Young sirro

GNR4LIFE

Re: Young sirro

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 20 Jul, 2014 11:40 pm

simonthetiger wrote:Luck they arent called Roach/Pearce or Jack....we wold have no future.
Hold up, i just thought of something. Remind me whose nephew Moses is? What was that you were saying?

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 21 Jul, 2014 10:43 am

Why do forwards typically debut alter than backs? Because it takes longer for their bodies to mature and for them to learn how to use their size to their advantage in both attack and defence.

The boy's 20 and has had an injury marred start to his career. Most players take a while to find form after coming back from a long lay off, and he's no different.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 21 Jul, 2014 11:14 am

Sirro is coming along. Just needs to wind up more with his hit-ups - but the whole team is guilty of this, too flat-footed despite yesterday's result.

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Mon 21 Jul, 2014 11:18 am

I reckon 12 months time a lot of people will be eating humble pie, kid is still developing and he is a future rep player for sure

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Mon 21 Jul, 2014 10:18 pm

Most players take 30 to 40 first grade games to start realising their potential, especially forwards. Sironen has missed most of the season, only back for a few games and is now playing 80 minutes against what is touted as the best pack in this competition. From where I was at the game, I thought he and his second row mate Bodene, were nothing but outstanding. Sironen, in the opinion of this old Magpie (more than 50 years a supporter), will be a champion - just give it a year or two.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 21 Jul, 2014 11:29 pm

Their is no doubt being the son of a former great player has probably helped and hindered his rise to the NRL. At present he is a work in progress and will be for another season or two, but barring injury he will be a top notch player.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 22 Jul, 2014 7:52 am

Very solid game, nothing fancy. Has huge upside. Played closer because the gameplan was to go thru the centre...you may seem him terrorise his old mate next week.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 22 Jul, 2014 8:13 am

Yes your right LarryC. With Benji's defensive issues. Young Sirro is the perfect player to have running at him all game. Similar to the way Kevin Proctor runs off Cronk.
in Ivan we distrust

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 25 Jul, 2014 1:24 am

Sirro spoke very well on sterlo tonight. Seems to be beyond his years in front of the cameras - very comfortable. And he said he was looking forward to running at Benji. Yep....looking forward to that.

Justo

Post by Justo » Fri 25 Jul, 2014 7:42 am

Yep. That comment to the like of "I'll be running at him a lot!!" made me chuckle. Was very very mature last night on sterlo. Spoke well and handled the Potter talk around him extremely well. I like that his old man is his life coach but not his part time over bearing footy coach. Well done Paul you should be proud of your young lad. Doing your name and legacy proud. I have no doubt he'll continue to do that on the field too.

Those of you bagging. You need to remember he is still a kid (though a massive unit) who's also suffered two shoulder recos and needs to get some regular footy under his belt. He'll go a long way IMO. Big fan!!

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 25 Jul, 2014 7:46 am

wd in perth wrote:Sirro spoke very well on sterlo tonight. Seems to be beyond his years in front of the cameras - very comfortable. And he said he was looking forward to running at Benji. Yep....looking forward to that.

Me too...

Can't throw Darts though...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Fri 25 Jul, 2014 7:48 am

What's in a name
Roach , his son excelled in his sport , water polo
Jack , Sydney swans gun
Pearce , playing first grade , and played rep footy
Sirro , coming along nice , will only get better
Elias , Moses coming along nicely , will only get better

If sirro can stay free from injury he will be a very solid first grader with rep potential , and he is still filling out

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Fri 25 Jul, 2014 8:06 am

Dont care what his name is this Kid is a good Player & will get a lot better. Also waite till his Brother comes into grade as he can play as well.

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Fri 25 Jul, 2014 8:18 am

:sign: Those of you who say young Sirro was better than his father at an early age don't know what they are talking about so please don't make such outlandish statements because, some of the good people on this forum may believe you. His father was The Dally M Rookie Player of the year.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 25 Jul, 2014 8:41 am

They showed a good bit of footage from Sirro snr's last game at LO (aged 34) . He ran out holding Curtis's hand. Curtis looked about 8 years old. Great moment for their family. He also mentioned both him and Bailey were soccer players but got too big. I read an article in the SMH about a year ago stating that Brooks was also a rep soccer player. And one opposing team wouldn't play his side unless he was in goals. Cause he'd scored 11 goals against them. LOL. Obviously very talented athletes.
in Ivan we distrust

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 25 Jul, 2014 8:42 am

They showed a good bit of footage from Sirro snr's last game at LO (aged 34) . He ran out holding Curtis's hand. Curtis looked about 8 years old. Great moment for their family. He also mentioned both him and Bailey were soccer players but got too big. I read an article in the SMH about a year ago stating that Brooks was also a rep soccer player. And one opposing team wouldn't play his side unless he was in goals. Cause he'd scored 11 goals against them. LOL. Obviously very talented athletes.
in Ivan we distrust

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 25 Jul, 2014 8:59 am

Really?? Wow. That's impressive!