The real issue

hobbo

The real issue

Post by hobbo » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 5:27 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
AmericanHistoryX wrote:Mutiny on the bounty!
Lord of the flies ...

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
with river phoenix?
I've only seen the original with James Aubrey mate !

Offical member of the MCK fan club.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 5:39 pm

thanks for the tip champ
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 6:18 pm

Robbie is accused of going to a sponsor and getting him to apply pressure to the board to get rid of his coach. Not supposed similar actions last year and/or previous years, but just last month.

The accusation of a player approach was first made in print, then our captain was confirmed as being the one alluded to be involved, to my ears and in front of my eyes on the Offsiders program by the author Let's get real here people, the reason that what some seem to believe we're defaming comments have not been addressed by Farah, is quite simple, they are true

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 6:24 pm

why is that our problem?
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 6:53 pm

formerguest wrote:Robbie is accused of going to a sponsor and getting him to apply pressure to the board to get rid of his coach. Not supposed similar actions last year and/or previous years, but just last month.

The accusation of a player approach was first made in print, then our captain was confirmed as being the one alluded to be involved, to my ears and in front of my eyes on the Offsiders program by the author Let's get real here people, the reason that what some seem to believe we're defaming comments have not been addressed by Farah, is quite simple, they are true
See at least your attempting to give evidence to support your accusations.
I also read the article which said that a group of players approached this so called third party; however the article had no quotes and could be further speculation like most other articles. But lets just say that the article is 100% accurate for arguments sake.

The author states:

"A summary of the conversation was: coach Michael Potter has not taught Wests Tigers brilliant youngsters much but if the club board insist on retaining him, the players will give Potter 100 per cent."

To me that sounds like a group of players who are genuinely concerned about the club and the direction its heading in rather than undermining an individual for their own personal benefit. See, the only reason we have a problem with it is because Potter is such a champion bloke and we all feel sorry for him. If this was to all take place in 2012 when sheens was still there we would all be over the moon and singing their praises. Reality is, this so called discussion that took place (if it really did) is 100% the reality and i for one am grateful the players were acting in the best interests of the club as it seems they're the only ones doing so.

Based on your piece of evidence and the way your making it sound, this is what happened:

Robbie and a few other players stormed into harry triguboffs office and demanded they had a word with him about a major issue. Harry gets worried, calls off a meeting with developers and asks Robbie "whats wrong ? Robbie goes on to explain "listen harry me and the boys havent really learnt much under Potts but were willing to support him 100% if the board keep him"

Does that seriously sound like a group of players undermining the coach ? to me it sounds like they were approached and gave that answer rather than the other way around.. Thats if any of it is true

2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 7:02 pm

The other real issue is Brian Smith's report

Must be due to see that shortly as well

And if Mayer is being honest in his interview we should know the members of the new board next week or the week after

Reckon we will see this happen ??

I expect to see Smith's report the day after I see the Loch Ness Monster

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 7:05 pm

Always good to have a little substance in a post Tony, and I welcome banter and feedback.

From my knowledge it was not Harry and not necessarily players in plural. I just hate people going behind backs, lying and then hiding behind political speak.

I can still respect such persons a little as players, just not as leaders.

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 7:15 pm

formerguest wrote:Always good to have a little substance in a post Tony, and I welcome banter and feedback.

From my knowledge it was not Harry and not necessarily players in plural. I just hate people going behind backs, lying and then hiding behind political speak.

I can still respect such persons a little as players, just not as leaders.
Im just going on what was said in the print article which said it was robbie with a few other players. Accusations claim the players are pressuring pitter to be ousted yet the article claims he has there support. I respect your views and i to hate backstabbers but my point is we shouldn't accuse people of being one based on rumour and innuendo

2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 11:27 pm

genoshan wrote:Noone is playing with any heart. Ok maybe Tapau seems to be putting in, ever the great messiah Robbie Farah is looking like he is out there but would rather be doing something other than leading Wests right now.

The time of excuses over him being dragged into a media mess is over. THe time for excuses over playing and coaching excuses is over.

I watched the first half and 10 mins of the second half and turned it off. The effort being shown on TV was poor. Have some pride and show the fans you want to win it for yourselves and for them.
Robbie was very sick with the flu all week, but he still played in that horrible weather and was trying his heart out while most of his team mates bludged.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 11:41 pm

Next year Robbie should relinquish captaincy to someone else ...

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 11:49 pm

Tony33 wrote:
Snake wrote:
supercoach wrote:Its been said before over the past month, but I am sick of Farah being made out to be the bad guy in every second post. He is basically the only one capable of putting in decent performance at present. He is our best player and their is daylight to the next, get off his back[/quote

The problem with Farah is his influence off the field this is where the damage is done ....For a 30 year old a good player,but I will predict now while he is at this club with so much influence off the field the club will go nowhere ,how long will a new coach last until the man and his henchmen do not like what he wants . These are my observations with what has happened , I have no doubt that Farah's off field antics destroyed the teams run to the finals ....WHY look at the performances since that day!!! Do we really think this is a coincidence .
I think prior to this season your view would of been justified but this season its clear robbie has taken a backward step both on and off the field. The Players have said multiple times that their job is to play footy not decide who the coach is going to be. The problem is that Robbie suffers from the reputation built prior to this season and is an easy target for the media and us supporters. The players were asked for their opinion as part of a review and they stated that he wasn't the best coach but he had their 100% support. HONESTYY ! Is that not what we want ? What more can they do seriously ?? Robbie's off field antics have little to do with the last month IMO, but instead our management and their lack of professionalism and leadership. A mounting injury toll hasn't helped but our season was effectively over the morning ritchie released his usual dribble before the dragons game.

I seriously can't see why everyone assumes this whole coaching dilemma is somehow the players fault. They were asked their opinion and they gave an honest answer whilst still showing support. What more do they have to do ? If anyone has any substantial proof that robbie or any other player is at fault please enlighten us otherwise put a sock in it for gods sake.

Well said Tony . Of course there's no proof-as there's no proof to be had. All i can think of is, that they are riding the rubbish-media bandwagon , just because they can. Go figure :crazy

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 19 Aug, 2014 12:01 am

genoshan wrote:The fact that Robbie is our best player is not in dispute. He truly looks like he is going through the motions, rather than giving us a performance up to the standards expected.

Part of me can understand with all the drama, at the same time, he IS the best player, he is the captain and he is the player i expect all the younger one look to. A lot of responsibility, maybe it is too much for him ? Maybe him not being captain is the answer. I don't know, I do hope he plays to his potential next season, now this season is gone.
He exceeds his potential every time he plays because he's not afraid to put his body on the line for his club, fans, family and does it with pride! It shows that the jersey he wears, means more than a pay check to him.