insight to the future.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Thu 12 Sep, 2013 7:30 pm

Parra is way ahead of us in terms of being Jokes. Ricky GGGonnnee