Teddy's ankle

happy tiger

Re: Teddy's ankle

Post by happy tiger » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:34 am

alex wrote:Rowe is not ready for first grade.
I'll take your word on that , maybe I have only seen Rowe's better games

Well if their is any truth to the Inu thing its time to rush this deal through now

Unless we play Thompson in the centres (which isn't ideal either ) all other options are concerning defensively

Post by 2041 » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:57 am

happy tiger wrote:
Goose wrote:BSB indicated that the results wouldnt be known to this arvo and added that the club didnt think it was too bad.
Which is a relative term and could mean anything....
Yes the glass is half full but also half empty :lol:

Spin ,Spin and more spin , pity we didn't take that much spin to the T20 World cup
How is it "spin" to say they don't know the full situation but don't think it's too bad? I mean, what do you expect? "Well we don't have a medical opinion and the injury can't be properly assessed until tomorrow, but he's definitely playing next week."

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 12:06 pm

1- Nofoaluma
2- Naiyaravoro
3- Simona
4- Lawrence
5- Richards

But hopefully Teddy is good to go.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 12:07 pm

2041 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Goose wrote:BSB indicated that the results wouldnt be known to this arvo and added that the club didnt think it was too bad.
Which is a relative term and could mean anything....
Yes the glass is half full but also half empty :lol:

Spin ,Spin and more spin , pity we didn't take that much spin to the T20 World cup
How is it "spin" to say they don't know the full situation but don't think it's too bad? I mean, what do you expect? "Well we don't have a medical opinion and the injury can't be properly assessed until tomorrow, but he's definitely playing next week."
Was suppose to be sarcasm

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 12:23 pm

alex wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:
Fifty fifty call for me, Koro or Mr T with Noufa to fullback.

The options are Koro, Mr T, Austin, Lulia and Moses, all of them have some question marks on their defence.
Unfortunately Mr T is very rocks and diamonds. He'd get slaughtered in NRL. His handling yesterday was atrocious, dropped two sitters (had nothing to do with the weather, it wasn't raining during State Cup).

If Ted is out, Simona will go fullback and Lulia to right centre. It's the least disruptive move, and Simona also has FB experience.

I dont see how he is any different to Manu Vatuvei.

"slaughtered in the NRL"

I doubt it, he seems a confidence player and bringing him up and having him soak up the energy and confidence in the current first grade team could help him.

I see him as an option, nothing more nothing less.

monkey

Post by monkey » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 3:02 pm

I think you will find lulia back in the centres and Simona to fullback

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 3:18 pm

So he's out for 6 weeks.

The most likely scenario is teddy to fullback and lulia to centre. Rowe hasn't shown much at all this season. Been very quiet, no getting involved much. Moses would be a very remote chance, but although he has a WT contract I don't think they'll risk him physically yet.

Would Nofo switch to centre? To allow one of our stronger nsw cup wingers a chance? Mr T has like 29 tries in his last 18 matches and has been a match winner for NSW cup for some time now. His workrate has improved and he came up with that one on one strip in the last minute to give us a shot at winning the nsw cup match against warriors last week. He's a better player than Semi Radrarara but Parra have a weaker squad so he's got a chance sooner than Mr T.

Or would Asipeli Fine get a shot at centre? Very solid player. Similar to Lulia. but faster and stronger.

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 3:26 pm

1 Nofo
2 Richards
3 Simona
4 Austin
5 Lawrence

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 3:28 pm

maybe they don't want to play Nofo at fullback so teams like the roosters and bulldogs can't see his full potential before he resigns with the tigers ...
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 3:40 pm

Poor form that we let him stay on the field. If it's that bad he should have come straight off.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 3:44 pm

Sabre wrote:Poor form that we let him stay on the field. If it's that bad he should have come straight off.
Assume they didnt know hence the need for scans. It happens. If you cant handle things like this I suggest you go support lawn bowls etc.

alex

Post by alex » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 4:22 pm

The rep bye round is between Round 8 and Round 9 so gives Teddy an extra week ;)

BlackandGoldForever

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 4:26 pm

well a bye is in between so that mesn he will miss at least 5 games.... it could be worse he will also miss playing for City though that game means nothing it's a good thing hes not in that game

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 4:51 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:So he's out for 6 weeks.

The most likely scenario is teddy to fullback and lulia to centre. Rowe hasn't shown much at all this season. Been very quiet, no getting involved much. Moses would be a very remote chance, but although he has a WT contract I don't think they'll risk him physically yet.

Would Nofo switch to centre? To allow one of our stronger nsw cup wingers a chance? Mr T has like 29 tries in his last 18 matches and has been a match winner for NSW cup for some time now. His workrate has improved and he came up with that one on one strip in the last minute to give us a shot at winning the nsw cup match against warriors last week. He's a better player than Semi Radrarara but Parra have a weaker squad so he's got a chance sooner than Mr T.

Or would Asipeli Fine get a shot at centre? Very solid player. Similar to Lulia. but faster and stronger.
Source? speculation?

phil1986

Post by phil1986 » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 5:16 pm

Didn't Simona cover at full back on the weekend?

Makes the simplest solution.

Simona FB.
Lulia to centre.

Anasta to be suspended.... Austin in at 6.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 5:25 pm

phil1986 wrote:Didn't Simona cover at full back on the weekend?

Makes the simplest solution.

Simona FB.
Lulia to centre.

Anasta to be suspended.... Austin in at 6.

Depth... Wests Tigers, who would have thought we would ever have our roster this together.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 5:32 pm

Tedesco to be sidelined by ankle injury

By Wests Tigers Media

NRL.com

5:00pm Mon 07th April, 2014

Wests Tigers fullback James Tedesco is facing a stint on the sidelines after suffering an ankle injury against Manly on Sunday. Copyright: Robb Cox/NRL Photos

Wests Tigers medical staff have today confirmed that fullback James Tedesco will be sidelined with an ankle injury sustained in the 34-18 victory over Manly Warringah at Leichhardt Oval.

Tedesco will have further scans on his ankle tomorrow morning and could potentially be sidelined for an extended period.

While it is clear that Tedesco will miss this Saturday’s clash against the Cowboys, an exact return date will not be known until Club medical staff receive the results of tomorrow’s scans.

One of the Club’s standout performers in the opening five rounds, Tedesco left the field in the 49th minute of the Manly clash.

Wests Tigers will provide a further update on Tedesco’s ankle injury tomorrow.

http://www.nrl.com.au/tedesco-to-be-sid ... fault.aspx

So, at this stage it's only this weekend.

Who filled in for him when he was off? Simona or Nofo? whoever filled in I imagine would be the one with the job this weekend.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 5:34 pm

Simona