Time for concussion interchange.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Re: Time for concussion interchange.

Post by turnstyle » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 11:12 pm

happy tiger wrote:Look in the case of a situation where a player is concussed by contact to the head I think the player who makes contact with the head should sit out the rest of the game as well as the concussed player

Only truly fair way

Eye for an eye
My thoughts exactly.

If it is deemed a reckless act immediately after I think the player should be sent off and only allowed back on if and when the concussed player is.

Currently, there is no detriment to the offending players team yet the concussed players team is down a man from then on.

Obviously accidental hits are different, but what's to stop the ref from communicating with the video ref (or any other ref)?

JD.

Post by JD. » Tue 10 Jun, 2014 1:17 am

I don't know why players arent taking a free of interchange 15 minute breather, by just acting knocked out, it wouldnt be to hard to pull off.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 10 Jun, 2014 7:38 am

I think reduce # of interchanges but increase size of the bench to say 6 (allows you to carry a spare playmaker and outside back).

Free interchange for anyone who comes off and fails concussion test (these players must have compulsory 1-2 weeks off). This benefits the team who is illegally disadvantaged by giving them an extra interchange. The size of this advantage increase the further the interchanges are reduced.

I hate it when i see a backrower moved into the centres to cover a loss in the backs. If this happens early effectively this team is unable to compete because the backline in reshuffled.

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Tue 10 Jun, 2014 8:00 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:I think any player who stays down should be taken automatically off. It would def stop players laying down trying to milk a penalty.
Staying down to milk a penalty helped us win the game. If I was a coach I would tell my players if you are hit high, to stay down and get the penalty. I was disappointed that Chris Lawrence didn't get a penalty when he stayed down after copping knees.

We struggle to get penalties as it is and we only got 2 after guys stayed down, the merkins in pink wouldn't have given them otherwise.

I think interchange should go to seven or eight (with two -three fresh interchange players)but you should be allowed as many players on the bench as you want as long as they have played at least 1/2 of the game before (under 20s or NSW cup whatever game is on), a concussed or seriously injured player can be replaced by one of these players but the player coming off can't go back on.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 10 Jun, 2014 9:16 am

I'd like to see a complete change in the Interchange Concept... Bring back 2 Reserves and only have 3 Interchange Players with a total of 8 Interchanges. Once the Reserve goes on for a Player, that Player can not return to the field.

Reserves should be nominated with the Team Lists an hour before Kick-Off.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017